Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #286
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
We are leaving in nine hours!!!
Looking forward to CBR for the first time!
I'm too excited to sleep!!!!!
I hope you're having a great time!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #287
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Did you book a preferred? Or did you book a standard and requested a preferred location? If you have booked a standard, it's highly unlikely that you will get a preferred location by request.

If you booked a standard, might I suggest requesting either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both of those locations are great and are as close as you can get to OPR and the main pool without paying for preferred.

No matter where you are, you won't have to worry about it being noisy. CBR is one of the more peaceful and relaxed resorts that we have stayed. It's our favorite moderate for that reason.
We actually booked preferred. We learned our lesson at Coronado. It was a loooong walk to fill up our refillable mug in the August heat!

Thanks for the info - I'm looking forward to our first stay there!
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #288
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

In our hotel in NY raining out...May turn to freezing rain, hope not since we fly out at 5am! Hopefully all goes well and can be checked in to CBR midday tomorrow!!! So excited 9 days of DISNEY!!!! First time for my DH!
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #289
taylorali
Earning Our Ears ~ Growing Old Together

Question CRB first time!

So my fiance & I are going to Disney to celebrate our 6 year anniversary this year, and 1 year engagement, plus to start planning our wedding. Based on the fact that we reallyyyyy need to start saving money, we chose a moderate resort. I've been going to Disney World since I was a child so I've stayed in almost every single resort, but this one is new for me!

I am so excited for the pool especially! And even walking the grounds! I just think for a couple it can be so romantic.

Does anyone know if they have breakfast room service? When we called Disney to ask if they did, the woman said yes, but I have no seen any information having to do with this anywhere. (Minus the pizza delivery which I'm sure is no good-I'm a New Yorker. The only pizza I'll eat in Disney World is at Via Napoli in Italy at Epcot!)

The reason I ask is because I have Crohn's Disease-and sometimes-especially after getting medication, I need to just rest and eat something light. If anyone knows it'd be a great help for us.

Thanks!!
Planning Journal
taylorali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #290
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorali View Post

Does anyone know if they have breakfast room service?
No, there is no room service provided at any of the moderates or values. Only at the deluxes.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #291
Sammy
Suffered from acute Tag Envy
We just giggled to ourselves!

Leaving for our first trip to CBR in 8 hours and I can't wait to escape all the yucky weather we've been having in NH!!!!!

1975, 1979, 1990: Offsite
Sept. 2000: Dixie Landings...First-ever family trip with DH and kids!
Awesome trips since then: Dolphin, OKW x5, BCV, POP, ASMu, CBR, Poly for 20th Anniversary, Bonnet Creek, SSR @ Christmas, AKL for DD's Sweet 16!
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #292
taylorali
Earning Our Ears ~ Growing Old Together

Quote:
No, there is no room service provided at any of the moderates or values. Only at the deluxes.

Oh well. I am sure we will figure something out. Thanks though Strange that the woman on the phone would tell us such. Can't wait to go!
Planning Journal
taylorali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #293
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh well. I am sure we will figure something out.
Looks like your fiance will be making a breakfast run to OPR for you.

Quote:
Strange that the woman on the phone would tell us such. Can't wait to go!
Actually, I would find it strange if a phone CM gave you correct information. Always, always come to the DIS first for any questions.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #294
BamaGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorali
The reason I ask is because I have Crohn's Disease-and sometimes-especially after getting medication, I need to just rest and eat something light. If anyone knows it'd be a great help for us.

Thanks!!
I would buy some snacks to have in the room. That way if you need something it is there and you don't have to wait. There is a fridge in the room. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

WDW Commando Member #123

BamaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #295
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I haven't booked yet as I may have to adjust the dates (we won't know until next week which set of dates we can go) but I'm so excited to stay at CBR for the first time very soon! I've only ever stayed at POP on property, but thanks to Lisa (Mickeystoontown) I have fallen in love with this resort without having ever stayed there!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #296
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Sammy - Have a Super Vacation. Keep us posted, looking forward to reading your trip report.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #297
ShellChelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Actually, there is a limited in-room dining service menu at Coronado Springs Resort. It is the only mod that I know of with room service. A sample menu can be found here: http://allears.net/menu/menu_csr.htm

Enjoy your trip!

* Sept/Oct, 2011- ASMu
*November 2009- Poly (great trip!)
* 2007, 2006, 2005, 1996- WDW, off-site
* 2004- Disneyland
ShellChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #298
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

We had planned to do a split stay this spring with 2 nights at CBR/ 6 nights at ASMo and we just changed and extended our stay at CBR...im so pumped! Now I get 4 whole nights at CBR...im so excited this is a first stay for me and the resort just looks so beautiful and relaxing...

Im a little nervous because we booked through RunDisney (at a discounted rate) since were running the Everest Challenge and they only had standard rooms available - no preferred. Im sure the walk wont be that bad... is CBR larger than CSR? I found that walk to be brutal when I stayed there last year...either way I request Jamaica 45 just in case although I did see they were doing some refurb of those buildings when im there..hopefully is just exterior work and the rooms wont be effected.

eeekkkkk! Sooooo Excited!!
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #299
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
We had planned to do a split stay this spring with 2 nights at CBR/ 6 nights at ASMo and we just changed and extended our stay at CBR...im so pumped! Now I get 4 whole nights at CBR...im so excited this is a first stay for me and the resort just looks so beautiful and relaxing...

Im a little nervous because we booked through RunDisney (at a discounted rate) since were running the Everest Challenge and they only had standard rooms available - no preferred. Im sure the walk wont be that bad... is CBR larger than CSR? I found that walk to be brutal when I stayed there last year...either way I request Jamaica 45 just in case although I did see they were doing some refurb of those buildings when im there..hopefully is just exterior work and the rooms wont be effected.

eeekkkkk! Sooooo Excited!!
Whoohoo! That's awesome. CBR is our favorite moderate. I have never stayed at CSR, so don't know how it compares. But I will say that at CBR, unless you are in the Pirate rooms (which if you've booked standard you won't be) you at the most will have a 5-7 minute walk to OPR. If you happen to get Jamaica 45, it will under 5 minutes. If when you check in, you weren't able to get Jamaica 45 ask for Aruba 51 as it is just as close.

Also they are only updating the exterior of Jamaica.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #300
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whoohoo! That's awesome. CBR is our favorite moderate. I have never stayed at CSR, so don't know how it compares. But I will say that at CBR, unless you are in the Pirate rooms (which if you've booked standard you won't be) you at the most will have a 5-7 minute walk to OPR. If you happen to get Jamaica 45, it will under 5 minutes. If when you check in, you weren't able to get Jamaica 45 ask for Aruba 51 as it is just as close.

Also they are only updating the exterior of Jamaica.
Perfect! Thanks for the confirmation on the refurb and the tip on Aruba...I will make note of that for check-in just in case
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: