Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #271
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC View Post
Hey everyone! My name is Kevin. I am graduating this year from the University of Virginia, and this will be my first CP! I had my phone interview on the 19th and found out today (technically yesterday) that I got accepted for main entrance operations!!!

If anyone has previous experience in this role, I would love to hear about it!

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting!!
Congrats! It's so good to see acceptances going out so quickly after interviews (I've been pended since Feb 16th). I moved to So Cal from Virginia a few months ago and love it here! You are going to WDW, correct? Hope you have an awesome time

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #272
KevC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
So I had my interview about a little over 5 hours ago and I think it went pretty well. Interviewer was very nice and it lasted a little over 20 minutes. I just feel like because I was nervous I talked a bit too fast, hopefully that doesn't ruin my chances of getting in though : /.
Don't worry too much about it. I was really nervous and stumbled over my words at times during my interview, but I was still accepted. I also got a question that I had no idea how to answer, and could not think of a good answer either.

Good Luck!
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #273
KevC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Congrats! It's so good to see acceptances going out so quickly after interviews (I've been pended since Feb 16th). I moved to So Cal from Virginia a few months ago and love it here! You are going to WDW, correct? Hope you have an awesome time
Thanks! Yes, I am doing the program at WDW. I'm glad that you are liking it in So Cal. What part of Virginia did you live in before you moved?

Also, good luck to you! I know having to wait must be really difficult. I hope you get accepted soon!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #274
candlehead
Earning My Ears

had my interview today, and it lasted about 20 minutes. I think I did okay but I was still so nervous. I know if I hadn't had questions to practice beforehand I'd have been lost, though, and I'm so thankful that I had those. Of course I have stuff I wish I'd have said, but it's all up to them now. Hopefully I get to hear back as quickly as some others.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #275
jobro912
Mouseketeer

Son just accepted Custodial for Fall program. Next up: Character Audition on March 23.
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #276
TerdFerguson18
Earning My Ears

Gaaahhhhhhh I'm more anxious now. I also interviewed on the 19th. So impatient!!
TerdFerguson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #277
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I had my phone interview on Friday and am so anxious to find out if I am accepted. I think my interview went well, had a good answer (I thought) for each question but the person didn't give any emotional clues (changes in voice or anything) to re-assure myself. Anyways I realized after I hung up that I forgot to mention that I applied for 2 professional internships, so I'm hoping if I'm accepted I get a chance to ask them how it works if I also get accepted by a PI. Anyways, *crosses fingers* I hope I get accepted at least by the CP
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #278
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC View Post
Thanks! Yes, I am doing the program at WDW. I'm glad that you are liking it in So Cal. What part of Virginia did you live in before you moved?

Also, good luck to you! I know having to wait must be really difficult. I hope you get accepted soon!
I lived in Fredericksburg (which is about 45 mins north of Richmond). I hope to hear something soon - the waiting is the hardest part! I haven't heard of any acceptances so far this week so curious to see how the week ends!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #279
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

Pending Status

Hey everyone! I interviewed on February 20th and just received a pending email today around 12:00. Have you heard of anyone getting accepted that has had the pending status?

I just wanted to congratulate all of the people that have already gotten accepted, and to wish luck for all of those that are still waiting!

Thank you!
SnowWhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #280
skmokyle
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone, I literally just signed up for the forum moments ago, but it's because I just got accepted to the DCP for this fall! I had my interview this past Thursday (Feb 21st) so I was a bit surprised that I already heard back, but I'll be in Transportation at WDW.
skmokyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #281
jtsagaratos
Earning My Ears

I had my interview on the 18th and I still haven't received any update on my status not even pending. I was wondering if this is a bad sign. Does Disney wait to send out NLIC all at once or something like that? I'm just worried. I thought my interview went pretty well too
jtsagaratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #282
ruckelc
Earning My Ears

I interviewed on the 10th and got pended today. I'm not a happy camper right now but I'm hoping that they are waiting to accept me for photopass. My fingers are crossed for all of us!
ruckelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #283
SnowWhite123
Earning My Ears

That's so awesome to hear skmokyle! I'm so excited for you!

I'm so sorry to hear that jtsagaratos, I hope that you will hear something soon!

Photopass would be really cool, I hope that works for you ruckelc! Did you get a pending email? I feel like there were a lot of pending emails being sent out today..
SnowWhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #284
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite123 View Post
Hey everyone! I interviewed on February 20th and just received a pending email today around 12:00. Have you heard of anyone getting accepted that has had the pending status?

I just wanted to congratulate all of the people that have already gotten accepted, and to wish luck for all of those that are still waiting!

Thank you!
There is a thread on this page that I created that addresses pending and should have all the answers you're looking for.

Quote:
I had my interview on the 18th and I still haven't received any update on my status not even pending. I was wondering if this is a bad sign. Does Disney wait to send out NLIC all at once or something like that? I'm just worried. I thought my interview went pretty well too
Don't worry! It's only been one week. In the email after your phone interview it says that it could take up to three weeks to hear anything from them. It took me 8 days to hear back and people who interviewed after me got accepted before I did. There is no pattern to how they send out acceptances NLICs or Pendings so they could send out a wave of emails that contain all of those.

Quote:
Hey everyone, I literally just signed up for the forum moments ago, but it's because I just got accepted to the DCP for this fall! I had my interview this past Thursday (Feb 21st) so I was a bit surprised that I already heard back, but I'll be in Transportation at WDW.
Not gonna lie, I'm kind of jealous. I listed transportation as low interest but part of me really wanted it. I just think it would be awesome to drive the boats around bay lake or drive the boats from EPCOT to Studios.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #285
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
Not gonna lie, I'm kind of jealous. I listed transportation as low interest but part of me really wanted it. I just think it would be awesome to drive the boats around bay lake or drive the boats from EPCOT to Studios.
Haha, I did low interest for transportation too... forgetting that monorails fall under this XD Driving the boats would be cool too (especially since I have a boating license in my state [required if you want to drive even a small fishing boat]). Good luck to you ruckelc, I hope you get an answer soon (hopefully I get one soon too)
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: