Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #406
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

We are staying in the Garden Wing. We have a garden view just wondering what the view well be. We walked over there earlier this month but didn't really look around because at that time we had no plans to stay here.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
Old 02-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #407
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
We are staying in the Garden Wing. We have a garden view just wondering what the view well be. We walked over there earlier this month but didn't really look around because at that time we had no plans to stay here.
There are three possible Garden View views:

Bay Lake/Sand
Pool/Marina/Grass
Canal/Grass/Trees

These views can be requested, but not guaranteed. Just call the WDTC to have one added to your reservation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #408
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
There are three possible Garden View views:

Bay Lake/Sand
Pool/Marina/Grass
Canal/Grass/Trees

These views can be requested, but not guaranteed. Just call the WDTC to have one added to your reservation.
Thanks I would love a view of Bay Lake. Guell I'll be calling about two weeks before we go.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #409
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Thanks I would love a view of Bay Lake. Guell I'll be calling about two weeks before we go.
You're welcome. You can add room requests to your reservation anytime, as long as it's at least 5 days prior to arrival, which is around the time the reservation will be dropped into the resort's reservation system and then the room assignor will see it.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #410
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
Babyberger, thanks for the information. If I may ask,how did you discover ds had a wheat allergy? We have been asked to do a food study but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

We cruise as well and we do get a balcony but because the Disney ships have the plexiglas walls I feel safer. We ask the room steward to remove the furniture but when they were babies crawling out on the balcony was great.

Btw Andover looked like a blizzard yesterday but as we drove back to the south shore it was a really wet snow/rain. Can't wait for Florida
I am going to send you a PM, so I dont bore the site

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #411
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post
I have a few questions about how BLT releases rooms. We currently have 2 rooms booked at CR (MK view) for Dec 7-14, but we really wanted a 2bdr BLT MK view. Everything is booked right now, but should I keep looking? Does DVC have a waitlist? We would be a cash reservation, so I realize that would have last pick at the room, but if someone will tell me that there is less than a 10% chance of getting a 2bdr at BLT, then I would just stop looking. Our TA told us that sometimes DVC rooms open up at the 6 month mark... but that didn't sound right to me.

We will be perfectly happy with what we have now, but we kinda wanted to change it up this year. I know we were going at a popular week, I just didn't realize how popular it was
Were you trying to reserve the room thru a point rental or cash? So, I am anything but an expert, but my understanding of the DVC resorts is that a certain % of the rooms at each resort are set aside for cash reservations. So, just like any other resort at WDW, one should be able to book a room for a certain time period if there is availability. Or, one could try to rent DVC points for a stay at BLT. Dec 7-14 is a real popular time with DVCers as it is a lower point period and lower crowd levels at WDW. Thus, if your TA says that is booked, there may not be any currently open thru either the cash or point rental system. There may still be a chance one comes available, but are you willing to take that chance? Someone wiser than be may be able to give more specifics on room offerings and %s. Good luck.

There is a waitlist option available for DVC members using points, but not sure how the cash system would work. I'm not sure about what members/ rental agents would do about waitlisting for a non-member.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 02-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #412
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom
I have a few questions about how BLT releases rooms. We currently have 2 rooms booked at CR (MK view) for Dec 7-14, but we really wanted a 2bdr BLT MK view. Everything is booked right now, but should I keep looking? Does DVC have a waitlist? We would be a cash reservation, so I realize that would have last pick at the room, but if someone will tell me that there is less than a 10% chance of getting a 2bdr at BLT, then I would just stop looking. Our TA told us that sometimes DVC rooms open up at the 6 month mark... but that didn't sound right to me.

We will be perfectly happy with what we have now, but we kinda wanted to change it up this year. I know we were going at a popular week, I just didn't realize how popular it was
From what I understand, cash DVC rooms at BLT are all lake view (though some lake view rooms do have a partial MK view). If rooms are left at 60 days, DVC can sell extra rooms to CRO for cash. However for Dec it is unlikely that anything will be leftover.

If you want that 2 BR you'd need to rent a reservation from an owner. But I just checked availability for your dates and there are no 2 BR MK or LV for the entire stay. You can wait list with a DVC reservation but there is no guarantee that it would come through.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #413
HokieKT
Earning My Ears

BLT request going in tomorrow

Fingers crossed - tomorrow is the 11 month mark! Work your magic Davids Vacation Club.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #414
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Were you trying to reserve the room thru a point rental or cash? So, I am anything but an expert, but my understanding of the DVC resorts is that a certain % of the rooms at each resort are set aside for cash reservations. So, just like any other resort at WDW, one should be able to book a room for a certain time period if there is availability. Or, one could try to rent DVC points for a stay at BLT. Dec 7-14 is a real popular time with DVCers as it is a lower point period and lower crowd levels at WDW. Thus, if your TA says that is booked, there may not be any currently open thru either the cash or point rental system. There may still be a chance one comes available, but are you willing to take that chance? Someone wiser than be may be able to give more specifics on room offerings and %s. Good luck.

There is a waitlist option available for DVC members using points, but not sure how the cash system would work. I'm not sure about what members/ rental agents would do about waitlisting for a non-member.
We would be a cash reservation. We are traveling with my parents and while it would be cheaper to rent points, it would make my mother a nervous wreck that we would get to Disney and not have a room. Her sanity is worth a lot of money in my fathers eyes Thanks for your reply... and we aren't waiting for the room to open up, we already have two rooms booked at CR. So either way, we will have a place to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
From what I understand, cash DVC rooms at BLT are all lake view (though some lake view rooms do have a partial MK view). If rooms are left at 60 days, DVC can sell extra rooms to CRO for cash. However for Dec it is unlikely that anything will be leftover.

If you want that 2 BR you'd need to rent a reservation from an owner. But I just checked availability for your dates and there are no 2 BR MK or LV for the entire stay. You can wait list with a DVC reservation but there is no guarantee that it would come through.
Thanks for your reply! I could be wrong, but 2 bdr MK views showed up for me when I was first doing my search. We just waited 2 days too long to book. I think they are open to cash reservations, at least it looks like they are on the Disney site.

I figure that there is probably a decent DVC waitlist for that week, so I think I will just start getting excited about another great stay at CR
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #415
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT View Post
Fingers crossed - tomorrow is the 11 month mark! Work your magic Davids Vacation Club.
Have you found out yet?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #416
HokieKT
Earning My Ears

No members in the queue with 70 points for January 2014 yet. Poop. Now the waiting commences....
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #417
singastory
Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me!!

Quote:
No members in the queue with 70 points for January 2014 yet. Poop. Now the waiting commences....
I need 57 and my window opens tomorrow... I'm right on your heels!! They took about 2 days to get points for AKL request, I got confirmation of that today. Hopefully points come in for us soon!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #418
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post

I got a two bedroom direct MK view room via cash ressie at the 11 month mark. If I go to look it up now for the first week of Dec, there is only a lake view available but, that is good at this point. There hasn't been a two bedroom showing up until today for the last two or three weeks.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #419
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to wonder about David's. You only needed 70 pts and he couldn't get that for you? We needed 230 pts, had our app and deposit into him about 12 months prior and he wasn't able to secure those either. I wonder if people just aren't wanting to do away with their points?

I understand our situation but, only 70 pts-wow.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #420
WDWKOOK

From AllEars...

FastPass+ is being tested at Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom now through February 28. During this test phase, randomly selected guests at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary resorts will receive a FastPass+ card for a specified arrival window for lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Guests who arrive at the restaurant during their FastPass+ time will be able to take advantage of an expedited order and payment process. This opportunity is available by invitation only and participants must have valid theme park admission.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: