Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #436
eeyorelvr09
A rough road leads to the stars

Vinylmation for trade

Urban 5
Cuppa Tea
Cuppa Tea- NO CARD
Squiddy x3
Knight x2
Punk Rock x2
Argyle- NO CARD
X-Ray
Popcorn
Blue/Yellow Gears
Red/Black Gears

Animation
Naveen x3
Quasimodo x3
Dodger
Phil
Fairy Godmother
Aladdin

Villains 2
Yzma x3

Toy Story
Rex
Rex Card Only

Robots
Love Bot x2
Security Bot
Audio Sonic Bot- NO CARD

Lion King
Simba
Mufasa
Timon
Pumba
Zazu
Baby Simba
Nala

Miscellaneous
Killer Queen Bee (U6)
Dizturb (U7)
Pepe the Prawn (M2)
Clear Orange
S’Mores (C2) NO CARD
Gift (C2) NO CARD
Turtle (HAL)
How to Swim (HAL)
America Sings (P3) NO CARD

Vinylmations I Want

Urban 7
Penguin
Spaghetti & Meatballs
Alien
Retro Telephone
Zombie School Girl
Dark Side of the Mouse
Pscyho Pink Bunny Chaser

Park 6
MK Epcot Sign
DHS Clapboard
DCL Lifeboat

Any Urban 8

October 2012 *Our Disneymoon* Bahamian Cruise on the Dream & GF DxDP F&WF
October 2010 POFQ DxDP F&WF *We're Engaged!*
August 2010 Paradise Pier DLR Podcast trip w/*NikkiBell*
November 2009 CBR DxDP F&WF
July 2008 DLR Off property
September 2007 POFQ PlusDP *First trip EVER to WDW & w/DBF*

Last edited by eeyorelvr09; 12-05-2011 at 01:03 PM.
eeyorelvr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #437
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

I know its a long shot. My daughter started collecting the muppets first series when they first came out. Her very first one was kermit bless her. She was so thrilled. The only one we did not get was beaker and I am still in search of him. I hv looked on ebay and currently watching one . I dnt care how much he costs I just want to get him so she has the whole set. She has collected the seacreature set and we hv some odd park ones , lionking and a few from the Dream I bought last year. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #438
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

The Disney Store has a code for their 25th Anniversary that saves you 25%. It is HAPPY25.

If you spend more than $75 (after that discount) you can add on the code SHIPTODAY for free shipping.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #439
Sorcerina
Mouseketeer

When I first saw them at DLP in December 2010 I did not like them at all.
When I was back in February 2011 I bought the first ones and now I really love them. Not all series but a lot.
My biggest problem is that DLP is 600km away and there are no Disneyshop at Germany at all and they only have some of the series.
To buy them at the Disneystore is no way as the shipping is extreamly expensive and you have to add tax and toll
So the only way to get some of them is ebay
Guess when I´m at WDW this October one suitcase will be full of Vinylmation
Here you can see my collection.
Greets from Germany

Been to WDW 1999, 2005, 2012 and 2014 and almost 53 times to DLP

My PTR for the upcoming trip
Sorcerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #440
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

http://www.disneystore.com/online-ex...01436/1000828/

I'm new to collecting, but I did just get these today and wanted to share with anyone who was interested. Also, free shipping today!

I also have a question or two- Are there Vinylmations at the Halloween and Christmas parties? Also, are they exclusive? As is, you can only get them at the parties?

I was also disappointed there was no Flower and Garden Vinylmation this year. I have seen some online, so are there not exclusive designs every year?

Thanks, everyone!
MandyTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #441
karenadler
Earning My Ears

looking to trade vinylmations at Disneyland Paris

Going to Disneyland Paris March 13-16. Does anyone know if they still trade pins and do they trade vinylmations?

Anyone interested in trading vinymations?
karenadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #442
Sorcerina
Mouseketeer

Yes they do. Best place might be at the Pueblo Trading Post, but it is only open on weekends.

Been to WDW 1999, 2005, 2012 and 2014 and almost 53 times to DLP

My PTR for the upcoming trip
Sorcerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #443
cjsteiger
Mouseketeer

Would anyone be intrested in trading any of the Star Wars 2 figures for a Princess Leia? My son just started collecting and of course got 2 Princess Leia.

Me DH DD 15 DS 12

cjsteiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #444
tehSAC
Mouseketeer

I bought my first two Vinyl's back in May, I wasnt sure if I would continue to purchase, but after a few months I purchased another. Since then I have been buying a couple a month. I'm afraid I might break the bank if I keep it up. LOL I went into the local Disney Store yesterday and pulled a Pascal, and an Animation 3 Chaser, and bought the last two Series 3 Robots they had.

Still dont have enough to trade yet though, they have all been "hand picked" (buying from ebay) for the most part. The only ones I've purchased blind are both Star Wars Vinyls, Camp Minnie Mickey, Robots, and Muddy Pig.

Here is our small collection.

Last edited by tehSAC; 04-16-2013 at 11:27 AM.
tehSAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #445
rodneysmom04
Earning My Ears

Hello! I want to apologize up front if this is not the right place to post my question, but it's the closest forum I have found on the boards so far. I am not a collector, but I am very much interested in purchasing a 9" white create your own vinylmation to take on our August cruise and get autographs from all of the characters. It appears this particular style has been discontinued. I found one on ebay and the seller is asking $75 plus $16 s/h. Are these really that scarce or can someone point me in a different direction to find a more moderately priced one? I have seen similar styles with the brick texture, but I think this would make autographing it a little challenging. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
rodneysmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #446
megsoro
Mouseketeer

Wow
Old 07-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #447
Forever Red
Earning My Ears

Hello all. I have been buying vinylmation since the Lion King set came out in 2011. At first I was not into them at all. My girlfriend really loves the Lion King and she saw the set and convinced me to buy 2. Since then I have bought sporadically, but just recently I have gotten really into collecting them. It is a fun but expensive hobby. Now because of this new obsession I want to be a part of the community and get to know other collectors and see their collections as well as share my own. I might be interested in trading but I am a little weary on that considering its the internet and you don't really know who you are dealing with, but maybe one day. I do have traders though and I am looking forward to trading at the parks when I go this October.
For now I leave you with these questions. 1. Out of your collection which one would you say is your most prized Vinyl? 2. Which of the sets has been your favorite and least favorite? 3. What sets or singles would you like to see made?
I look forward to seeing your responses. Here are mine. 1. I have to say currently my favorite is the Park Starz 2 Bell Hop Variant. I had a tough time getting my hands on one, but I finally got one. 2. I have to say Beauty & the Beast and the Mickey's Wild West aremy current favorites, and my least favorites are the Vinylation High and the Cutesters sets. 3 I would love an Aladdin set. I know they have made some of the characters as a part of separate sets but I would love one dedicated just to the movie. I think they could do so much with it. Hopefully with the anniversary of the movie one might be made

Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #448
DanieD0909
Mouseketeer

Hi ForeverRed,

Welcome to vinylmation collecting! My hubby and I have been trading for a few years now too and have quite a collection going. Trading at the parks used to be so much better...they used to have a box at each hotel and multiple in each park! Now it is only one or two in each park....but it is still a lot of fun! Our local Disney store has the standard 3 clear box but also has a huge Rubbermaid bin full of additional traders in the back that they let us trade from...we've even gotten chasers from there! We use vinylmation connection for our trading... I would check them out. If you want, once you set up your trade and wish list...pm us on there...our name is: hiddentrader and we can try to trade if you like. I definitely understand about the Internet...luckily we have only been burned 3 times...and that is from sending out at least one vinyl a week for the last three years!
So to answer your questions
1.My favorite vinyl is: v2 shere khan variant...it is such an accurate depiction from the movie. My hubby's favorite is also the park stars 2 tot bellhop variant and the regular one as well! He loves those guys!
2. My favorite series is the holiday series...I have l three complete an I'm really hoping they come out with a series 4! My hubby's favorite series are the park series. He really loves all the "ride" figures...I think park 9 is his most favorite. I also really love collecting the junior vinylmations!

3. Hmmm....this is a hard one! Aladdin is a really great idea...I love all the characters from there. I think I would like a set with the characters from Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Just there regular, classic form. No alterations. I like how the artists are creative but I would love the characters just as they are currently drawn.

Have a great one!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #449
Forever Red
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieD0909 View Post
Hi ForeverRed,

Welcome to vinylmation collecting! My hubby and I have been trading for a few years now too and have quite a collection going. Trading at the parks used to be so much better...they used to have a box at each hotel and multiple in each park! Now it is only one or two in each park....but it is still a lot of fun! Our local Disney store has the standard 3 clear box but also has a huge Rubbermaid bin full of additional traders in the back that they let us trade from...we've even gotten chasers from there! We use vinylmation connection for our trading... I would check them out. If you want, once you set up your trade and wish list...pm us on there...our name is: hiddentrader and we can try to trade if you like. I definitely understand about the Internet...luckily we have only been burned 3 times...and that is from sending out at least one vinyl a week for the last three years!
So to answer your questions
1.My favorite vinyl is: v2 shere khan variant...it is such an accurate depiction from the movie. My hubby's favorite is also the park stars 2 tot bellhop variant and the regular one as well! He loves those guys!
2. My favorite series is the holiday series...I have l three complete an I'm really hoping they come out with a series 4! My hubby's favorite series are the park series. He really loves all the "ride" figures...I think park 9 is his most favorite. I also really love collecting the junior vinylmations!

3. Hmmm....this is a hard one! Aladdin is a really great idea...I love all the characters from there. I think I would like a set with the characters from Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Just there regular, classic form. No alterations. I like how the artists are creative but I would love the characters just as they are currently drawn.

Have a great one!
Thanks for replying. That Shere Khan is a sweet Vinyl. Glad to know I'm not the only one with love for the tot bellhop variant. Believe it or not he is the only park stars vinyl I have. I plan to remedy that since I just ordered 4 last night from the Disney Store website lol. I still prefer to blind box since the mystery is the real draw to me. I'm hoping I get the regular tot bellhop in this order. Did you see they announced Park 13 today and the first Vinyl for it is a new tot bellhop? I'm so excited for that set and can't wait to see what else will be in it.
Your idea for a Mickey Mouse Club House set is fantastic, and I would love to see it come true. I'm a little bummed about how trading in the park has changed but I'm definitely going to make the best of it. The Junior vinyls are cool especially the droids and goofy's candy company sets but I can't get behind the price for them. Who knows though they might come out with a set of Juniors I will need to have and out go my buying standards
Do either of you know of a more active thread or community I can join? I'm trying to be more active online and can use all the help I can get. Thanks again for playing along.

Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #450
DanieD0909
Mouseketeer

Hi again,

I would definitely recommend either vinylmation connection or vinylmation exchange. They are both really good. Vinylmation connection is a standalone website and vinylmation exchange is a Facebook group online. I've had good luck with both.
Best of luck and if you sign up for vinylmation connection - definitely message me on there...our name is: hiddentrader

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: