Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

Limo service & Magical Express

I have a crazy question for you guys. If I'm booked for Magical Express but decide I would like to surprise my family with a limo ride to the resort, will Magical Express still take my luggage to the room if I have the yellow tags on them? I couldn't find a topic on this already so my apologies if someone already posted a similar question.

JT

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwibih View Post
I have a crazy question for you guys. If I'm booked for Magical Express but decide I would like to surprise my family with a limo ride to the resort, will Magical Express still take my luggage to the room if I have the yellow tags on them? I couldn't find a topic on this already so my apologies if someone already posted a similar question.

JT
I have never used ME but this is a common question around here (I'm sure you would have found the answer if the search was working!). The answer I have always read from others is no, they won't just take your luggage. They are primarily a way to get guests to the resort, not a luggage transport service.

If you decide to book a limo, you should not use the ME tags but collect your luggage & take it with you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwibih View Post

JT
Yes, you can do it. There is a "sticky" thread about this topic, 14 pages worth. Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2015788

Read the very first post in the thread for the complete explanation, including the very small risk you take in using DME for luggage-only on arrival day.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

As mentioned, there is a specific thread for this. Please take any conversation there. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: