Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 895

DDP counter service dessert options

Hi I was wondering if adult dessert options with a counter service meal were the same choices as one can use a snack credit for on the DDP. For example if I use a credit at the Mara at AKL can my dessert be zebra domes or is that only for a snack credit. I can see all of the threads about what one can use for snack credits but not for dessert options. Does anyone want to share what they were able to get for a dessert on DDP at any and all CS locations?
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
LSK
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 126

I would really like to know this too! I know most CS places offer chocolate cake, carrot cake, or chocolate chip cookie.

It would be nice to know the places that offer something different - like Pizza Planet in HS offers a cupcake.
__________________
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0nxvcowtlrqjmslv.png[/img][/link]
LSK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 147

Yes that's what we found to hold true. Whatever the CS had for snack options could be your dessert. My sister even got a slushy as a dessert at a place in Epcot and at wpe in dtd I got a cheesecake but could have gotten a creme brûlée.
nonstopdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 895

It would be cool if we could get some people here to share a picture with the dessert that they received with a DDP CS meal
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
momto3pirates
DIS Veteran
 
momto3pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 535

Zebra domes can definately be dessert at Mara. Yum!
__________________
Me, DH, DS18, DS14, DS11, DD1
1995-Disney Honeymoon-Dixie Landings
2004-boys first trip-offsite
2005-Port Orleans Riverside
2006-summer-All Star Sports,Thanksgiving-AS Music
2007-Adults only anniversary trip-AKL
2008- summer PoP
2009-summer-AKV,MNSSHP-SSR
2010-summer at BLT,Thanksgiving at POP
2011-summer at BLT, Thanksgiving at GCH
2012-summer DLH, Thanksgiving-AKL-Jambo
2013-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-US/IOA
2014-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-AKL
momto3pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,292

you can get a'milkshake for'a'deest at sci fi or 50s prime time
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerpea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: RAF Henlow England
Posts: 2,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56
you can get a'milkshake for'a'deest at sci fi or 50s prime time
That's only with a TS credit though not a QS " counter service" credit as the OP was asking
__________________


Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!
 
patsal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Snowy, blowy and cold!
Posts: 9,184

The dessert options at Boardwalk bakery are not the same as the snack credit options, so ask there before you order to be certain that they are covered!
__________________
patsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
johde
DIS Veteran
 
johde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,532

It's an interesting question especially when dealing with nondesert related items. I know the last time I was at France several years ago, you could get any desert if you used a quick service meal even those that weren't a DDP snack credit. I'm thinking the Boardwalk bakery was the same way.
__________________
Jeremy

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
The dessert options at Boardwalk bakery are not the same as the snack credit options, so ask there before you order to be certain that they are covered!
Yes this is why I thought it would be cool if people could post what they were able to get for their dessert on the meal plan and it would be even more awesome if there was a pic of the item posted with it kind of like other threads have done with the snack credits!
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #11
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3pirates View Post
Zebra domes can definately be dessert at Mara. Yum!
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Hi I was wondering if adult dessert options with a counter service meal were the same choices as one can use a snack credit for on the DDP. For example if I use a credit at the Mara at AKL can my dessert be zebra domes or is that only for a snack credit. I can see all of the threads about what one can use for snack credits but not for dessert options. Does anyone want to share what they were able to get for a dessert on DDP at any and all CS locations?
I know when we were on the Dining Plan, I saved my desserts for breakfast the next day or a snack later quite often. We stayed at AKL so I definitely got zebra domes once, along with lots of cheesecake (the domes proved too rich for breakfast for me).
I also got a frozen lemonade at the Yak & Yeti CS at the Animal Kingdom and a Cloudberry Horn at the bakery in Norway.
It's been a while since we were on the dining plan, so I don't remember much past that.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I know when we were on the Dining Plan, I saved my desserts for breakfast the next day or a snack later quite often. We stayed at AKL so I definitely got zebra domes once, along with lots of cheesecake (the domes proved too rich for breakfast for me).
I also got a frozen lemonade at the Yak & Yeti CS at the Animal Kingdom and a Cloudberry Horn at the bakery in Norway.
It's been a while since we were on the dining plan, so I don't remember much past that.
Awesome!! Thanks for the imput
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #14
jerelle
Jerelle
 
jerelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 419

Some desserts

A few we enjoyed on a recent trip are : gelato at Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio Village House , Apple Crisp at Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom . Any yummy bakery item at Starring Rolls Cafe (we had red velvet and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes)or marble cheesecake at Backlot Express in Hollywood Studios. Any yummy bakery item at Sunshine Seasons(we had cheesecake and a carrot cake cupcake) at Epcot and Orange Tangerine or Strawberry Slushies at Tangerine Cafe in Morocco Pavillion in Epcot. Delicious Key Lime or Chocolate Mousse at Flame Tree in Animal Kingdom. Delicious and huge ice cream sundaes, milkshakes or tie dye cheesecake at Pop Century resort.
jerelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #15
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerelle View Post
A few we enjoyed on a recent trip are : gelato at Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio Village House , Apple Crisp at Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom . Any yummy bakery item at Starring Rolls Cafe (we had red velvet and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes)or marble cheesecake at Backlot Express in Hollywood Studios. Any yummy bakery item at Sunshine Seasons(we had cheesecake and a carrot cake cupcake) at Epcot and Orange Tangerine or Strawberry Slushies at Tangerine Cafe in Morocco Pavillion in Epcot. Delicious Key Lime or Chocolate Mousse at Flame Tree in Animal Kingdom. Delicious and huge ice cream sundaes, milkshakes or tie dye cheesecake at Pop Century resort.
thank you
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.