Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #271
superchime
Earning My Ears

We'll be there soon too! Our first time staying at a moderate. I am so excited!! Hope it's warm enough for the boys to enjoy the kid's water play area. Heh. Even if it's not hot I bet they'll still attempt it.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #272
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

A little bummed. We had to change our reservations. My MIL won't be able to watch the kids so I am changing it to a family vacation we will be staying at POP now. Need 2 rooms and we can afford POP. Not giving up on CBR though. I will make it one day.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #273
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

We will arrive the 8th of June but I am not happy as our friends are going the week before at $89 each way flight. A week later we pay almost $700. Nuts? Anyone know of a cheep flight for June 8th from Chicago to Orlando? Boo Hoo Boo Hoo.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #274
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo
We will arrive the 8th of June but I am not happy as our friends are going the week before at $89 each way flight. A week later we pay almost $700. Nuts? Anyone know of a cheep flight for June 8th from Chicago to Orlando? Boo Hoo Boo Hoo.
Yikes! This is why we're driving this time around!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #275
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo
They say the best day to buy tickets is on Tuesday at 3pm and the best day to fly is Wednesday. That is a crazy difference.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #276
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

well we did it...we added up the vacation fund and managed to jump ship today from the ASMu to our beloved CBR! We didnt manage to make the pirate room, just a standard room but we are overjoyed that we managed to stretch the budget to get in CBR we love it so much. We requested either Aruba or Jamaica....( for some funny reason she just laughed and said "em NO maam" when I wanted to request a pirate room..lol) oh well cant blame a gal for trying right?? heheh We will be arriving May 5th till May 11th and are flying this year instead of driving. Our 4 yr old is desperate to get on a plane so he will be so excited to find out hes finally getting to fly. 10 weeks to go!! we cant wait. We havnt told the kids yet, for obvious reasons of not having our ears chewed of with "are we going yet" we will wait till a little nearer the time.. ahhhhh CBR...Im coming back to see youuuuuuuuuu my little piece of paradise in the sun.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #277
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I just booked our September trip for CBR. We've stayed the last 2 times at POFQ, but wanted to try something different this time around. Looking forward to it!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #278
UpstateMick
Mouseketeer

We just got back from a week at CBR (February 13th - 20th) had stayed here twice before, but switched to POFQ last year. Returning to CBR waS HEAVEN! I love the CBR even more now. We had a great trip. The resort was absolutely beautiful. Housekeeping was incredible. Pool was so much fun. There wasn't one negative about staying here. The busses were there every 10-15 minutes. We NEVER waited for a bus. We stayed at Jamaica building 44. Perfect location. We rented a boat one afternoon and drove around the neighboring waterways. We only had a 5 minute walk across Caribbean Cay to Old Port Royale. Food court was so good. Never crowded and always great cast members. I envy you all and your upcoming trips. Soak up every minute...the Disney hangover hits hard

Caribbean Beach (April 2000) Swan/Dolphin (June 2000) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2007) Coronado Springs (Feb 2010) French Quarter (Feb 2012) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2013) Riverside (Feb 2014) Caribbean Beach (Feb. 2015)
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #279
kkacar
Mouseketeer

We arrive Saturday morning for our week long stay at CBR. This is our first stay. We are excited to try it out. Kelli
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #280
6sixgees
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkacar
We arrive Saturday morning for our week long stay at CBR. This is our first stay. We are excited to try it out. Kelli
I go March 31st for m'y First Stay at CBR! I cannot wait to get there

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #281
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

This will be our first stay at CBR in Aug. We requested a Preferred Room. Has anyone had good luck with the preferred room here? I'm hoping it won't be too noisy.

The last two times we stayed at Coronado, then Movies. I'm hoping we love CBR!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #282
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
This will be our first stay at CBR in Aug. We requested a Preferred Room. Has anyone had good luck with the preferred room here? I'm hoping it won't be too noisy.

The last two times we stayed at Coronado, then Movies. I'm hoping we love CBR!
Did you book a preferred? Or did you book a standard and requested a preferred location? If you have booked a standard, it's highly unlikely that you will get a preferred location by request.

If you booked a standard, might I suggest requesting either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both of those locations are great and are as close as you can get to OPR and the main pool without paying for preferred.

No matter where you are, you won't have to worry about it being noisy. CBR is one of the more peaceful and relaxed resorts that we have stayed. It's our favorite moderate for that reason.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #283
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I hope all of you that have upcoming stays at CBR have a wonderful time! I am very jealous as a trip "home" is not in the cards for 2013.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #284
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

We have payed for a prefered room the past three years and have never heard a peep from anyone or anything, it was always so peaceful and quiet. It suddenly dawned on us that we really dont need to pay for a preffered room as we are always walking over the bridge anyways to the playground and it seemed like no big deal to us...so this year for the first time we chose a standard room, and requested jamaica or aruba. Like previous posters said...4 mins across the bridge...why pay the extra cash unless you want to be right there by the pool which dosnt bother us too much. This truly is a very peacful and relaxing resort... 9 weeks 6 days and counting..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #285
Sofaman
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at the CBR the past 3 yrs and we love the resort! We plan on comming back in April this year. In the past we only did Disney parks but now that the kids are a little older we want to go to Universal for 2 days. Does anyone know what would be the best way to get there without spending a fourtune. Do you think it would be cheeper to rent a car for the week or take a cab from the carriage house?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: