Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #601
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
For anyone who has actually stayed in Cabanas 9B, just how close is the walk to the dig site pool? When we stayed at CSR back in '09, we were in the Casita's section and while we were a pretty close walk to the main building, it was quite a hike to the main pool so we stuck with using the quiet pool as the heat & humidity that October was incredible. Can't wait and counting down to our next trip.
I've stayed in 9A and 9B. The walk to the pool is not very far at all. AND you're right near the "quiet" pool also. We absolutely loved this location. The bus stop is right out back, the Dig Site pool is close, the quiet pool is close, and it's really not all that far to El Centro. Great choice in my opinion. Enjoy!!!

This is the view from our 9A room, looking out to the quiet pool. The building you see on the far right houses the laundry facilities. Very handy! That's right next to the 9B building.

IMGP7078 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #602
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I've stayed in 9A and 9B. The walk to the pool is not very far at all. AND you're right near the "quiet" pool also. We absolutely loved this location. The bus stop is right out back, the Dig Site pool is close, the quiet pool is close, and it's really not all that far to El Centro. Great choice in my opinion. Enjoy!!!

This is the view from our 9A room, looking out to the quiet pool. The building you see on the far right houses the laundry facilities. Very handy! That's right next to the 9B building.

IMGP7078 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Thank you for this! It's funny how we never even made it over to the Cabanas section to check it out the last time we stayed there so it's nice to hear that it's a great section. We loved everything about CSR and found it to be the closest to a deluxe of all the moderates (our opinion anyways). The only thing I need to do now is put in a request for an upper floor as we have a couple of "light sleepers" in our family...
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #603
Grimlock34a
Mouseketeer

does each building have a self service laundry mat? and if not, where is it located? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #604
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock34a View Post
does each building have a self service laundry mat? and if not, where is it located? Thanks!
There are laundry facilities near the quiet pools in each section - near casita 4, ranchos 7B and cabana 9A.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #605
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

Are the first floor rooms really noisy? We requested a first floor Casitas room for our May trip (We do not like having to use elevators). Also, does anyone know how likely CSR is in granting requests like this?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #606
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl View Post
Are the first floor rooms really noisy? We requested a first floor Casitas room for our May trip (We do not like having to use elevators). Also, does anyone know how likely CSR is in granting requests like this?
We are usually on the first floor in cabanas (not by request - it just usually works out that way). We usually don't hear anyone walking by our room and haven't heard anyone upstairs during any of our trips.

The front desk CMs at CSR are very accommodating if they can be. If your request is not met at check-in, ask if they have a room that meets your requests. If they have one, they will try to put you there. If the resort is booked, they might not be able to meet your request, or you might be given the option to change rooms the next day.

We always request cabanas. Sometimes we are initially assigned a room somewhere else, but we have always been able to move to the cabanas at check-in just by asking.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #607
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

At CSR - Pepper Market - can people individually pay - even if they all sit at the same table ?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #608
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
At CSR - Pepper Market - can people individually pay - even if they all sit at the same table ?
Yes, just tell your server you'd like separate checks. My sister, sister-in-law and I ate there twice this past weekend and did separate checks both times. The first time, the server asked us before totalling our bills and brought them individually. The second time, the server brought us one check, but we told her we wanted separate and she was able to do it without a problem.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #609
skiingwife
DIS Veteran

I'm here at CSR now in Cabanas 9b, executive club room. Breakfast is nice - no hot foods but really nice fruit, cereal, muffins and bagels. In the evening, I had red sangria the first night and white sangria last night. I love the white and will have that again tonight. We've also had beer and wine. The beer is Bud light, Yeungling and Heineken. I don't recall the types of wine. No charge for any of it.

There is one computer. The Internet worked fine each day when we used it.

Bus ride to Epcot on Sunday - we waited at least 20 minutes for the bus and then had to stop at Blizzard Beach to drop off no one and pick up no one. You would think they could figure out a way to only go there when someone needs a ride, especially when BB is closed. Like if the people who are putt putt golfing could tell the CM at winter summer land, and then they call for the bus.

If anyone has questions, let me know.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #610
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwife
I'm here at CSR now in Cabanas 9b, executive club room. Breakfast is nice - no hot foods but really nice fruit, cereal, muffins and bagels. In the evening, I had red sangria the first night and white sangria last night. I love the white and will have that again tonight. We've also had beer and wine. The beer is Bud light, Yeungling and Heineken. I don't recall the types of wine. No charge for any of it.

Thanks for the first hand update...the more I hear about the cabanas 9b (booked for September) the more excited I get!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #611
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwife View Post

Bus ride to Epcot on Sunday - we waited at least 20 minutes for the bus and then had to stop at Blizzard Beach to drop off no one and pick up no one. You would think they could figure out a way to only go there when someone needs a ride, especially when BB is closed. Like if the people who are putt putt golfing could tell the CM at winter summer land, and then they call for the bus.

Great idea on the BB bus!

Glad you are enjoying your stay. Although I had my share of the red sangria, I never tried the white. That's on my list for my August visit!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #612
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So I've been going back and forth between the moderates for our stay in August. DH, DS(6), and DD(2). Started with POR Alligator Bayou section, but then thought the kids would enjoy the pool and beach better at CBR. Now after looking at pics of the rooms and grounds at CSR, I'm thinking a water view room in the Cabanas (8A) preferably would be the best choice. Thoughts?

What buildings do they consider "preferred" when booking? If we booked a water view room, how likely would it be to get a Cabanas room do you think?

Thanks so much!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #613
kellymarch
Earning My Ears

Any conventions Feb.28 - March 8? How would one find out if Coronado (or any other resort) was sold out for any particular upcoming week?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #614
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I've been going back and forth between the moderates for our stay in August. DH, DS(6), and DD(2). Started with POR Alligator Bayou section, but then thought the kids would enjoy the pool and beach better at CBR. Now after looking at pics of the rooms and grounds at CSR, I'm thinking a water view room in the Cabanas (8A) preferably would be the best choice. Thoughts?

What buildings do they consider "preferred" when booking? If we booked a water view room, how likely would it be to get a Cabanas room do you think?

Thanks so much!
Preferred buildings are casitas 1, 2 and 3. Cabanas 9B is business class. All other buildings are non-preferred.

Water view may be a view of the lake, fountains or quiet pools, so water view rooms can be found in all sections of the resort. You can book water view with a request for cabana 8A. That is our favorite building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymarch View Post
Any conventions Feb.28 - March 8? How would one find out if Coronado (or any other resort) was sold out for any particular upcoming week?
The Appliance Service Training Institute has a meeting at CSR from March 6-9. That is the only one I know of during your dates, but it is possible there is a small convention then. Most large conventions show up with a Google search.

You can see which room types are available on the Disney website by trying to book a resort for your dates. If no rooms are available or the only rooms available are suites, it is probably pretty full. Sometimes a convention blocks rooms and releases them if they are not booked, but that should have happened by now for your dates.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #615
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

soda in the BC lounge?

For those of you who have enjoyed the new lounge, did you happen to notice if soda was offered either in bottles or from a fountain? Could you fill your mug there? I like my caffeine cold and fizzy as a diet coke in the morning and only switch to Sprite Zero or Diet Sierra Mist in the evenings.

TIA

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: