Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

Fly from MCO same day as cruise gets in at Miami?

I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone who talked about this. Tell me if I am crazy. There is a non-stop flight that leaves from MCO to BUF at 5pm. I figure it is about 4 hours to get to MCO from Miami, so if we get off the ship at say 9am, I should be in Orlando by 1pm. Our cruise arrives back in Miami on a Friday. Originally we were going to spend a few days at WDW after the cruise, but have decided to fly in 4 days before the cruise instead. We can still stay after, but there is a great price to fly back same day. Is this just crazy for me to consider?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

I think you can do it, but how much are you saving over flying from MIA or FLL? The rental car from MIA to MCO might be $75, plus gas, but there is also your time to consider.

From the port to the rental car place at the airport will take you a minimum of 30 minutes. It is then about 4 hours to MCO, time to return the car and get checked in. Even if you don't get out of Miami until 11 you'll still make a 5 pm flight out of MCO.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

Thanks Nancy. The main reason is that there are no direct flights from FLL to BUF. With three young kids I would rather drive for 4 hours than Make connecting flights. There are 6 of us and the direct flight from MCO is actually $60 less expensive per person too, so that saves $240. IN the end I am not likely to risk it and will stay another day or two at WDW.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
TmlndSpdwy03
Mouseketeer

Yes, assuming you get in port 'on time' you can easily do it.

I live near the MCO airport. I left the Wonder at about 9:00/9:30ish and was home by 2:00pm (and I made a stop or two on the way).

But its a long drive, maybe check to see if its not much more to fly out of a closer airport then driving all the way to Orlando. Specifically when you take into account cost of rental car and gas.
TmlndSpdwy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
TmlndSpdwy03
Mouseketeer

Check West Palm Beach airport too - its closer then Orlando and might have non-stop, or even Naples or Ft Meyers.
TmlndSpdwy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

Airtran offers a non-stop flight from FLL to BUF, but it leaves early afternoon.

You should also consider Ft. Myers (RSW), JetBlue has a non-stop from there to Buffalo that leaves at 8:40 pm so no worries about rushing & it's an hour less driving than what Orlando would be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: