Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Love the hats you two picked out. I probably would have gone with the R2D2 as well. Port Orleans is on our to-try resort list.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #17
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

more please ...
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
more please ...
i second this!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #19
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Love the hats you two picked out. I probably would have gone with the R2D2 as well. Port Orleans is on our to-try resort list.
Thanks Adam loved his hat haha, we got quite a few people around disney asking him where he got if from as well You should definitely try port orleans, it's lovely x

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairytaleBelle View Post
i second this!
Aww it's so lovely people are reading along, thanks guys I'm gonna post some more tonight x

Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #21
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Our first full day at Disney part 1 - Magic kingdom!

So our first full day started bright and early. I was up at 6:30am to get ready to go to Magic kingdom There was extra magic hours that morning so the park opened at 8am and i really wanted to be there for rope drop as I had never got to a park early enough for one before So we got ready and headed straight for the bus and got to Magic kingdom just before 8 and we managed to see the firework go off that opens the park. Whilst we didn't fully see the rope drop I was still happy that we were there for part of it

When we got in the park a nice lady offered to take a picture of us
We then went for breakfast at main street bakery, We decided to share a snack of a Apple turnover and apple juice and we had an early lunch reservation that day. We then had a look around the shops and bought some presents for people back home

We heard music coming from main street USA so we walked out of the and realised some of morning festivities were still happening, I was pleased

We then went for our first look at the new fantasy land, I was excited!

The beast's castle is beautiful

When then had a sneaky look inside Be our guest but unfortunately we wasn't eating there that day

Then it was onto the little mermaid section and the ride, Uder the sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid. We only waited for 10 minutes to go on it as it was still early

Next we checked out the new Storybook circus area where we went into the Big top souvenirs shop. They have two pin 'boards' here which are pin cushions that look like trays of popcorn. It was really nice to see something other than a standard pin book or board

After this we backtracked past the castle on the way to the pin shop.

I love the castle

Before we reached the shop we came a cross a caricature artist and Adam decided he wanted to get one done of the two of us. It was quite pricey but as we were on holiday i agreed as it would be one of his main souvenirs of the trip (or so i thought)
So we sat whilst the man drew us both, we were there over an hour but i definitely have to say it was worth it.
This was the finished caricature, we asked for an engagement theme and this is what he came up with:

We love it, after we got home my Dad scanned it and had it copied onto a canvas so even if it fades or gets dirty (which it has already) we'll always have a copy of it to keep forever

After this we ran straight out of Magic kingdom and rushed to Epcot as we were running late for our first ADR of the trip, Coral reef!

Coming soon...Our first day in disney part 2 - Epcot

Last edited by laurenvic1312959; 05-20-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #22
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

The caricature was such a nice idea, I like that they could theme it for you - and very good idea on your dads part!

It's cool I feel I'm reliving my dec trip somewhat through your report! I'm never early enough for the rope drop its something I definitely should do! (Our jet lag days so crazy wake up time tend to be universal days as we do universal first)

Cute ears, I got the standard mini ones...next trip we get to wear the bridal ones yay :D

Anyway, looking forward to reading more x
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #23
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Yeah my Dad got it us as a surprise as well which was nice. Eeek, I can't wait to wear the bride ears Adam is gonna wear the groom ears too. Thanks, I'm having a good time writing it x

Old 03-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #24
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Sorry about the lack of attention paid to this the past few days
I started back at my old job and have just been offered an interview for a new job too
I plan to post an update tomorrow and finish off the first day before my job interivew on tuesday, wish me luck everyone x

Old 03-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #25
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

Ahh good luck with the interview :D !!

Im Looking forward to reading more yay x
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

So I had my job interview and I reckon it went well, got to wait a couple of days though to see if i've got it or not. It's only for a small part time job but that money could be the difference between 2014 being a disney free year for us or not
I already have my heart set on a visit to DLP next summer so fingers crossed

Anyways where were we?

Our first day in Disney part 2 - Epcot

So after our morning in Magic kingdom we rushed over to Epcot for our first ADR of the trip, 11am at Coral Reef. I really really wanted to eat there on my last disney trip but we just didn't have time so I was definitely a must do this time around. Before this meal I had never actually been inside the restaurant but i'm so glad I have now, It is amazing. We didn't get to sit next to the tank but our view was still good.

This was our first table service meal using the Disney Dining plan and we really enjoyed it. IMO the Dining plan if definitely worth the money
To start I had the Coral Reef Lobster Orecchiette Pasta. I have always preffered creamy pasta sauces to tomato sauces but this pasta sauce was really creamy, all in all though it was still enjoyable.

Adam had the Seared Chicken Breast as orginially he wasn't a fan of fish, I have since converted him though tbh I was jealous of his choice. There will always be next time though!

For desert I had the Coral Reef's main desert 'The chocolate wave' with Raspberry gelato. It was as yummy as it looks. It came complete with an congratulations banner for our engagement

Adam chose the Orange Cheesecake. He ate it all but i'm not sure he really enjoyed it, I think he was jealous of my choice. Oh well, you win some and you loose some i guess

After our meal we went for a walk aroung the world showcase. The main part of our walk around was a kind cast member presenting us with an engagement certificate in the American section and then we looked at the shop in Japan and Adam then watched the drummers whilst I spoke to my Dad on Facetime I was bad I didn't take anypictures of the world showcase, sorry!

So we were set to leave Epcot at about 3pm but before we left we went into a gift shop on the end of the world showcase where Adam decided he wanted to buy his first vinylmation (cue the rest of his many souvenirs this trip ).
So we decided to buy one from the pixar set as we both love all the films. We did this with the intention to trade the vinylmation we got as we were already into the habbit of looking around the shops for pin trading so we thought why not start vinylmation trading too! Although the friendly cast member behind the till asked us which one we were looking for and Adam said he liked the look of Chuckles the clown from Toy story 3.
So we bought one and I documented Adam's first ever vinylmation opening. These have to be my favourite pictures of him ever, the expressions on his face are so cute.

It was Chuckles!!! So after all that anticipation Adam actually got the one he was after so of course we had to buy another one to trade with. This turned out to be Flick from A bug's life which we then traded on our way out of the park. We headed back to the resort to rest a bit before deciding what to do that evening

Coming soon...Our first day in disney part 3 - The Art Of Animation Resort

Last edited by laurenvic1312959; 05-20-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #27
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Great Start - can't wait to read more (especially about your friends wedding - it's lovely hearing it from a guest perspective rather than bride/groom!).

My and my fiance always judge who 'wins' on menu choices when were out at restaurants too! It's always fun until you get major food envy!!

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #28
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your engagement and yeah for a Disney wedding. Thanks for sharing your report. Sounds like you are off to a great start and score on the vinylmation.

We have not eaten at the Coral Reef in several years. So many restaurants and so few meals. It is always so hard to choose.

Looking forward to reading more.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #29
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
Great Start - can't wait to read more (especially about your friends wedding - it's lovely hearing it from a guest perspective rather than bride/groom!).

My and my fiance always judge who 'wins' on menu choices when were out at restaurants too! It's always fun until you get major food envy!!
Thanks for reading
Yeah haha, there was some food I chose on the trip that afterwards I wish I chose something else but tbh all the food was really nice, I guess it was just me being picky haha. I have a whole list of resaurants I can't wait to try when we do back there

Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #30
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Congratulations on your engagement and yeah for a Disney wedding. Thanks for sharing your report. Sounds like you are off to a great start and score on the vinylmation.

We have not eaten at the Coral Reef in several years. So many restaurants and so few meals. It is always so hard to choose.

Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you and thanks for reading too
We got so addicted to vinylmations on the trip, we just love them
I have some restaurants I really want to try but as you said there's just so many of them and so little time. I'm determined to try all of them eventually!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: