Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #17
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillaMagilla View Post
Just remember there is more -- a lot more -- to the realm of cruising than just DCL and RCI. Those who think DCL (or RCI) is the pinnacle would enjoy a revelation if they sampled the dining on Celebrity, experienced the level of service on Cunard or savored the live music entertainment on Princess.
I have heard that Celebrity had fabulous food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
OP: I read your post with interest, having recently sailed myself on both the Liberty of the Seas and Disney Fantasy. While I had a very positive experience on the Liberty, I respect that your experience was different. As they say, YMMV.

It sounds like you are on your way to reaching Crown & Anchor Club "Diamond" status (75 nights onboard). Good for you!

You said RCI does not allow BYOB. That's correct. But once you reach the Diamond level, that becomes a non-issue since Diamond members can attend each evening the private Diamond Lounge which has an open bar. When I was on the Liberty, the Diamond Lounge had a full open bar (soft drinks, beer, wine, champagne, mixed drinks, martinis, scotch, and much more), waitstaff, hot and cold appetizers (from buffalo chicken wings to chocolate covered strawberries), and live music (different performers rotated nightly). It's too bad DCL didn't do something like this for it's Platinum members.

While my DW and my favorite cruise line is DCL, we like to mix it up. In a 12-month period, we will have sailed DCL, RCI, Celebrity, Princess, HAL and NCL. And, like children, none of them is perfect, each has it's strength, and we love them all.

I choose my cruises by itinerary first, and price second. As for prices, we sailed on the Liberty in a balcony cabin for one half of what we paid to sail on the Fantasy in an ocean view on a per person/per night basis.

YMMV

Woody
We did have a great time, just a few differences from our other RC cruises. We just reached Diamond with this cruise so next time we will see you in the lounge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclenut View Post
Love other perspectives. I happen to like the shows on the Freedom better than what they had on the Wonder but DW sailed the Dream in January and thought those shows were better than on the Wonder too. Royal uses live orchestra for their shows and to me, that sets them apart in a good way. Both have some of the best talent you can find for a cruise ship and neither require thir cast to perform crew duties.
The live music on RC is excellent!!! We love it!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club, 2015 Polynesian

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: