Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #151
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Well, I wouldnít say that 40 is ďup thereĒ in age, but yes, I do remember that song! Iím glad you guys had such a fun time at the dance party! It looked like a blast! Your first day was PACKED! You guys accomplished so much! No wonder you are foreshadowing to a rough morning the next day

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #152
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Well, I wouldnít say that 40 is ďup thereĒ in age, but yes, I do remember that song! Iím glad you guys had such a fun time at the dance party! It looked like a blast! Your first day was PACKED! You guys accomplished so much! No wonder you are foreshadowing to a rough morning the next day
Right! 40 isn't up there at all! 1 week left of 39 for me, I'm hoping my mid-life-crisis doesn't go any further than the TATTOO I'm getting! Actually, I've wanted this tattoo for years and decided it was time to finally get it! It's a tree, I'll have to show you when I get it done! I get the first part on the 7th. (I know, you didn't ask, but I'm telling you anyway!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #153
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Iíve been 40 for almost a week now and I already miss being 39! My son thought it was hilarious that I had to now fill out the 40-44 box when taking a survey, rather than the 35-39 box! Iím excited that youíre getting a tattoo! I canít remember, but you already have at least one, right? Iím saving up here and there to get my next tattoo, but Disney is a priority right now, so I probably wonít be getting one until the fall. It must be a pretty detailed tree if you have to get it done in separate sessions! I canít wait to see!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #154
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Iíve been 40 for almost a week now and I already miss being 39! My son thought it was hilarious that I had to now fill out the 40-44 box when taking a survey, rather than the 35-39 box! Iím excited that youíre getting a tattoo! I canít remember, but you already have at least one, right? Iím saving up here and there to get my next tattoo, but Disney is a priority right now, so I probably wonít be getting one until the fall. It must be a pretty detailed tree if you have to get it done in separate sessions! I canít wait to see!
Nope! I don't have one! I know, I SEEM like I have tattoos though, right? It's going to be on my shoulder blade area and pretty big, he said about 5 hours but we're going to do it in 2 sittings since I'm a noob!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #155
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah, 5 hours would be A LOT at one time! I only have two right now and my first one took two hours, but it wasnít too bad because the guy doing it was my friend and we just talked the whole time. With the second one, the artist wasnít too chatty so it seemed like forever even though it was only about 45 minutes So I hope you have a chatty tattoo artist! Or a good book!

Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #156
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Oooh, I'm right there with you.... I know those lyrics & got the dance moves to go with it...

"Come on let's sweat baby
Let the music take control
Let the rhythm move you
Everybody dance now "

Ha!

Now, did you really think we'd ever think you would suddenly just NOT FINISH the trip report?! Your past reports prove otherwise!! Hahahahahaha!! But so glad you are feeling slightly better to be able to function!

And tattoo, wow, you GO girl!! I always think the idea might be cool. But then I think of the pain..and I do this...

I can't WAIT to see your 'celebrate 40' tat! I think it would be cool to have one of my kids names........ somewhere... like around my ankle.

P.S- did you get a chance to see all the pics of the Princess 1/2 from this weekend? Looks sooo cool!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #157
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

We have the same tradition in buying a Christmas ornament in Disney!! I love it! I think this year we went with a Stitch one. Bummer about the one you guys found where they were all damaged though!

I totally saw that dance party that you guys stopped by! Was the DJ doing like, random dances like the sprinkler or other ones? I don't know, we walked past it a few times when we were in DTD and it looked like people were having fun.

Sounds like an awesome day!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #158
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Haha...I remember going to my school dance and dancing away to that song. Loved that song.

Glad you are feeling a bit better!

Sounds like you had a great day!! We always get a Christmas ornament too. This time we picked up Alice and Chip & Dale.

Cool...your first Tattoo! . I have four! Love them, I would like to get more but I can't think of a design right now. I would love to see a pic of yours when you are done.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #159
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a marathon day!!! That dance party looks like a lot of fun, what a great idea to make it a part of your trip traditions from now on!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #160
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yeah, 5 hours would be A LOT at one time! I only have two right now and my first one took two hours, but it wasnít too bad because the guy doing it was my friend and we just talked the whole time. With the second one, the artist wasnít too chatty so it seemed like forever even though it was only about 45 minutes So I hope you have a chatty tattoo artist! Or a good book!
I have no clue if my artist will be chatty, he's really nice and SO talented, but I'm thinking I might just want to sink into a book or something. I'm afraid I'll be a wuss and a big baby about the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Oooh, I'm right there with you.... I know those lyrics & got the dance moves to go with it...

"Come on let's sweat baby
Let the music take control
Let the rhythm move you
Everybody dance now "

Ha!

Now, did you really think we'd ever think you would suddenly just NOT FINISH the trip report?! Your past reports prove otherwise!! Hahahahahaha!! But so glad you are feeling slightly better to be able to function!

And tattoo, wow, you GO girl!! I always think the idea might be cool. But then I think of the pain..and I do this...

I can't WAIT to see your 'celebrate 40' tat! I think it would be cool to have one of my kids names........ somewhere... like around my ankle.

P.S- did you get a chance to see all the pics of the Princess 1/2 from this weekend? Looks sooo cool!!!
Ha! It came on the radio yesterday and I was grinning from ear to ear. and dancing...

I'm excited about the tat, I know it will hurt and have no clue how I will react to that, but I'm excited about finally getting it after thinking about it for so many years!

I have seen some of the shots from the Princess, but not a ton. Is there somewhere that people are posting them?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
We have the same tradition in buying a Christmas ornament in Disney!! I love it! I think this year we went with a Stitch one. Bummer about the one you guys found where they were all damaged though!

I totally saw that dance party that you guys stopped by! Was the DJ doing like, random dances like the sprinkler or other ones? I don't know, we walked past it a few times when we were in DTD and it looked like people were having fun.

Sounds like an awesome day!
Yes! He taught everybody tons of dances...OMG, THRILLER! So much fun, and I thought I knew everything about Disney! It's fun to come upon something you haven't heard of and enjoy it so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Haha...I remember going to my school dance and dancing away to that song. Loved that song.

Glad you are feeling a bit better!

Sounds like you had a great day!! We always get a Christmas ornament too. This time we picked up Alice and Chip & Dale.

Cool...your first Tattoo! . I have four! Love them, I would like to get more but I can't think of a design right now. I would love to see a pic of yours when you are done.
Oh you KNOW I will be posting a picture...or 10! That reminds me, I should be getting my photopass share pics today or tomorrow! WOOT! Can't wait to share those too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Wow, what a marathon day!!! That dance party looks like a lot of fun, what a great idea to make it a part of your trip traditions from now on!
Yep, I'm always amazed at how long our days are, especially the first and second days. We usually lose steam after that, but taking the mid-day pool breaks REALLY gave us the energy to go longer!

Well...I had energy...you'll see from the next update that Savannah maybe didn't!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #161
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Chapter 13: Danced-out-Miss-Crabby-pants?

Ah, the dawning of our 2nd day! Thursday, Feb. 7th! I woke a tiny bit later than usual (5:30?) and did my morning routine of writing up the previous day in my journal and heading down to the food court to get myself coffee. Sidebar here...did you know that Rey calls the Pop food court "the commissary"? I have no idea where this commissary thing came from, but just 2 days ago he was ranting about how he loved AKL but POP had the best commissary ever. I digress...

I was ready for AK! AK is Savannah's next favorite next to MK, so I was excited to get up and hit rope drop. Savannah, however, not so much. I started trying to get her up at 7am and she finally got up at 8 and was VERY grumpy. Seems all that dancing and staying up late repeatedly caught up to her. I did get her up though by repeatedly reminding her what it meant if we didn't get to RD. (nothing like threatening her with less EE rides and long lines to get her moving!) LOL.

She refused to eat or drink anything (uhoh) and schlumped to the bus stop with me. After failing to cheer her up, I did the next best thing...I took pictures and ignored her grumpy-non-disney-attitude, hoping it would just go away.

I did see her crack a grin at the little girl holding this balloon. Savannah is a sucker for cute little kids...I'm a sucker for balloons!

We didn't have to wait long and we were headed to AK! Got there before rope drop and everything!

She was still clearly crabby, so I just busied myself with more pictures while we waited in the line to get in. We used the new RFID scanners, which seemed to confuse people and take a bit longer since they are ironing out the bumps.

Savannah perked up a bit when we got in and started to see animals. It was still a little dark in the shade though and neither of us could get any great shots of the elusive little deer. See his ears peeking out?

Up over the bridge we went, right in time for rope drop.

Naturally I tilt the camera to get rid of the people in the shot...Ah...much better!

Savannah was still dragging and I knew that she would completely melt down if I pushed her, so we went slow and I just enjoyed taking pictures.

I thought that taking pics with her camera might help, but she was getting frustrated with her camera and so it actually did the opposite!

I LOVE the GROUND at AK.

The theming is so perfect and the details even on the ground just make it so perfect. AK has become one of my favorite parks! I used to think it would be like a zoo, and I don't love zoos, but it's so much more. The details, the music...EXPEDITION EVEREST!!!!!! Best.Ride.Ever.

I have an obsession with these lights, as you will see. I just love them and I did get the opportunity to see them just as they lit up later in the TR!

We got to EE and grabbed FP's. We could have walked on, but I could tell that Savannah was not going for that. I was really trying to hold it together b/c she was still in a funk and I felt like we had so little time on this trip...and she was wasting it! BUT, I kept calm and suggested we go get her something to eat. That would make her feel better. On the way I got a few shots of the Tamarinds. It's so amazing how they balance and move up there!

This flower threatened a completely meltdown from Savannah. She was trying to get a shot of it, I took one with my camera, but she was trying to get too close to get the shot and the lens wouldn't focus. I took her camera and was trying to show her and she snapped at me that she was too tired for a lesson in how to work her stupid camera! Okey-dokey...straight to food it is! Let's get this girl something to eat.

What's funny is that I snapped this shot and didn't even read the sign! I would have gotten something different if I had actually read it! I swear, sometimes I'm just blind when taking photos!

I got us both the bounty platter (minus the meat) and she sat outside and waited at a table for me. This would be nice, we could sit and relax, I wasn't sweating all the people headed into the park, I had my FP for my favorites-ever-ride, so I was good! I sat down the food in front of her, she looked at it, and then me and said "I feel sick." WHAT?!?!?!

I could tell she didn't really feel sick, she just needed to eat, so I didn't react other than to tell her she would feel better after eating. I was so caught up in this moment, I didn't even get pics of our food? After I ate some of mine, I started taking a few more pictures, just so she would feel like she had some "mental space" from me watching over her. It really was a lovely morning, threatening with a few clouds, but a breeze and the perfect temps!

That was all it took! I gave her space, she got some french toast sticks and more importantly, SYRUP, in her, and BAM...all was right with the world! No, seriously. By the time she had finished, she had perked up and we were chatting about making sure we hit our next favorite attraction before rain hit! BTW, the food wasn't very good, neither of us really liked the french toast sticks on the platter, they were kind of bland...but whatever! They did the trick!

Happily back on track and ready for the day, we headed to our next destination!

Up next...WOOT! No more poachers!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #162
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Was Rey in the military or something? The only people I know who use that word in everyday life are military men! It might be fun to use the word ďcommissaryĒ instead of ďfood courtĒ just to mess with people I think Iím gonna do that! Moving onÖ Iím going to have to remember to threaten my kids with long lines when we go to WDW. And myself for that matter! None of us are morning people and I am a tiny bit concerned we wonít be motivated to get to RD (which we have NEVER done) if we donít have an ADR that morning. Iím glad you were able to get Savannah up! She sounds like my kids when they are grumpy first thing in the morning and having a low blood sugar moment! Iím glad the breakfast did the trick to perk her up! You took some really beautiful pictures in the meantime, though! I canít wait to hear about the rest of your day!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #163
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Was Rey in the military or something? The only people I know who use that word in everyday life are military men! It might be fun to use the word ďcommissaryĒ instead of ďfood courtĒ just to mess with people I think Iím gonna do that! Moving onÖ Iím going to have to remember to threaten my kids with long lines when we go to WDW. And myself for that matter! None of us are morning people and I am a tiny bit concerned we wonít be motivated to get to RD (which we have NEVER done) if we donít have an ADR that morning. Iím glad you were able to get Savannah up! She sounds like my kids when they are grumpy first thing in the morning and having a low blood sugar moment! Iím glad the breakfast did the trick to perk her up! You took some really beautiful pictures in the meantime, though! I canít wait to hear about the rest of your day!
No, he was never in the military...but, his Dad was, so maybe that's where it came from?!?! He refuses to call it anything else.

I am a die-hard RD person, but my family...they are slow. I think it was easier for us this time to hit RD b/c there were only two of us! In the past we would arrive 5-15 minutes late, although I didn't notice a difference in crowds. As long as you get there pretty close to RD, you are usually golden that first hour!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #164
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah.....that was a definite low blood sugar reaction. You should ask Victoria about that one. I once put her up against a wall because I hadn't eaten and she was annoying me. I didn't even realize it at the time until she said, "low blood sugar, Mom?" Now it's funny, but it wasn't then. You think you are absolutely fine until you get reminded to eat. I get very ugly when my blood sugar is low. Maybe that's why I'm always eating candy & sugar --- I don't want to be ugly!! Yeah, let's go with that! Sorry about that slow start, but I'm sure it's going to get better from here, right???
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #165
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Your pics of AK are the best!!

You sound so good and patient. Good for you, me not so much. Glad the breakfast worked!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: