Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #586
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori

I definitely put a dent in their sangria supply!!
I can't find a definitive answer on this: is there an extra charge for the sangria (or beer)? I just upgraded to business class for my trip in September and planned on having a nice cocktail each evening. The cm I spoke to when upgrading didn't mention it nor was it listed on the disney website. Allears said there was a charge. Just curious.... its not going to change my reso but would be a bonus!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #587
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfie928 View Post
I can't find a definitive answer on this: is there an extra charge for the sangria (or beer)? I just upgraded to business class for my trip in September and planned on having a nice cocktail each evening. The cm I spoke to when upgrading didn't mention it nor was it listed on the disney website. Allears said there was a charge. Just curious.... its not going to change my reso but would be a bonus!
No extra charge for anything in the Lounge (snacks or beverages!) Enjoy!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #588
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Pictures from earlier this month.

From the picture is looks like the dresser has 6 drawers.
Is that true?

Does anyone know the size of each drawer ?
Maybe they are 8" high, 18" width and 16" deep ?
Anyone have any estimates ?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #589
stormer
DIS Veteran

Yes there were six drawers. They are pretty deep but not too wide.
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #590
kfelaco
Earning My Ears

2 standard rooms or the junior suite?

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board and I'm looking to book CSR for the first week in December, and we have 3 adults and 3 children in our party. Which route should we go: 2 regular rooms or a junior suite? I hear the suite is more than double the cost the 2 rooms. Are there club level or concierge privileges that come with the suite? I'm not sure if my math is right, but I think I can even get 2 waterview rooms for less than the junior suite. So has anyone done this and will I be able to get connecting rooms? TIA!

Krista
Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #591
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfelaco View Post
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board and I'm looking to book CSR for the first week in December, and we have 3 adults and 3 children in our party. Which route should we go: 2 regular rooms or a junior suite? I hear the suite is more than double the cost the 2 rooms. Are there club level or concierge privileges that come with the suite? I'm not sure if my math is right, but I think I can even get 2 waterview rooms for less than the junior suite. So has anyone done this and will I be able to get connecting rooms? TIA!

Krista

The junior suite is more than twice the cost of two standard rooms. If you do not require connecting rooms (which Disney will try to grant but will not guarantee), I would book two rooms. Two rooms will give you four queen beds. The junior suite will give you two queen beds and a pullout.

Business class is a separate booking category for rooms in cabana 9B - they have access to the club lounge. The lounge is open for breakfast from 7-10 and for evening snacks from 5- 10 pm. Most of the suites are in the casitas and will not receive lounge access. There is at least one junior suite in 9B, but I haven't seen it available to book as a business class suite, so I'm not sure if the suite(s) in 9B will have lounge access or not.

You might check the numbers for two business class rooms for your dates. They are all in cabana 9B, so even if they are not connecting, they would be in the same building. And you would get lounge access for both rooms.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #592
Cheert789
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the length of drive between Hollywood studios and Coronado springs?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #593
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

For anyone who has actually stayed in Cabanas 9B, just how close is the walk to the dig site pool? When we stayed at CSR back in '09, we were in the Casita's section and while we were a pretty close walk to the main building, it was quite a hike to the main pool so we stuck with using the quiet pool as the heat & humidity that October was incredible. Can't wait and counting down to our next trip.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #594
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Help with room request

I am hoping someone can help me with my room request. Last year we stayed in Casitas overlooking the quiet pool. We are returning in July and would like to be in the same location (I have booked preferred). Problem is I can not remember what building we were in. I think it was Casitas 3. We had a corner room on the 3rd floor overlooking the quiet pool. I remember it was in a building that a lot of others do not like because there is no elevator. We didn't mind so I am hoping that we can get our request.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember our room number. Does this location sound familiar to anyone? Is it Casitas 3? Also, is there a map of CSR posted anywhere? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #595
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Help with room request

I am hoping someone can help me with my room request. Last year we stayed in Casitas overlooking the quiet pool. We are returning in July and would like to be in the same location (I have booked preferred). Problem is I can not remember what building we were in. I think it was Casitas 3. We had a corner room on the 3rd floor overlooking the quiet pool. I remember it was in a building that a lot of others do not like because there is no elevator. We didn't mind so I am hoping that we can get our request.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember our room number. Does this location sound familiar to anyone? Is it Casitas 3? Also, is there a map of CSR posted anywhere? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #596
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Heres a map for you

http://yourfirstvisit.net/wp-content...gs-Resort1.jpg

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #597
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheert789 View Post
Does anyone know the length of drive between Hollywood studios and Coronado springs?
About six minutes from the front of the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
For anyone who has actually stayed in Cabanas 9B, just how close is the walk to the dig site pool? When we stayed at CSR back in '09, we were in the Casita's section and while we were a pretty close walk to the main building, it was quite a hike to the main pool so we stuck with using the quiet pool as the heat & humidity that October was incredible. Can't wait and counting down to our next trip.
About 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmminghe View Post

The quiet pool is near casita 4, but you can probably see it from some of the casita 3 rooms. Casita 2 is the building without its own elevator, but there is elevator access to all the rooms.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #598
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Just came home from Coronado Springs if anyone has questions. We were there for the Princess Half Marathon.
Liked the resort and our room (Ranchitos 6110) was nice. Clean room, great mouse keeping and super fun waterside. Bus service was not the best but the resort was very crowded.
My only complaint is about the food court. I don't have anything good to say about it. The service was extremely slow, the food was terrible, and because we were a party of six we were charged an 18% tip on our bill. Our server brought us drinks one time. We ate two meals there and then drove over to the All Star Sports for the rest of our meals.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #599
kfelaco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post

The junior suite is more than twice the cost of two standard rooms. If you do not require connecting rooms (which Disney will try to grant but will not guarantee), I would book two rooms. Two rooms will give you four queen beds. The junior suite will give you two queen beds and a pullout.

Business class is a separate booking category for rooms in cabana 9B - they have access to the club lounge. The lounge is open for breakfast from 7-10 and for evening snacks from 5- 10 pm. Most of the suites are in the casitas and will not receive lounge access. There is at least one junior suite in 9B, but I haven't seen it available to book as a business class suite, so I'm not sure if the suite(s) in 9B will have lounge access or not.

You might check the numbers for two business class rooms for your dates. They are all in cabana 9B, so even if they are not connecting, they would be in the same building. And you would get lounge access for both rooms.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

So funny thing, I asked my TA yesterday to give me room-only quotes for 3 scenarios at CSR: junior suite, 2 standard rooms, 2 water view rooms. In her reply this morning, she didn't even give me any actual numbers, but all she says is that 2 water view rooms are more than the junior suite. Didn't even give me comparison for the standard rooms. And she said she based it on the quote "from the same package that you were originally quoted". Um.....that's not what I asked her for in yesterday's email; my original quote request was over a month ago for a junior suite at AoA with MYW plus Base Dining! I think my TA doesn't have a clue.....

Krista
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #600
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We're also just back from CSR after the Princess Half Marathon. I'd reserved a waterview room (all I could get with the military discount when I booked last October), and requested Cabanas 1st floor. We got both my requests, and it was a corner room, too, with nice views from both windows. We were in Cabanas 8A, room 8140, and it was a wonderful location. We could see across the lake from the front window and out to a little garden area from the side window. We were very close to the Dig Site, just down the walkway, and close to the parking lot and Bus Stop #4.

Like tink2007, we found the resort to be pretty crowded, but I expected that since CSR was hosting the Race Expo. We didn't go to any parks and used our own vehicle to visit several different resorts on Saturday. The only time we used a Disney bus was to go to the race Sunday morning. The line was quite long that morning and they tell you in the race materials that the buses only run 3AM to 4AM. We got to the bus-stop at 3:45 and there were about 60 people in front of us. Several buses drove right by, full, but there was a RunDisney rep at the front of the line calling for backup and when we finally got to the front of the line, she told us that even though they *say* the buses only run till 4:00, they really run till about 5:00 - they just don't want everyone to wait till the last minute. We thought Disney did a pretty good job of getting 23,000 runners there.

We ate a late breakfast at Pepper Market Saturday, and the food was fine. I don't remember if we got or needed any refills, but our server did check on us. We also wound up eating dinner there that night and the food was not amazing, but good. My sister-in-law had a quesadilla and my sister and I had build-your-own burritos. We did have to wait to get refills and checks from our server, but in watching her, it seemed like she had quite a number of tables and we felt like she was doing the best she could. One change I don't like is that you have to wait for the server to bring your bill and run your card/bring your change. I liked it better when you took your card to the cashier and paid right there. In our server's hurry, she actually gave me back the total of my bill ($16) and only kept my change as her payment ($4). I called her back over and explained what she'd done and she was very grateful for catching her error.

I totally fell back in love with CSR on this trip - the nighttime views, the comfy beds and nice atmosphere. I am planning to be back there to celebrate my next birthday and I think CSR will be my choice!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: