Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
When I booked on board they added the prepaid gratuities. I found it very odd at the time. I could have had them taken off but didn't worry about it because it was just as easy to prepay them then to have them added to my on board account. I haven't sailed on that particular cruise yet, but I imagine I could still adjust the values up or down just like any other on board expense.
I don't mind Disney having my gratuities paid from my Onboard account when I get onboard. I would NOT like them to have them prior to that. I would question it if I saw that on my account when rebooking. Why should they get my money any sooner than necessary? When it is done the way yours was you end up paying it at your paid in full date. That is anywhere from 75-120 days out and I don't think they should be tying up my money that long. It's enough that I have to pay deposit so far out from my trip, but I know that is necessary.

Some people pay them ahead, so they can budget. I prefer to keep the money in my account earning interest for Me! I know the amount I will need and keep it separate so I don't spend it before I get there.

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #17
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I prefer to keep the money in my account earning interest for Me!
So where do you keep your money where interest on a couple of hundred dollars amounts to more than 5 cents??? Inquiring minds want to know!

That being said, some travel agents include prepaid gratuities as a gift to you. Usually the prepaid gratuities are just "another line item" on your invoice and you are paying them along with cruise fare, government taxes/fees, transfers, insurance etc, etc, etc.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyholic View Post
Neither of my reservation confirmations for April or November 2013 have a Pre Paid Gratuities line on them.

Is it possible your travel agent set it up for your trip so it would be one less thing for you to worry about?
Nope..booked directly with DCL...I don't know know why they are pre paid on this cruise when they haven't been before, but I read about it happening to others so wasn't surprised when I saw it on my invoice. I don't know what determines what cruises pre pay and which don't
Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
JsIeBeLs
Earning My Ears

Talking Thanks

Thanks everyone!
JsIeBeLs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gratuities

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: