Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Wendy Darling CA
Earning My Ears

Lockers on Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim

I see there are lockers for use during the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim excursion in Nassua. How big are these lockers. I have a very large beach bag that I bring with our beach towels, sun screen, water...etc... Can I fit a beach bag into the locker? It does squash down a bit.

Me, DH, DS (7)
Wendy Darling CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
KFarmer
Earning My Ears

It should. I took a big VS beach bag. If need you could take some things out and split between 2 lockers. BTW you will love the dolphin swim there. Did it in 2011 and was so worth it!!
KFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

The lockers are just like the half sized lockers at our swimming pool, if that helps. On our trip, not everyone used a locker so there were extras. I would save the locker for valuables, as getting to the locker for towels is a bit of a pain, especially if it is a cool day with a breeze.
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Wendy Darling CA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckTraveller View Post
The lockers are just like the half sized lockers at our swimming pool, if that helps. On our trip, not everyone used a locker so there were extras. I would save the locker for valuables, as getting to the locker for towels is a bit of a pain, especially if it is a cool day with a breeze.
So if I put may valuables in the locker, is there a place I can just leave my bag with towels in it while in the water with the dolphins (like on the dock where we get in water)?

Me, DH, DS (7)
Wendy Darling CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Darling CA View Post
So if I put may valuables in the locker, is there a place I can just leave my bag with towels in it while in the water with the dolphins (like on the dock where we get in water)?
In the area with the wet suits, there are benches to leave your towels on. Our group left the towel bags on the benches and locked are valuables and clothes in the lockers. No one bothered them and the area is only for the encounters swim. The keys for the lockers strapped to your wrist. I think they had a little floatation attachment.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
We3forDisney
Earning My Ears

Hi - sorry to jump on so late but I am new to the boards and can't start a thread. I am trying to find out what we need to bring to Blue Lagoon for the dolphin swim? This will be our first port excursion and we are clueless.
Thanks in advance for the help!
We3forDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
bahacca
Mouseketeer

I was just there on Saturday, but we did the ENCOUNTER, not the swim. All you need is your swim suit, technically. I wore a UV shirt as did my kids because they requested no sunscreen. I figure if 200 people each day wear it around the animals, that isn't really good for them, so I obliged. From what I understand, the area for the swim was in the sun, so hopefully it was warmer than where we were. It was flat out FREEZING for the encounter. Like everyone who went into the water came out covered in goosebumps. If we had been allowed a wetsuit, I would have taken one. I believe they ARE available for the swim, just not the encounter.
If you plan to use the beach during the day, bring environmentally safe sunscreen, a towel from DCL, and a credit card for purchases. For the encounter and I'm assuming the swim, the observer area is BEHIND you, so they may get good footage of the dolphins, but they won't see your FACE. I had read this here before and was glad I had budgeted for the video since my girls' faces were simply priceless.
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Aunt Patti
Earning My Ears

How much are the lockers? What currency does it accept?
Aunt Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
bahacca
Mouseketeer

The lockers are free to use if you are doing the swim/encounter.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
We3forDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
The lockers are free to use if you are doing the swim/encounter.
Thanks for the information it's very helpful.
I didn't realize they had video, I had only heard about photos - time to add to the budget!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I'm curious to know if anyone knows the prices for videos or photos.
lizabu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
bahacca
Mouseketeer

The video is $59. My MIL bought the photos and everything, so i'm not sure what the total was. I know we got key chains, 2 8x10, 4 5x7, a digital of all of the pics and the video. For the encounter, you took 1 pic with your group and the person closest to the edge of the platform got the kiss. You then got individual pics with the HUG. If I were to only budget for 1 thing, it would hands down be the video. They show it to you almost immediately after you exit the water so you can watch it and see if you want it or not.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca
The video is $59. My MIL bought the photos and everything, so i'm not sure what the total was. I know we got key chains, 2 8x10, 4 5x7, a digital of all of the pics and the video. For the encounter, you took 1 pic with your group and the person closest to the edge of the platform got the kiss. You then got individual pics with the HUG. If I were to only budget for 1 thing, it would hands down be the video. They show it to you almost immediately after you exit the water so you can watch it and see if you want it or not.
Awesome. That doesn't seem to bad. Thank you.
lizabu is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: