Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #136
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Thanks for the camera advice! I've never even bothered to play around with lenses, but I probably should!

How can you not know GONZO? When I have a child I am going make them memorize all the Muppets as soon as they can talk bc that will never happen in my family. LOL.

OH HOW I LONG TO BE ABLE TO WALK TO EPCOT FROM MY RESORT. One day I want to stay at an Epcot resort, literally get right out of bed, walk out the door, walk to Epcot and get School Bread or some other delicious thing, and then just walk back and lay there and eat it. Because WHY NOT.

Your car is pretty ghetto fabulous with the green and the sparkles. If only you had purple rims. I personally don't understand the refurb either, though I'll have to wait til we ride in May to make my final decision!

" I stopped to take this photo and Matt told me he couldn't deal with standing there because the guy was so bad at rapping it was too awkward to even hear." LOL.

Your face on the 2nd Test Track ride is F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. The people sitting to the left and back are just riding like normal people and they have truly missed an opportunity to be fabulous.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #137
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I keep trying to read your update but I keep getting interrupted. By work of all things. You would think they would leave me be!!! Maybe at lunchtime I can finish and come back and for real comment!

Ok, ok. I am back now for real. I don't even know where to start with my comments.

The beach club looks so glorious in the morning! And those pics across the lake towards BW! I can't wait to stay there in September... it's still kind of hard to believe, especially considering we weren't even going to go again until late 2014!!

I love an empty World Showcase! So peaceful, so inviting... so opposite of what it it like during F&W

Test Track refurb wasn't completed when I was there in November, bummer, but it looks like I'm not missing much? And that car you designed? Fabulous. You really should consider a career change!

Love the pins you traded for! I especially love the ghost Mickey!

Holy wow! That is one completely EPIC ride photo. With Bruce and Amy perfectly timed, Matt just along for the ride, and your amazingly beyond amazing face. I can't even, Dani. I bow to your ride photo!
Hahaha, WORK, isn't it the worst?! Though I love days when I have a little more time to catch up on everyone's TRs, ya know?

Oh hey, glad you're back, hahaha.

It IS glorious in the morning, even when it's crappy weather outside. It's going to be amazing to stay over in the area in September! You are going to love it, but be warned, you will feel spoiled and then never want to stay anywhere else!

Yes, it's perfect first thing in the morning. So pleasant and quiet. I can't even imagine the crowds during F&W though!

I mean, Test Track is still Test Track. If you like the original, you will enjoy yourself. But it's more like, I just don't GET the refurb or why it was necessary. That's what's confusing to me. But it's still totally fun to go on! And thanks, I think I have a serious future in car design!

Thanks! Pin trading is way too much fun, I found some really great ones!

Hahaha, I would totally agree. What's funny is that ride photo pales in comparison to some of the other ones. There is one that made all of us laugh so hard we were crying. It's just out of control. I clearly have no shame when it comes to ride photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
I know I'm just repeating your chapter title, but seriously, how do you not know who Gonzo is??? This is America for crying out loud!

Hahahaha, I don't know! I mean, I just don't. I was so thrown off by it and the girl next to her was like uuummmm... that one. It was awkward.

Your coffee cake looks delicious as does Matt's sandwich. Holy moly those potatoes look good! I am a sucker for breakfast potatoes/hashbrowns. I carried my mug with me all day in November because we would end up at a resort after dark and I'd get hot cocoa. I'm still trying to figure out a way to secretly fill it up with Smart Watermelon at Club Cool.

I love the coffee cake, it was so good! And yes, the potatoes were DELICIOUS! I'm also a sucker for that stuff!! We're so similar, haha. We carried ours a lot in 2012 but then this trip we just were lazy and didn't feel like lugging them.. We didn't get hot chocolate as much this time. wah. Hahaha, you would probably have to go hide in one of the corner areas to steal that soda. That would be awesome.

"Cause I've got a golden ticket, I've got a golden chance to make my way,
And with a golden ticket, it's a golden dayyyyy"

YUP. Exactly.

I love World Showcase trashcans. I'm the crazy survey marker and trash can obsessed lady.

Haha I'm glad you appreciated it. I thought it might need an explanation for those who don't get it, but should have known you'd obviously not need one!

EPCOT in the morning & Future World music

It was the best way to start the morning. So quiet with just lovely music. Perfect.

I hope Bruce & Amy print and frame that photo! So cute! Aww and yours too!

I know! I was like, whoa, I actually took a really good photo. They usually end up using my photos on Christmas cards, hahaha. I love it! And thanks.

OMG I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF TT 2.0.
Dangit, I have to wait. NO I DON'T! You sneakster. I miss the old queue a lot. Your car is hot stuff, very nice. So glad you're on the same page as me concerning the car building and the general refurb... Seems unnecessary and dumb. TT was just as popular before as it is now.

Yeah, it just seemed unnecessary! I would have been fine continuing to ride the old one! Now this new one seems to make lines actually worse because of having to wait to create your car. It's just silly. At least you have the option to skip it.

I laugh every time I see SE get a line. It kills me that people hop in line immediately for it in the morning when they could wait til afternoon or evening and walk right on!

I know! It's always early mornings when it's worst. But hi, 25 minutes, that just needs to not happen!

That TT photo is killer. So much awesome, haha.

Hahaha thaaanks. We're just too cool for school.

Excellent Epcot morning.

It was a darn good start to our day, I must say! And the day only gets better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, if I didn't now who Gonzo was, I'd probably ask a fellow CM what pin I was wearing! When Howard was in MK by himself on a night that I was sick during our Christmas trip, he traded for a Han Solo pin. That CM didn't know who he was either!

OMG, that Test Track ride photo was great!
Hahaha, that's very true! I mean, I'm glad she did so I didn't get some random pin I didn't want... but still, I was just so surprised by it for some reason!

Man, HAN SOLO?! Where have these people been all of their lives?!

Haha thanks, as you can tell we all have no shame in Disney World. NONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyDizzy View Post
I don't like where that comment about PP+ is going, no ma'am, not at all! I do love the flowers in January at WDW. My first trip was in January as well and coming from Chicago, flowers in January was just as exciting as, well not as exciting as being at WDW, but you get what I mean. Then again, I was enthralled with the palm trees as we were landing so I am easily amused. Love the TR so far.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hahahaha, I'm glad you could tell that was probably noooot good foreshadowing!

I agree, the flowers are so beautiful! They just do such a fantastic job with them. But I totally get what you mean, since Seattle is all grey and sad in January!

I'm with you, palm trees and all, I'm screaming in excitement over everything once we land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Awesome update!!!!

Dani, please don't kick me off your thread, but that Test Track photo is hilarious...but the first thing I thought when I saw yours is that you really needed to potty!! lol

Sure sounds like an excellent morning in Epcot!
Thank you! HAHAHAHAH when I read this comment about TT I DIED because it totally looks like I have to run for the bathroom! That makes it even better!

We had a great start to our day, and that was ooooonly the beginning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchsGurl View Post
Sorry I'm late, Dani, but I'm here now!!!! (I've been a bit addicted to Twitter, haha. I'm @__contemporary, just in case your wondering) so I haven't been able to read your TR.

I'm all caught up, and YAY! It's great so far, I'm loving it!~

I LOVE the pins you got - especially the Ghost Mickey one - how adorable! Sounds like you had a successful morning at Epcot - and LOL at your ride photo! TOO funny!
OMG, so glad you're here, Dayna! I had no idea this was you on the DIS!! YAY!

Trust me, I get the twitter thing, I've been keeping up with a lot of DIS people on there, too!

I thought I scored a few adorable pins, too! We had such a fun morning, and obviously a little too much fun on Test Track that second time, hahaha. Glad you're here and caught up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl2790 View Post
I'm really enjoying your update! It sure looks like you all are having a great time
Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it! We were having a blast and it was only the morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
All caught up- what a bummer about the Oreo bon bons I loved all of your pics at the Yacht Club though- we stayed there a few years ago and now I miss it!!

Looks like you were all having a great morning in Epcot- that PP pic is priceless!
Yay, glad you're caught up! The Oreo Bon Bons was a sad, sad thing. Wompwomp. I love the Yacht Club, it's so pretty!

We were having such a good time, and yeaaaahhh, that photo, hahaha. We have a few others that are just absurd.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #138
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
ahaha I love thyat you're not too cool to be silly ,that's the best!!! I'm really liking your tr and usually they aren't this fun so early in so good on ya!
Hahaha I'm glad you think that. We are most definitely never too cool for that kind of stuff, we think it's hilarious and basically we have no shame. What I love is how MATT has no shame, because he's pretty introverted, so when he does awesome things like that in public, it cracks me up even more!

I'm so happy you're enjoying my TR and it's been fun so far! We try to just have an absurdly fun time in Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
You don't see your car because it doesn't sync up properly. I wasn't crazy about the refurb (which I think I ranted about on Twitter...)

I really feel like they should have waited another month to open to make it right.
Yeah, I thought so! Just seemed weird. I thought of what you'd said on twitter when you first went on it! It's not a bad ride, but I just don't understand the need to refurb it.

Another month probably wouldn't have been a bad thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I have no idea where I've been. No excuses.
Buuuuuut, I am all caught up now!
Lovin' the Beach Club, and I wish I could smell it! Everything at Disney has a distinct smell, right? We were in the Target bathroom the other day, and Brynn yelled out, "IT SMELLS LIKE DISNEY WORLD IN HERE!" People love us in public. But the kid was right--it smelled like when the bathrooms at WDW first get cleaned and it is wonderful. I should know. I'm a WDW restroom expert.
I personally don't care what changes have been made to Test Track; I just want to ride it since it was closed last year! I don't care to make my own car. I just want to go fast and make silly ride photo faces.
CANNOT WAIT to see some new Stacey scenes! I am dying from anticipation!
I want those Toms. Seriously.

Sorry I was tardy to the party, but I'm here now, being your biggest fan!
YAY YOU MADE IT OVER!! I'm definitely a happy lady!

I think everything in Disney DOES have a distinct smell. Basically, all Disney smells make me happy. I love that Brynn yelled that out, hahaha. That kid knows her stuff! And even better, since you are a Disney restroom expert, you could confirm it. Amazing.

Yeah, it's still a blast, I just didn't think it was a necessary refurb. I mean, my biggest issue I think was just the clog you experience in line while waiting to make your car. I think if they did it like Haunted Mansion did, where you have the OPTION to either go through and make a car or just skip it would be a lot better.

Then again, I did enjoy making that ugly car, so there's that. And yes, silly ride photos. They're sometimes one of the best parts of a ride!

New Stacey scenes were nice, buuuut I was kind of sad about the change in music for certain things. I'm also weird, though. The TOMs were adorable. I am tempted to make my own pair but also don't want to screw something up.

It's okay you were late, this party has only just begun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora1972 View Post
I feel terible.... I don't think I know who Gonzo's is A muppet?

RE: bad rapper. I get really uncomfortable in that situation as well. I feel horrible for them! I actually catch myself blushing...

You guys looks like you are having so much fun! I wish DH and I had gone on a fun trip with friends pre kids. It's something we missed out on.
Haha, oooh nooo! I'm sorry if I made you feel bad! I guess I made a big assumption that everyone knows the Muppets well! This would be Gonzo:

OMG, it was so awkward but the fact that Matt just bolted cracked me up. He couldn't stand near for more than a few seconds! It was bad.

We were having a total blast! Maybe one day you two can do a fun trip in the future though without the kids! Disney is a fabulous place for adults of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
WHAT? Wow, thank God that CM doesn't work at Muppet Vision. That's like... almost inhumane. I thought that everyone at least KNEW who the Muppets were.

Hahaha the trashcan photos. I have to say, I do enjoy photographing the Disney trashcans, but I've never once posed with one before. This must change.

I seriously just went back to the last page to look at the picture to see Matt and Bruce getting FPs! Hahaha. I didn't even look at the people before! Too funny.

Your car is lovely... I don't know what you're talking about when you say it's 'ugly.'

Great picture BAHAH. Those poor single riders that rode with yall...
Hahaha I know, right? Maybe I'm just crazy but I feel like if you work for Disney you should know your darn Muppets!

Yeah, it was definitely a stranger thing to do but whatever, I had no shame! I was posing it up with that pretty trash can.

Hahah I didn't know it either until I was just looking at the photo for some reason, way longer than normal, and noticed them in the little corner.

I guess that's true, it IS sparkly!

Hahaha I think they thought we were weirdos probably, but we didn't care, clearly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Your Test Track Ride photo ......OMG ..... so funny.
Hahaha thanks, we're total goobers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Thanks for the camera advice! I've never even bothered to play around with lenses, but I probably should!

No problemo! Let me know if you ever have any questions and I'll help out as best as I can!

How can you not know GONZO? When I have a child I am going make them memorize all the Muppets as soon as they can talk bc that will never happen in my family. LOL.

I just don't know, it was a very awkward moment and I didn't know what to do with myself, hahaha. Our children will know the Muppets VERY well, it's just necessary knowledge, haha.

OH HOW I LONG TO BE ABLE TO WALK TO EPCOT FROM MY RESORT. One day I want to stay at an Epcot resort, literally get right out of bed, walk out the door, walk to Epcot and get School Bread or some other delicious thing, and then just walk back and lay there and eat it. Because WHY NOT.

It is the BEEEEEST. Any of the Epcot resorts are pretty much perfect. True story, we did something pretty similar to what you just mentioned later on in our trip, hahahaha. Not the bed part, but yeah. It was awesome!

Your car is pretty ghetto fabulous with the green and the sparkles. If only you had purple rims. I personally don't understand the refurb either, though I'll have to wait til we ride in May to make my final decision!

Hahaha I wish we could have made purple rims! It would have made me happy. And yeah, the refurb isn't AWFUL, I just don't understand it. It's still a total blast to ride though!

" I stopped to take this photo and Matt told me he couldn't deal with standing there because the guy was so bad at rapping it was too awkward to even hear." LOL.

Hahah we just don't deal with awkward very well. Matt just turned to me, said "I can't, I just can't" and walked away, leaving me to suffer from the awkward white man rapping.

Your face on the 2nd Test Track ride is F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. The people sitting to the left and back are just riding like normal people and they have truly missed an opportunity to be fabulous.

Hahaha, my thoughts EXACTLY! They were just missing out, those normal people. In the meantime, we were just being our bad fierce selves.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #139
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I can understand (sort of) how a non-Disney person may have forgotten who Gonzo is, but a CAST MEMBER? WHAT? Maybe Disney needs to start adding an "Identify this Character" portion during their interview process.

I love when you're able to get pictures around the Fountain of Nations without anyone else around. It's probably one of my favorite areas in WDW.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #140
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I have no idea if I have responded to this update, I do know I've read it twice in my flu-induced-delirium. The TT pic gave me a laugh, which is something I haven't done much of in the last 4 days being sick! I'm reading! Sometimes twice!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #141
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Your Test Track photo - especially Bruce & Amy - is epic. LOVE IT!

Not knowing who Gonzo is makes my 8 year old self very sad. Maybe she was born and raised in the wilderness without electricity until last week?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #142
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
[CENTER]

If you haven't figured it out yet, Matt and I have a hard time with awkwardness/when people embarrass themselves.
OMG, I can not handle this either! It makes me so uncomfortable, I have to get away and fast! I'm embarrassed for them!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #143
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Okay, I feel sad for a Disney CM who does not know who Gonzo is...

Random trash can photo = success!

Ugh, new Test Track...I haven't ridden it yet, but I am not excited about it at all. I don't get why they had to change it so much, and it doesn't even sound like the new version is all that exciting?

Awkward people make me feel embarrassed for them too! I think I probably would have bolted like Matt did. Even on TV when someone is totally embarrassing themselves, I have to change the channel!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #144
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I can understand (sort of) how a non-Disney person may have forgotten who Gonzo is, but a CAST MEMBER? WHAT? Maybe Disney needs to start adding an "Identify this Character" portion during their interview process.

I love when you're able to get pictures around the Fountain of Nations without anyone else around. It's probably one of my favorite areas in WDW.
Exactly! That was my thinking.. Like, you work for Disney! And it's not some obscure character, it's Gonzo! Haha. Perhaps they should add that to their interview process! Yeesh.

I totally agree, I was kind of surprised there wasn't anyone around, considering we'd been there for a bit before I started taking photos. It's a gorgeous area, and with the perfect Future World music piping it, ugh... I just wish I could be there RIGHT now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I have no idea if I have responded to this update, I do know I've read it twice in my flu-induced-delirium. The TT pic gave me a laugh, which is something I haven't done much of in the last 4 days being sick! I'm reading! Sometimes twice!
Hahaha ohhh Karen, I'm so sorry you're so sick!! That doesn't sound like fun at all... The good news is, I don't think you responded yet so at least you're not THAT delirious! But I'm glad you've read it twice now. I hope you feel better soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Your Test Track photo - especially Bruce & Amy - is epic. LOVE IT!

Not knowing who Gonzo is makes my 8 year old self very sad. Maybe she was born and raised in the wilderness without electricity until last week?
Hahaha thanks, I thought it was pretty awesome. I am dying to show some of our future ones, because they are hysterical.

Yeah, I was sad for her! She didn't seem like your typical super happy CM most times I saw her, so who knows. At least the CM next to her knew who I was talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allyandaveri View Post
OMG, I can not handle this either! It makes me so uncomfortable, I have to get away and fast! I'm embarrassed for them!
Hahaha THANK YOU! I'm glad we're not just weirdos! It was so awkward and we were both embarrassed for the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Okay, I feel sad for a Disney CM who does not know who Gonzo is...

Random trash can photo = success!

Ugh, new Test Track...I haven't ridden it yet, but I am not excited about it at all. I don't get why they had to change it so much, and it doesn't even sound like the new version is all that exciting?

Awkward people make me feel embarrassed for them too! I think I probably would have bolted like Matt did. Even on TV when someone is totally embarrassing themselves, I have to change the channel!
Yeah, I felt a bit sad for her, too.

Okay, new TT isn't BAD it's just... an unnecessary change. And I don't like how the car-creation room causes a back up in the line. But if you liked the original, I think you'll still enjoy this one. Just don't expect to have your mind blown by a "new" ride, because it's not.

Hahaha, it was soooo awkward. And I'm the same way with people on TV! Michael Scott on The Office would sometimes make me have to get up and walk out of the room, or even worse, David Brent on the British Office. OMG he was the worst. I just can't handle it!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #145
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter Seven: "Happy Anniversary!!" "...thanks?"
Day 2: January 18th, 2013

After we finished with Test Track, we started to head over towards World Showcase!

Of course, our first stop was Mexico!

We did a quick walkthrough, mainly because we knew we'd back many times to explore even more, but it did allow me to get a few decent photos of the pavilion. It's one of my absolute favorites in World Showcase, as I just think it's absolutely beautiful!

We left Mexico and beelined it for Norway. Amy was really excited to check Norway out because of her heritage. We checked out the Stave church first.

Even the details on the top part of the entry way are impressive.

So when we stepped in, I immediately thought of Karen (Twoboysnmygirl) and her previous TR where she'd SWORN they were playing Lord of the Rings music in the Stave church. I actually stopped and listened to the music and they were playing the main theme from Lord of the Rings, hahaha. It amuses me that they play it in there, just seems kind of random.

We knew our next stop had to be Maelstrom, because Bruce and Amy HAD to experience the best World Showcase attraction there is!

Gosh I love this mural.

I pointed it out last year in my January 2012 TR, but I still just don't get why this boy is SO happy about gutting the fish! Even better, while reading Sally's (AussieSalad) TR, she brought it up as well, and it was in that moment (in addition to her hilarious sense of humor) that I figured we'd be pretty solid buds in real life. Bonding over the creepy devil fish gutter child.

Anyway, Maelstrom was a delight. And I just adore this troll and his peeking ways... even if he's very upset with us.

We exited the ride and bolted right on out the door, very similar to how we did last year. Unfortunately nothing will ever beat Matt's "Norway? More like NO WAY!" run out the door scenario from last trip, so we all just made a beeline for it. I'm not sure if Amy wanted to actually stop for the movie, and it's quite possible she did, but I didn't feel too bad since we'd be back anyway.

We walked around the shop for awhile, since Amy really wanted to look around. Of course, obligatory photos with Senor Troll were necessary. I love this little guy!

I made Amy try on some Viking gear. She took this very seriously.

I noticed these little trolls. They're kind of creepy. I wonder if people actually buy them... (Please, if you have, let me know.)

We finished looking around, then... THEN... we went to a very important place.

Because CLEARLY there was School Bread to be had!

School bread is something we learned about through the DIS prior to last year's trip. We gave it a shot and it was love. LOVE, for both of us.

So obviously Matt and I snagged some School Bread for later!

The sun finally was popping out and it was getting warm out, so we started to head back towards England and Canada, with the idea of possibly stopping to see the Limited Time Magic, which was a Winter Wonderland in Canada.

Unfortunately, the line was SUPER long to wait to meet the characters. I knew no one really wanted to wait, and I honestly didn't either because it was our first day in the parks! Considering I was the only one in the group who was even considering meeting characters, we decided to continue on, but I had to snap a photo of the gang being cute.

Oh and hey, if those are your kids in the photo, there's a nice photo for you to add to your bunch.

Matt and Bruce volunteered to bring all of our sweatshirts and food back to the room real quick, since we were definitely not needing them anymore. Amy and I decided to hang out and wait for them, and strolled over to France.

We walked around for a bit, then found a place to sit down while we waited for the boys to come back.

Well, wouldn't you know... A HOVEROUND TOUR CRUISED BY!

Hahaha, if you have no idea what I'm talking about... Last trip, a Segway tour went by us and I exclaimed to Matt, "Look, HOVEROUNDS!"

Ummm, nope. Not even close.

I have no idea why I thought they were Hoverounds in that moment, but we still laugh at it. Because then I always think about the Hoveround commercials and little granny yelling into the Grand Canyon about her love for her Hoveround.

Anyway, I got a text from Matt that they were heading back in, so Amy and I made our way back towards England to meet up with Bruce and Matt.

As they walked up to us, they were both smiling. I asked what happened, and they told us that apparently when they walked into the International Gateway, a CM congratulated both of them on a Happy Anniversary! Well, considering they were both together and were wearing Anniversary pins, it made total sense!

What I loved was that both Matt and Bruce just quickly said thanks and didn't even bother letting the CM know that they were not married. Basically, it made me love my husband and Bruce even more because they just didn't care. And also Disney for just being so darn cool and awesome.

We laughed about it though and then headed back through England because we were all starting to get hungry.

Next, we continue the tradition with a classic choice for lunch and finish playing around in Epcot... then start on a new adventure in another park! I'll give you one guess where we're headed...

Continued in next post

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-27-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #146
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I AGREE, the Mexico pavilion is beautiful.

Um, I actually have about four of those trolls. BAAAA just kidding, they are terrifying.

HAHAHA awww, what a cute couple Matt and Bruce are.

You were starting to get hungry... I have to wonder if that means you were gonna try to go to an ADR early or go to a CS place. Hmm... OKAY MY GUESS IS VIA NAPOLI.

-Marissa
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #147
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Ahhhhh, further proof that we would be good friends in real life... I love beyond love the Mexico pavilion! Like insanely love. I was so bummed on my last trip during F&W because it becomes so crowded and you can't even walk around and really enjoy all the joy that is the Mexico pavilion.

Ah Norway. Every time I read about it, I think back to your "Norway, more like No-way" report. I haven't been on that ride since I was 15 and really, it was not that great. But I was 15, so I clearly couldn't appreciate all it had to offer! Side note: do you remember those troll dolls that were really popular in the late 80's/early 90's? I probably had about 20 of them. (have I mentioned how super cool i was, yet?) But if they had looked like the ones sold in the Norway pavilion, I'm thinking they wouldn't have been as popular! Also, that little kid's face is super creepy and not on his body right, I think?

I know I made a huge deal about it on twitter, but I still love the fact that the CM wished Matt and Bruce a happy anniversary and they just rolled with it! Love it!

Mmm, Epcot food. Man, I'm hungry now!

And I think you are headed to... Hollywood Studios?

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #148
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Love the Mexico pavilion! I think it's the most beautiful one!

Yay school bread!! I'd love to have some right now!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #149
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I had school bread for the first time on our trip and OH MY GOSH it was such a glorious moment. Why I put it off for so long, I have no idea.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #150
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

The Maelstrom mural is even more funny if Norway is the last country you need to do to finish drinking around the World

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: