Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #136
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, Catie was starting to fall apart… it was getting late in the morning and she had a big morning! Cortlyn didn't like the idea of going back to the hotel. So, I looked at Corey and we decided that I would take Cortlyn back to MK for a little bit- see how she did and we'd either come back to the hotel or meet up with Catie and Corey later. Corey packed up Catie and headed back to AoA. While we waited on our check, we had a few more character interactions! I'm telling you- these characters are the best!!

Since we were at the GF and it was Christmas… That meant ONE thing!! Pictures by the GINGERBREAD HOUSE!!!

We headed back to the park and Cortlyn was so excited to have some "mommy and me" time! Gotta say, I was too! It makes me look forward to solo trips with Cortlyn later on- like Jen, Mom2rtk, and Brenda (Emmysmommy). So, we took some photopass pictures!

Remember how we had a meltdown from Cortlyn about not getting to meet Jessie at HS?? Well, we were going to make up for it RIGHT NOW! We headed over towards Splash Mountain to find Woody and Jessie! As we came up on Splash Mountain, Cortlyn saw the drop and said "We GOTTA ride that!" I was really impressed that she wanted to ride it- especially after seeing the drop! So, we grabbed FP's and headed over to meet Jessie! Oh… and Woody!

We had some time to waste for our FP for Splash mountain… So, we decided to play in the little playground under the bridge!

Then it was TIME! I was interested to see how Cortlyn was going to do with Splash Mountain. I really wasn't looking forward to this- I'm not really a "water ride" person. BUT I wanted to encourage her to ride some of the bigger rides.. soooo… you do what they wanna do!!! One quick picture before I put the camera away! (I wrapped it up in a map and stuck it in my shirt and zipped up my jacket to make sure it didn't get wet!)

And it was a SUCCESS!!! Here is my el cheapo shot of our ride picture!

She LOVED the ride!!!! She would have rode it again, but I had other ideas for our time. I decided it was time for us to have a Dole Whip!!!! We walked over toward the stand, and I talked to Cortlyn about our options. I wanted to share a float, but she didn't want to do that. She wanted Vanilla ice cream. What about sharing a swirl? Nope. Finally, I gave up, and we got her a Vanilla dole whip- which is probably just ice cream! and then I got a pineapple Dole Whip. No float…

Wouldn't you know it, she tasted mine and she wanted to share her vanilla with me so I would share my pineapple with her. Sigh! They were really so yummy, and we easily finished them. I am bummed I didn't try the float, but I didn't want pineapple on pineapple and didn't want to get TWO vanilla things. Oh the thought process to pick your snacks!!!!!!!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #137
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, after having a perfect snack, we decided to make our way over to Fantasyland to see about finding Belle. I didn't really talk to Cortlyn about this, BUT if you read my PTR, you will know that when I mentioned to Cortlyn about us having dinner in the Beast's Castle, she got VERY excited and said "Can we see the LIBRARY?!?!" Well, at this time, I had no idea that Enchanted Tales with Belle would actually take place in the Library. When I found out, I knew she would be so excited about it. We made our way over to the the entrance and we talked about meeting Belle and trying to find the Library. I made Cortlyn ask a CM about the Library and he was perfect. He went on about how if we went to Belle's house they may be able to help us find the Library.

Okay, so I love this- show? event? Not sure what to call it… but MAN the wait is soooo long! And it's hot. There isn't much shade until you get right up at the house. So, if you are going in the summer- be prepared!!!!

We made friends with people in line- it was nice to have people to talk with! The girls behind us in line were actually from the same town in GA that we lived in when I had Cortlyn and we knew some mutual friends! ~ It's a small, small world!~ We also ended up talking with an older gentleman that LOVED to talk about his days in the air force and working for Boeing.

Finally, we got inside. I would have LOVED to have some time to really explore this room with a few less people in there with me!!!

I love the details- the books and even these markings on the wall are all in French!

We were then ushered into the room with the magic mirror and I was really bummed Cortlyn wasn't a little closer to the front to see what all was happening… I didn't get any pictures or video of this part. No flash and well… you know my issues with the camera...

Suddenly we were walking through the magic mirror and were greeted by the Wardrobe!!

I was a LITTLE disappointed that Cortlyn was a "filler" as a picture frame, but she was just so excited!

I got a video, but it's not going to upload. Anyway, our Photopass pictures of our storytime!

I LOVE this event. I can't wait until Catie is old enough to participate in this! Cortlyn was just so thrilled to end up in the LIBRARY. I think this was a GREAT addition to NFL, and I'd love to see some other character interactions like this!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #138
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

I am really enjoying your TR. Your family is simply beautiful!!!!!

So glad to hear and see some positive reviews of Park Faire Breakfast. We have that planned on our October trip and I am so excited. I just love Mary Poppins and Alice!

Beverly

Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #139
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
I am really enjoying your TR. Your family is simply beautiful!!!!!

So glad to hear and see some positive reviews of Park Faire Breakfast. We have that planned on our October trip and I am so excited. I just love Mary Poppins and Alice!
I think it's yummy! We enjoyed it!! Glad you are enjoying our report!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #140
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness, I just love this TR! Your girls are so sweet. This has been so much fun to read so far.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #141
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
Oh my goodness, I just love this TR! Your girls are so sweet. This has been so much fun to read so far.
Thank you!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #142
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I got behind on your TR, but am all caught up now

The Merida M&G area looks so fun! Love how they have archery for the kids to do while waiting.

OH, and the girls dresses -- Minnie & Merida...too cute!

1900 PF bkfst looks fun! We have eaten there once for dinner, but might try bkfst there sometime.

Enchanted Tales with Belle looks neat, but we never did see it in Dec. I will get around to it eventually.

I cant wait for mother/daughter trips either. Harper & I had so much fun in our little time together at HS. I am thinking doing a trip like that in the next few years.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #143
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

OH...and yea for Spring Break trip next year!!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #144
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I got behind on your TR, but am all caught up now

The Merida M&G area looks so fun! Love how they have archery for the kids to do while waiting.

OH, and the girls dresses -- Minnie & Merida...too cute!

1900 PF bkfst looks fun! We have eaten there once for dinner, but might try bkfst there sometime.

Enchanted Tales with Belle looks neat, but we never did see it in Dec. I will get around to it eventually.

I cant wait for mother/daughter trips either. Harper & I had so much fun in our little time together at HS. I am thinking doing a trip like that in the next few years.
It's fun to catch glimpses of the future when you are with your kids! We had a blast!

I want to try the dinner at 1900!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
OH...and yea for Spring Break trip next year!!
I know! I just hope I can make it happen!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #145
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Okay people!

My husband JUST said "Why don't we go to Disney for Spring Break?"

Me: Um… That's in two weeks.

DH: Well, why didn't we think about going SB instead of Thanksgiving?

Me: Um… we DID. YOU have to work Baskeball tournaments and weren't sure when we could leave. So we picked TG.

DH: Well… do you KNOW what goes on at Disney during Spring Break?? (while pointing at the TV which is on that little unknown sports network)

Me: (Blank Stare)

DH: NEXT YEAR! We are going to Disney NEXT year on Spring break and I'm going to spend a day at Wide World of Sports and I'm going to Spring Training.

Me: Oh well, if you are going to twist my arm about it….
WooooHoooo! he needs to give my husband some lessons. Well my husband is famous for saying lets go next week. But not for planning a year out!

I love enchanted tales with belle. I was a picture frame too! I forget what Claire was, but it was a filler as well I think. ( I have to go look at my pictures to trigger my memory.)

Mommy/ daughter trips are very nice. We just have a bit more of a free feeling. Dads don't seem to like to browse the shops or do all the girly things.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #146
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Just got caught up!

I will say...girl's trips are the best. In June 2011, just DD and I went (She was 5) and we had the best time!!! At the same time, my SIL and my 3 nieces were also there. We didn't go together...but we did a lot of things together!! We all had a great time!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #147
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
WooooHoooo! he needs to give my husband some lessons. Well my husband is famous for saying lets go next week. But not for planning a year out!

I love enchanted tales with belle. I was a picture frame too! I forget what Claire was, but it was a filler as well I think. ( I have to go look at my pictures to trigger my memory.)

Mommy/ daughter trips are very nice. We just have a bit more of a free feeling. Dads don't seem to like to browse the shops or do all the girly things.
I'm not quite sure how he keeps coming back to Disney, but I'm glad he does!!! He wants to do other vacations, but he also knows that Disney is just so wonderful that he keeps ending up back to the idea! I'm guessing it's harder for Skip to plan, because he never really knows how the farm is going to be, where as with Corey's job we have very specific times we can travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
Just got caught up!

I will say...girl's trips are the best. In June 2011, just DD and I went (She was 5) and we had the best time!!! At the same time, my SIL and my 3 nieces were also there. We didn't go together...but we did a lot of things together!! We all had a great time!
I can't wait to find out!! And you know, that's the way to travel with family/friends. Be there, but not up each other's butts all the time!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #148
francis6306
DIS Veteran

After we finished up with Belle, we decided to head over to check out the Barnstormer! Since Cortlyn had done so well with Splash Mountain, I wanted to jump on the excitement and show her how much fun roller coasters could be! We grabbed FP's though, because the line was fairly long. Figured, we would do some character meets while we waited! So we headed over to the Big Top and got in line for Minnie and Daisy!

As it turned out, JUST as we got up to meet Daisy, she had to go powder her nose! So we waited. I started practicing with my camera- but I have since learned that it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have, because EVERYONE complains about the lighting in here! Good to know!

So I'll just post the PP pictures, because they turned out MUCH better than mine!

I love this little set up, but I do miss Minnie's red dress! I wish the lighting was better, but I like the overall effect. We skipped the other side. We LOVED the shop that you get dumped into after meeting them. Cortlyn and I enjoyed seeing everything in there. We didn't buy anything though. I'm a hardnose about stuff like that. We don't buy a lot of stuff at Disney! I'm spending enough on the trip! We will eat like kings and queens, but we aren't buying much!!!

Time to head over to Barnstormer!!!

She LOVED it!!! She wanted to ride it again, but Corey had called and said that they were on the way back to the park. We had quite a bit of just "us" time, so it was good to have the whole family back together! We decided to head over to check in a little early for our dinner ressie…

We had a bit of time, so we walked around a little… We decided to get FP's for the LM ride for after dinner. It would be cutting it super close depending on how quickly we were served- would we make it or not??? I walked back over to where Corey and the girls were and took a few pictures…

Then I made a FATAL mistake… So, Cortlyn put on her Belle dress:

And I said "Oh, you look so pretty! I wonder if the Beast will think you are the REAL Belle?" This didn't seem like a big deal… but it would come back to haunt me later!

We had to wait longer than I wanted to wait… but finally we were buzzed and were ready to go inside!!

Last edited by francis6306; 03-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #149
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I was soooo excited!!! We were FINALLY HERE!!! BE OUR GUEST!

We were seated in the most PERFECT spot. In the ballroom- right next to the glass window where the snow was falling. We were just amazed and in complete AWE! Terrible Pictures, but here goes!

I had to go to the bathroom, so while I was there… why not take a few pictures?

We had a wonderful server and she was SO honored to be working there, you could just tell. I wish I had gotten her name! Here is what we ordered!

The steak! OMG, this was ahhhmaazing! My husband said that it was one of the best steaks he has ever had.

Cortlyn wanted steak too, but sadly, it wasn't even close to being half as good as Corey's. It was very blah and the texture was off… She ate it and enjoyed it, but the two just do NOT compare at ALL!

I got the Shrimp and Scallops! The server said that THIS was the best dish and she was NOT lying! It was… completely out of this world!!! My only issue, is that it doesn't have a good side dish. It's in a puff pastry… with a puff pastry side- now how much sense does that make?!!!?

When we had licked our plates clean, our server brought over the dessert cart!

Corey got the Chocolate Creme Puff. He said this was delicious!

I got the Strawberry Cupcake… Which I had to split with two small little kids. Not fair!! It was really good, and the cream filling was perfect!

We finished our meal and there was an issue with the computer system and they couldn't process any payments! Didn't matter how you paid- they couldn't get the system to work! Sigh… I just saw our FP time come and go. Anyway, our server finally came over and gave us our checks.

Then, we went to go meet the Beast! Well… I did… remember that comment I made before Dinner?? Yeah. Cortlyn was scared to death that he would think she was really Belle, and didn't want to meet him! Sigh… Well, I wasn't missing this-

I told Corey that we should just go and CHECK if we could use our FP's a little late. Well… Luck was on our side!!! The ride was down! How was that in our favor?? Well, since the ride was down, they told us that ALL the FP's for after a certain time would be honored, and WE had FPs after that time! WOOHOO!!

I forgot to mention the ONE thing we DID purchase!! OMG!

Okay, so while Cortlyn and I were walking around earlier, she saw those parasols that they paint with names and pictures. Cortlyn had really wanted one of those Mickey Head Balloons, but I wouldn't let her, since we had flown in and those things last forEVER. But I noticed on the parasol, you could get the Mickey Head Balloons PAINTED on the side! So, we ordered one of those. Only problem, was that you couldn't use your KTTW card to pay for it. So, they let us order it, but we had to bring our REAL CC to pay for it- weird!! Anyway, after I dinner (and after checking on our FPs) we ran over to pay for the parasol! They said it would still be a while before they were done and we couldn't get it delivered to our room- FOR SERIOUS?!?! Sigh… so one of us was going to have to stick around until I think 10 or 10:30…

We decided to head back to LM to see if it was up and running yet and it WAS! Woohoo!!

I loved this ride! Ariel is one of our favorites! After this… we were just walking around trying to decide who was going to stay in the park until it was time to pick up the parasol. Corey decided he would, since a former student of his was actually at the park this day too. Cortlyn had said she wanted to stay and watch the Fireworks, so it was decided that I would take Catie back and Corey would keep Cortlyn at the park. Seemed like it would be a good idea… So, we started walking up to the front. By the time we got to the front, THIS was what we saw:

SOMEONE had finally given up the fight and had fallen asleep. I decided if she was sleeping in the stroller, just let her stay asleep. I took Catie and headed to the bus. Corey walked around with the sleeping girl and tried to wake her up for Wishes… but it didn't work. She was passed out cold!!! Oh well, we tried! There is always the NEXT trip!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #150
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Love the BOG shots. It's hard to take any pictures there because it is so dark, but so beautiful. Both your meals look great! We had those same desserts too. YUM! Beast wasn't there when we went though. Is that picture added to your photopass then? Or is it only a picture with your camera?

Too funny about Cortlyn falling asleep. I can't beleive it took so long to get the parasol done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: