Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Samantha/NC
Mouseketeer

Visiting resorts

My sister and I will be in Orlando in March for a band trip with our middle school daughters. We will only be going to Universal and Sea World. But we will arrive a day ahead of the band and we would like to visit some resorts, like AoA. From our past stays at resorts, some have the guard station-- can you just tell tem you want to look around a resort?
Samantha/NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha/NC View Post
My sister and I will be in Orlando in March for a band trip with our middle school daughters. We will only be going to Universal and Sea World. But we will arrive a day ahead of the band and we would like to visit some resorts, like AoA. From our past stays at resorts, some have the guard station-- can you just tell tem you want to look around a resort?
Yes. We visited 4 different resorts when we visited last year. We just stopped at the gate and let them know we were stopping in to visit. Most of the time we had a dining reservation, but it was no problem even when we were just looking around. Have fun!

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
figmentfrenzymommy
Earning My Ears

What we do is park at downtown disney and then you have your choice of resort buses to catch. Then from said resort take thier dtd bus back,or hop around to a few.
figmentfrenzymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha/NC View Post
But we will arrive a day ahead of the band and we would like to visit some resorts, like AoA. From our past stays at resorts, some have the guard station-- can you just tell tem you want to look around a resort?
My touring method depends on which resorts I want to visit. If you're going to AoA, then it's easiest to drive. Just tell the guard you want to look around and it'll be fine. He/She might ask to see a driver's license and they may write down your license plate, but I've never had any guard say I couldn't look around. At some of the Deluxe resorts (during the busy season), they may issue a parking pass (just so folks don't try to park at a resort and go to a park) or they may tell you which lot to use. Other than that, it's pretty easy to tour the resorts.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: