Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #61
OzRalphs
Earning My Ears

Hi guys,

While I'm all over Facebook, this thread business is fairly new to me, so I apologise for the double posts lol.
My family and I had our first every cruise last year out of Florida on the dream and fell in love with Disney, so we will be doing another long haul flight from Perth Australia to experience the luxury again, this time to get a better feel as the four days just weren't long enough!
my family consist of me - Tanya,
Hubby - Andrew
Ds - Alex (13 by then)
And Dd - Elysse (11 by then)
Looking forward to sharing the exciting lead up with you.
OzRalphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #62
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

Welcome to our thread! I visited Australia and New Zealand for the first this past December and had a blast!
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #63
SailingSeas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is it just me, or does this cruise have the best itinerary that disney has ever offered?
I keep staring at that itinerary and dreaming. I'm all planning on getting white flowy sundresses and a giant flower for my hair and getting greek sandals as soon as I step off the ship. I'll eat feta and fresh bread and dolmathes and drink wine and dance in the streets and buy little trinkets from shops.

It's overshadowing my Eastern cruise in April so bad. I think I've lost total touch with reality.
SailingSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #64
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

After a sad weekend of saying final farewells to a dear friend and spending time with our dear friend who must now learn to live without the light of her life, it is a welcome thing to daydream about this cruise. Just like when we were planning our 2011 10 night Med cruise, my plan is to do SOMETHING for this cruise every day between now and when we fly to Venice. My packing list is already starting to take shape, especially since I have a jumpstart from our 10-night and the lessons we learned then.

I have added everyone to the facebook page who has requested it. I think we are up to 9 members in the Group. Looking forward to seeing more people post there. When I have time, I'll try to post some pix from our time in Barcelona. We loved it there!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #65
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingSeas View Post
I keep staring at that itinerary and dreaming. I'm all planning on getting white flowy sundresses and a giant flower for my hair and getting greek sandals as soon as I step off the ship. I'll eat feta and fresh bread and dolmathes and drink wine and dance in the streets and buy little trinkets from shops.

It's overshadowing my Eastern cruise in April so bad. I think I've lost total touch with reality.
Not a bad way to lose touch with reality.
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #66
keenercam

Today's project was to read some TripAdvisor reviews on restaurants and hotels in Venice for pre-cruise.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #67
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

Been looking at Marriott's in the area. We have points for them too. What I have found so far is all point rooms hold 2 people only. We are 3 so we would need two rooms! But if we pay for the room it can hold 3! Wonder if they are different rooms????
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #68
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

does anyone know what hotels Disney is using in Venice?
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #69
SailingSeas
Mouseketeer

Tammy, thanks for the support!

Denise, most hotels over Europe sleep 2, maybe 3, so yes, for families, you will most likely need 2 rooms. Most also do not connect. The hotels Disney contracts with has priority on the connecting/adjoining rooms for families, if that helps.

For 2014, the hotels for Venice who have partnered with Disney are pending. A waitlist request can be added from 1 to 3 nights right now. The hotels have yet to be announced.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #70
OzRalphs
Earning My Ears

We aren't telling many people about our travel plans yet so I feel I'm sitting on a wonderful secret! I did dream about it the other night though
OzRalphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #71
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi!
Time to say hello again.
We just got back from our trip to the US and cruise to the Bahamas, where we booked this cruise.
Tom and I live here in Austria and for once will not have to deal with long distance flights.
We travel in Europe on a regular basis and when we were last on a weekend trip to Venice I saw a cruise ship in port and mentioned that I'd LOVE to see a Disney ship there. And voila we are even booked on one.

Glad to get to know everyone. I have a strong feeling this is going to be a great cruise for everyone.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #72
keenercam

Does anyone know how the Disney hotels compare, price-wise, to booking the same hotel on your own? We booked on our own for Barcelona before our 2011 cruise and got really reasonable rates, but since it wasn't the same hotel that any other DCL cruisers were staying at, I don't know how it compared. It seems that if DCL is getting a block of rooms, the rates should be less than if I booked it myself, right?

Also, does anyone know if the DCL rate would apply for however many nights you might want to stay pre-cruise? Is there any advantage to booking with DCL for post-cruise hotel nights in Barcelona?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #73
keenercam

Hi, Karin!!! Glad you wished for a Disney ship in Venice! It worked! I still can't believe that we are going to 3 of our dream/bucket list destinations on this cruise. Howard and I are looking forward to it so much!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #74
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
Hi, Karin!!! Glad you wished for a Disney ship in Venice! It worked! I still can't believe that we are going to 3 of our dream/bucket list destinations on this cruise. Howard and I are looking forward to it so much!
We are definitely in awe with the itinerary. It is so picture perfect for us.

Hm, your mention of the hotels Disney offers made me think. Maybe I should consider those too. We are going to Venice mid May again and i will have a good look at some of the hotels on my list.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #75
SailingSeas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Does anyone know how the Disney hotels compare, price-wise, to booking the same hotel on your own? We booked on our own for Barcelona before our 2011 cruise and got really reasonable rates, but since it wasn't the same hotel that any other DCL cruisers were staying at, I don't know how it compared. It seems that if DCL is getting a block of rooms, the rates should be less than if I booked it myself, right?

Also, does anyone know if the DCL rate would apply for however many nights you might want to stay pre-cruise? Is there any advantage to booking with DCL for post-cruise hotel nights in Barcelona?
Keener; generally they are pretty comparable to what you can get on your own, and come with the assurance that the DCL guests get priority on the "better cared for" rooms. If you need multiple rooms due to family size, the pricing tends to be better than booking direct.

For Venice, I think you can book up to 2 or 3 nights prestay, and 1 or 2 nights post stay. I know for Barcelona, with the Diagonal, i've seen the pricing less expensive with the Disney block, than direct, for two rooms. Once that block sells out, though, Disney renegotiates a new contract and the hotel can set a new rate on the new rooms.

You can also add on the additional nights, and still keep shopping. As long as you remove them by final payment, you're fine.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: