DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
intertile
Mouseketeer

BLT for Thanksgiving

I am planning a trip for Thanksgiving 2013 at BLT. By the time I buy resale and close I'll probably be at 7-8 months from travel date...anyone have any experience with BLT this time of year? am I likely to get a 2-bedroom villa Lake or theme park view?

Thanks in advance.
intertile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

My best guess is that you will be able to get a lake view, but not theme park view. You'll need to book before the 7 month window opens. Once the 7 month window opens, that week will book up very quickly.

Hope your resale journey goes quickly!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

FWIW, there are currently no 2BR showing available at BLT for the Tues/Wed/Th/Fr of Thanksgiving week.

Granted, things change all the time but I would have a back-up plan for now. You can always waitlist later once you are in the system.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
intertile
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
FWIW, there are currently no 2BR showing available at BLT for the Tues/Wed/Th/Fr of Thanksgiving week.

Granted, things change all the time but I would have a back-up plan for now. You can always waitlist later once you are in the system.
Thanks, appreciate the heads up. The more time goes by, the more I am hesitant about buying at BLT...I'm beginning to fall in love with BWV and BCV. Actually now thinking about holding off on my add-on until after Thanksgiving. I may book at BCV, and tour BLT and BWV on one of our days there. I was so nostalgic about the Contemporary that I was ready to just purchase, and now am rethinking the need/importance of a monorail hotel. UGH, impulse buying is so much easier than thinking it through, lol.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
ONealFamily
Mouseketeer

"BLT for Thanksgiving?" I'm going to stick with turkey and mashed potatoes myself!

Have a great day!
ONealFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
MagicalMeg
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any idea on the likelihood that a Thanksgiving week wait list will come through? We're looking at a studio, view doesn't matter . Right now Tuesday -Friday are not available. Should I book & wait list those or just consider a different time?

(We own at BLT & DS will be 18 months so I LOVE being able to walk home at night). Also, trying to wait as long as we can to save $$ for the trip, I get paid weekly, so every week means a little more spending money! But there's so little time between thanksgiving & Christmas this year ..,
MagicalMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
intertile
Mouseketeer

I did Thanksgiving weekend in 2011. We booked SSR and waitlisted BLT for a 1 bedroom. Never became available. Wednesday and Thursday were the 2 days with no availability. That Sunday was MVMCP and I believe that Friday was the candlelight event at Epcot.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by intertile View Post
The more time goes by, the more I am hesitant about buying at BLT...I'm beginning to fall in love with BWV and BCV.
You'll hear it here all the time... buy where you want to stay (especially if you are going resale).

If you are unsure about your choice I think waiting until you can visit both again is a good idea. I know there are arguments to act in order to avoid price increases but I think its more important to look at the big picture & make sure you will be happy with your choice for many years to come.

Ask yourself, "if the rules change & I were only able to stay at XYZ Resort for the next 30-40-50 years, would I still be happy?"

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
intertile
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
Ask yourself, "if the rules change & I were only able to stay at XYZ Resort for the next 30-40-50 years, would I still be happy?"
I know. The more I think of it, I think I will wait for my trip and make a point of visiting all three resorts again.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by intertile View Post
I know. The more I think of it, I think I will wait for my trip and make a point of visiting all three resorts again.
BLT is a nice resort, we own there and at BCV, BWV, VWL, and AKV. For us going to WDW is getting away from from the daily grind, an escape if you would.

BLT is more like staying a any hotel anywhere with it's theming, not our favorite.

I suggest that you take your time and don't rush to buy BLT as we did. Do some split stays over the next few years and try the resorts out for yourself. The prices will only get cheaper as time goes on.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
intertile
Mouseketeer

Sounds like good advice ...I got the addonitis, and just wanted to buy. No real rush I guess.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

I think if you get your points before 7 months, you'll have more than a 50/50 chance. That said, your most likely scenario is to get some, but not all dates.... So you may stay at BLT for 3 or 4 nights, and stay elsewhere for the rest of the trip if that interests you
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: