Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #376
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I would have never guessed Pizza Planet! I'm thinking of eating there since I won't get to Pizzafarri this time. It looks like the Pizza is very similar so maybe I'll go there. I don't think I would like the gingerbread cupcake but since it's seasonal I couldn't get it anyway.

That's a bummer that Star Tours made you sick. It used to make me queasy but since I started to take Bonine, I can ride it now. As for a headache, full length 3D movies do that to me. I can handle the short ones at WDW but I have to see all full length movies in 2D.

I hated that stage blocking the hat! I'm pretty sure it's only for the holidays and is gone now. As a matter of fact I saw some pictures that were taken this week and I don't remember seeing it. I may need to go back and look again.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #377
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I would have never guessed Pizza Planet! I'm thinking of eating there since I won't get to Pizzafarri this time. It looks like the Pizza is very similar so maybe I'll go there. I don't think I would like the gingerbread cupcake but since it's seasonal I couldn't get it anyway.

That's a bummer that Star Tours made you sick. It used to make me queasy but since I started to take Bonine, I can ride it now. As for a headache, full length 3D movies do that to me. I can handle the short ones at WDW but I have to see all full length movies in 2D.

I hated that stage blocking the hat! I'm pretty sure it's only for the holidays and is gone now. As a matter of fact I saw some pictures that were taken this week and I don't remember seeing it. I may need to go back and look again.
Pizza Planet has pizza just like Pizzafari. There are the only two places where I've liked the CS pizza. So if you like Pizzafari's pizza you'll like Pizza Planet's for sure.

I don't think Bonine would help me, as it's not my stomach but my head that winds up hurting. My stomach was only off because of the bad headache, and I was a little hungry again. I can do full length 3D movies with no issues at all, so I don't know why Star Tours bothers me. It's not the motion either as I've done other 3D motion simulators with no issues, only Star Tours bothers me.

I'm glad the stage is gone now and wasn't a permanent addition as I really hated it!!!

Also, in case I don't talk to you again before you leave, HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP!!!!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #378
PhoenixStrength

Anyone notice anything different???????

I'll be back later to explain the wording

Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #379
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You have a ticker and AGAIN I'm going to miss you. Seriously, that is great.

I can't eat at any of the CS's except Starring Rolls at the Studios...we've tried them all (well, except Pizza Planet, but I avoid pizza in Florida) and they've all been gross.

I'm with you...since they redid Star Tours, I get sick too. I don't know what it is...but Mark will be on his own in August.

I love the Great Movie Ride but really wish they'd update it somehow.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #380
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark
You have a ticker and AGAIN I'm going to miss you. Seriously, that is great.

I can't eat at any of the CS's except Starring Rolls at the Studios...we've tried them all (well, except Pizza Planet, but I avoid pizza in Florida) and they've all been gross.

I'm with you...since they redid Star Tours, I get sick too. I don't know what it is...but Mark will be on his own in August.

I love the Great Movie Ride but really wish they'd update it somehow.
Ding ding ding ding!!! You won the (insert imaginary prize of your choosing here)!! And as you will see in a few minutes when I update there is a slight chance we might notiss each other : Only slight though.

I can't stand any of the other CS places at DHS except Starring Rolls and Pizza Planet. Rest are gross for sure!

I agree that GMR needs an update. Though I don't know what scenes I'd want them to change out. I just want to get the dang cowboy scene once!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #381
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Ding ding ding ding!!! You won the (insert imaginary prize of your choosing here)!! And as you will see in a few minutes when I update there is a slight chance we might notiss each other : Only slight though.

I can't stand any of the other CS places at DHS except Starring Rolls and Pizza Planet. Rest are gross for sure!

I agree that GMR needs an update. Though I don't know what scenes I'd want them to change out. I just want to get the dang cowboy scene once!!!
Hey no fair! I can't see tickers on the phone app. What are the dates or did I not read ahead enough?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #382
PhoenixStrength

FUTURE TRIP UPDATE:

So, in case you didn't see already I have a ticker now, though I haven't booked a trip yet. Steve and I had a long conversation last night about taking our trip over my birthday. We are taking a trip together, we just don't know the exact dates yet. And we won't know for at least a week.

Without getting into a lot of his personal business, he has reasons where he may need to be around his home the last two weeks of March and beginning of April, or may not. If he has to be in Bradenton then he obviously cannot be at WDW at that same time period. If this is the case than we will be going in April instead, sometime in the first few weeks. However, if it turns out that he is free than we will go over my birthday from March 27-29 as originally planned. So a WDW trip is pretty much a lock, I just can't book it until we figure out what dates we will be going.

There is a slight chance I may go down there but we won't go to WDW and will just stay around Bradenton, but that is slight and unlikely. He hurt himself last week and has a pinched nerve in his hip. It's already feeling much better so it shouldn't be an issue by the time our vacation happens. But if it is or he injures himself further than I will just visit with him there since walking miles around a park will be out of the question for sure. And he wouldn't use an ECV.

Once we have the dates figured out than I will post more about the details and such of the trip.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #383
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hey no fair! I can't see tickers on the phone app. What are the dates or did I not read ahead enough?
Look at the post above this one The ticker is for the original March dates!

Old 03-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #385
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Yay for the trip!
I'm very excited!!!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #386
PhoenixStrength

I will be back later with an update to my TR, but first I want to do a real life update, on my kitty Sweetie.

Quick recap for those that didn't see it or forgot: I took Sweetie in for her rabies vaccine December 29th and the vet found she had lost 2 lbs in the past year, which is very worrisome as she is naturally thin already at 7 lbs, and was down to 5lbs. We ran blood work out of concern for hyperthyroid, since that will cause rapid weight loss. Her thyroid levels came back normal, but her calcium was high, which is caused by cancer, kidney failure or para-hyper-thyroid. After more tests there were no signs of tumors and her kidneys are fine. The test for para-hyper-thyroid is $400 so I held off on that. She has been acting completely normal the whole time, eating, drinking, active and using the litter box normally.

Today was another re-check. In the past 5 weeks she has gained 1 lb, adding to the .5 lb she had previously gained in the first month, so she is now only .5 lb underweight and looks much better. My wonderful vet said she looks great, sounds great and is very happy with what she saw today. She took blood and urine for another profile to check her calcium levels as well as everything else. I'll get those results on Monday. But for now I'm thrilled with the weight gain as it's a great sign and she is much healthier already just gaining the weight back.

Be back later with my TR update!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #387
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing better!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #388
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing better!
Thank you! She is no means out of the woods since if her calcium is still high than I'll have to do even more tests to find out what's wrong, but it's going in the right direction so far at least!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #389
PhoenixStrength

DAY THREE, SATURDAY DECEMBER 1ST, PART FIVE

When I got off Great Movie Ride I headed off to get one of my favorite souvenirs, especially since it's free!! I headed into the Disney Animation building...

...then went to the Animation Academy.

A class had just started a few minutes before, but there were already several people waiting. In fact by the time my group was let in there was a LONG line of people waiting. They had every chair filled, all the extra clipboards and benches filled and had people that had to go back out to wait for the next class. I've never seen it that busy before!!

Our teacher for that class was very nice and funny, and I wish I had written down his name. We drew Winnie the Pooh and I think mine turned out pretty darn good!

When we were finished I walked around to see how long the line was for another class, but the CM there said they had enough people waiting already to fill the next 2 classes, so I decided to move on to something very new, in fact it wasn't even officially open yet! The Legend of Jack Sparrow!

There was a bit of a line already, but the sign said a 20 minute wait and I had heard a CM earlier that day telling people it was closing earlier than the rest of the park since it's official opening was still 5 days away, so I hopped in line. Unfortunately I had an obnoxious, large family behind me that were yelling at each other, talking loudly on their cells and complaining non-stop about the wait. Once we walked in for our group though I moved away from them and it was fine.

Without giving everything away for those that haven't done it and plan on doing it during future trips, I will say it was nothing like what I thought it would be. Basically it takes place in two rooms and uses some minor special effects to tell a little story that you "participate" in. While it was nice, I was underwhelmed for sure. I did get some pictures though.

Jack himself (AKA Johnny Depp) was on screen for quite a while talking and moving around, but I couldn't get a clear picture of him since he never stopped moving!!! Seriously, this is the best picture I got of him:

The good news was once I came out from there I was feeling much better, almost completely back to normal again. The bad news was the sky was looking like this:

I decided to head across the park to ride my favorite rides again. I grabbed a Fastpass for ToT, then headed into the area for RnRC. I should have headed there first and got a FP there, as the stand-by line was 45 minutes there and only 30 for ToT, but it was too late by then. I got in the Single Rider line for RnRC, hoping that would be shorter than the stand-by wait. It wasn't. I waited 45 minutes in the Single Rider line before finally getting on, with a group of 25 teenage boys in front of me being annoying to everyone around them the whole time. Not bad enough that a CM needed to be involved, but annoying enough to have me in a bad mood by the time I got on the ride. But before I get too ahead of myself, here are some pictures I took while waiting in the (very long!) Single Rider line.

My mood was not improved by the fact that I could not get a good picture of Aerosmith during their portion of the pre-ride spiel.

Thankfully once we passed that portion it only took another 5 minutes or so until I got a seat on the ride. But I did get another shot in the "garage" before getting into my limo.

And my ride photo for this time around...

I love how I look high and the kid next to me looks like he is going to puke. Don't worry, he was just faking it for the photo!!!!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #390
PhoenixStrength

By the time I got off of RnRC it was already time to use my FP for ToT (man, that's a lot of acronyms in one sentence!). I headed over there and got right into the Fastpass line.

I made my way into the building quickly, and waited a few minutes to make it into a room. I made the best of my wait by doing what I do best, taking pictures!!!

I was soon in one of the rooms, ready to watch the Twilight Zone video. I was the first one in the room, so I had a minute to snap a few pictures of the room while everyone else came in.

Thankfully, unlike RnRC there was almost no line in the basement so I only managed to take one picture before I was getting into my elevator. It helped that they had them all running so the line moved very quickly.

I loved it, as always. Definitely one of my Top Three favorite attractions in all of WDW.

Since I had done the fake scared look the first time, I tried to look completely bored this time. I'm on the far left, second row, looking up like I don't even care that I'm free-falling and flying back up in a questionable "elevator"!

In less than a quarter of the time that I was waiting to board RnRC I was already off ToT.

My Fastpass for TSM was still about 35 minutes away from the window time, so I headed over to another "hidden" gem of DHS. I say hidden in quotations as it's not hidden at all, but so many people walk right by or don't appreciate it if they do go in. One Man's Dream!

I took a few pictures of the models they have, but mostly enjoyed reading the facts again and enjoying the memorabilia as I walked thru.

By the time I got all the way to the end and to the theater doors it was already 4:50pm, just 5 minutes from my window to start for TSM, so I skipped the movie this time.

I headed next door to TSM and waited a couple minutes for my window, then got in the FP line. The FP machines were closed already, having given out all of the FPs hours ago.

There was a little bit of a line in the FP section, but the stand-by line was very packed, as to be expected. I didn't write it down, but I think the stand-by line was about 90 minutes at that point. I waited about 18-20 minutes to get into my ride vehicle, taking pictures along my walk.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: