Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Things to do in WDW alone (under 21, unfortunately!)

Hey all! Coming to WDW next week with my family, but I'm 18 and so will want to spend my evenings/nights doing my own thing, cause my 3 year old niece and 56 year old mum have very different ideas of fun disney quest looks pretty cool, I'm a big gamer. Also love to swim, so I'm hoping the Saratoga resort pool doesn't close early? Can't drink in the USA, I don't drive either which is a sort of bummer. So, what do you people enjoy doing solo? I'm in WDW for three weeks and my family go to bed really early, we pretty much have an ADR each day for dinner (on the dining plan) so after they go back to our villa, I'll be on my own, and of course I'll be spending days on my own too.

So far I figured I'll take advantage of evening EMH and ride RnR, the mountains etc.
Probably will hang out in downtown disney a bit, love to shop and I'm a true disney girl so can't wait to go into that big disney store!
I'll probably spend a couple of days at Typhoon Lagoon- gutted that BB isn't open!
What other things would be fun? I also plan on spending a couple of days just taking in the magic, you know? I've heard that there's so many wonderful small details at disney that busy families can overlook, and I will definitely be keeping an eye out for a talking trash can?! Also plan on going to the world showcase in Epcot a few evenings, that sounds wonderful, I adore travelling so ill find it interesting walking through and sampling food from each country.
Fireworks and parades also a big deal for me, looking forward to that.
And I'll definitely be character hunting in the day, hehe.

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, fishing, RPDE, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: not 21 so I'll leave this in for when you get there: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, AKL/AKV
offsite: Take a taxi-since you do not have a car-Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

the slides close when the lifeguard leaves.

the pools remain open. - just don't start a fight or scream - if you disturb the rooms/villas around you - you will be asked (told) to leave the pool.

SSR has a community hall - go get an activities list before you decide what you will do.

It also has a nice arcade (it was closed - see when it will open)

all the Disney hotels have arcades - easy to get too and pretty good - CR, Polyn, BWV.

there is archery and horseback riding at FW - you can take the bus directly from dd to FW.

you can walk over to DD from SSR.

oh if you don't understand the abbreviation - cr, fw, bwv, fw
here a list
http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

when are you going - going late June/July - last time looked both water parks were opened?

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

there are a lot of (IMHO) fun, non-alcoholic activities in WDW:
all parks: browse the stores (all of them including attraction drop-offs - some items available only there, the little and big)

MK:
-decent, uncrowded arcade behind space mountain (has pinball and skeeball machines - our favorites)
-dole whip
-looooove the christmas shop
-get a hidden micky and/or WDW "secrets" book (what/who are those names in the windows of main street? how tall are the buildings, really? lots of fun stuff)
-really look at the detail in the castle
-keep your camera out: get great, spontaneous photos just walking around (also from people mover)
EPCOT:
-go there hungry, and try a few stands (love the non-alcoholic slushies in china)
-try to get a FP for soarin' early - so you can come back to use it later
-the shops in world showcase are some of my favorite on property. the best of the best (IMHO) are relatively inexpensive also: morrocco (scarves, jewelry), mexico (fun silver jewelry, with great prices), china (just soooo much to see/buy). japan is too commercial on many items for my tastes, but it is fun to watch pick-a-pearl, and find hidden treasures.
- talk to the CMs about their homelands. most are thrilled to talk about them (tho many have brought tears to my eyes when discussing their homesickness)
- check times for the shows in WS, and watch as many as you can (great fun!)

DHS:
- you'll need to get a FP early to ride TSM later, but sooooo worth it. note that where regular and FP lines meet, they ask how many in party. if only 1 or 2, you most likely will be told to go to the right staircase, bypassing the rest of line.
- get involved in the many street shows
- you can take a "friendship" from/to BW/EPCOT/DHS. they are also walkable (from BW about 5 minutes to EPCOT's back entrance aka "international gateway" which enters between England and the WS bridge. it's about 20m to DHS - a nice stroll)
AK:
- find Devine, the amazing tree woman. she is fantastic!
- do the walk-through attractions while waiting on FPs
- try to kali river rapids early as "you will get wet!" (i keep a sham-wow in my bag - great for drying off quickly)

DTD:
- browse, browse, and more browsing. some great places to get a snack

try to visit a few resorts (AKL - loooove their gift shop, watch the animals, BW - nighttime street performers, carny games, GF - piano player, just gorgeous resort, etc).

one of our favorite things to do is just sit on a bench, people watch, and soak it all in
also re cameras: make sure you bring a charger, extra batteries, and memory.

have a great time!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: