Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #31
StillWorldlyWise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Sure. I'd also think that at 10:30 the CM had an assignment that couldn't be done at 7:30.
... or perhaps they had to leave early to visit their poor sick mother. How far are you willing to go down this Jouney to Imagination to justify any possible Dis action? I agree that calling the front desk would have been more effective. However, I don't see how asking the CM to stop was wrong. The CM should then notify their manager that the task they were assigned was disturbing guests. Perhaps that would lead to scheduling changes in future.
StillWorldlyWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #32
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

Biggest resort pet peeve for me is seeing guests in the food court barefoot- EWW!! I may be the only one who thinks this is gross, but why on earth would anyone walk into a restaurant (that IS what it is,right?) in their barefeet? Its so skeevy

litlpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #33
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWorldlyWise View Post
... or perhaps they had to leave early to visit their poor sick mother. How far are you willing to go down this Jouney to Imagination to justify any possible Dis action? I agree that calling the front desk would have been more effective. However, I don't see how asking the CM to stop was wrong. The CM should then notify their manager that the task they were assigned was disturbing guests. Perhaps that would lead to scheduling changes in future.
DIS action? Or Walt Disney World Cast Member action? A call to the "front desk" would have actually gone to a Call Center where the CMs see the source of the call and answer as if they're at your resort. By the time the message got back to the resort, then the Supervisor, then the leaf-blowing CM - at the very least she'd have moved on to another area if not be finished.

Journey into Imagination? I qualified my statement with "I'd think". The grounds crew having other jobs to do later in the day is more reasonable than moving up all one's assignments to leave early to visit an ill parent. I do know those CMs start early. They're out washing down the walkways of the Value and Moderate resorts really early - about 6:30 or 7:00.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #34
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
I think 7:30am is a little early to be making that kind of noise near the guest rooms. As a result of many noisey experiences in hotels all over the place I always bring ear plugs.

My personal pet peeve while at WDW is people that allow their kids to make excessive amounts of noise outside of the rooms. We have had the 'pleasure' of listening to screaming children running outside of our room at very late and very early hours. We have had room neighbours that allowed the kids to jump on beds, bounce toys against the walls and my all time favourite was the time the parents started screaming at the kids at 6am in the room beside us and slamming the dresser drawers. LOL...that particular time my DH got up to use the washroom and as he was passing the door that connected the two rooms he tripped and banged full on into the door. The neighbours shut up instantly. What truely made it funny was that he did not intentionally hit the door but they must have thought he did.
I understand people wanting to let their hair down because it vacation, but our family's rules for consideration and politeness do not get relaxed just because we're wearing playclothes. If anything, I remind my children to be more on their best behavior because it helps everyone have a good time.

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandj View Post
Stayed in a Royal Room near the pool. A person was leaf blowing at 7:30 in the morning waking my whole family up. She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!
I'm sure that the guests in the rooms around you really appreciated the yelling. If I'd been your next door neighbour you most likely would have been hearing a "New York echo". (apologies to Robin Williams)
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
It's interesting that we found the noise in the interior hallways to be worse.
Totally agree!!!!!

We have experienced MUCH more noise coming from the interior hallways in Deluxes then we have ever experienced with noise coming from outside at a Moderate.

The interior hallways have kids AND adults talking loud, shouting, bouncing off the walls, slamming doors, running, playing catch, etc etc.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #37
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I'm sure that the guests in the rooms around you really appreciated the yelling. If I'd been your next door neighbour you most likely would have been hearing a "New York echo". (apologies to Robin Williams)
That was my first thought. I'd be more annoyed with the person in the next room yelling than I would with an employee using a leaf blower.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #38
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
That was my first thought. I'd be more annoyed with the person in the next room yelling than I would with an employee using a leaf blower.
How about the person in the next room using a leaf blower?

I'm having visions of Bill Murray cleaning up his place with a leaf blower in Caddyshack.

Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #39
rainbowsandroses
Earning My Ears

That is rude. Way too early. They could have used a rake.

I am surprised they even use leaf blowers on Disney property around guests as they are VERY noisy and have the definite risk of projecting debris. I was hit in the face hard with a stone through my open car window by a city crew using one and I was 30 feet away from the blower. Another few inches and it would have hit my eye.

I probably would not have done anything at the moment, but would have complained to the front desk later that day. If they don't get complaints, they aren't going to change.
rainbowsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #40
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
My resort pet peeve happens at resorts/hotels/motels everywhere.

People need to have a cell phone conversation but don't want to disturb the people in their room.

So what do they do? They pace up and down the hallway shouting into their phone so they disturb everyone in nearby rooms.

I have on numerous occasions stepped into the hallway and said something to folks like this.
Or they could have piss poor cellphone reception in the room,like I did at AoA. I had to step outside the room to make a phone call. I don't shout into the phone though.

That was my pet peeve about the resort,lol. Other than that, I like it just fine.

The leaf blowing wouldn't have bothered me, I sleep like a rock at WDW and background sounds tend not to bother me anyway.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #41
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsandroses View Post
That is rude. Way too early. They could have used a rake.
And they could hire 20 more CMs for each resort to do the raking that 1 CM could accomplish using a leaf blower. And then they would jack up the room rates even more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: