Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
Heather1979
Mouseketeer

I think with an almost 3 year old you'd want a seperate place to sleep/relax/chill out. My kids do not nap or sleep well if you are in the room with them at night, adn my kids even on vacation schedules still are ready to drop by 9pm, and I am not. So it can be nice to be able to sit out on a balcony with some wine or watch tv or whatever and not worry about waking the kids up.

Now I stayed at AKL with my kids (they were 2.5 years old and 15 months old then) and I was insanely jealous of people who could walk to the Magic Kingdom where we were taking a bus everywhere. I loved the hotel, don't get me wrong, but the convenience was enough to try Bay Lake Tower this time. We rented points this time and even at ages 2 & 3 this time... I am really really excited and looking forward to it.

Is there any way to swing a 1br at BLT? If I had to pick between the convenience of BLT or the extra space for your adult down time, I think I'd pick the extra space. But this is before I've stayed at BLT, in about 2 months my answer may change.

Off site 1987, 1998, & 2003, Pop century 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012, Bay Lake Tower 2013
Heather1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: