Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #916
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacilierFan View Post
Well I officially signed my contracts with Diana from JustMarry! & Lindsey for the catering dept @ the Swan. (ahhhhh)

......now what? lol I'm not getting married till September, but I have tons of ideas already. I'm not sure when I should actually get Diana involved with my planning?

Also, can anyone recommend a good photographer for around 6, 8 or 9 hours of coverage? Thank you in advance!
I am getting married in September too! When is your date?

We are using Jason Angelini. He offers up to 10hrs of coverage for one flat rate. Which we thought was great that we didn't have to pick a "package". We just get him for the entire day. Him and and his wife Lucia have been so great to work with so far.

I started talking to Erin about everything pretty early. But at this point we are getting down to details. Last week I spent an entire day emailing back and forth about decor options. Sometimes I think she probably thinks I am crazy, but she is really nice about not showing it
Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #917
FacilierFan
Are you ready?

Just a quick reply...
Thanks so much guys! My date is set for September 21, 2013.

I have been "planning" my wedding for the last year hah.
Eeeeee I'm so excited to get married at the Swan. Not that I don't like DFTW locations, but there's something about the grounds at s/d.
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #918
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacilierFan View Post
Well I officially signed my contracts with Diana from JustMarry! & Lindsey for the catering dept @ the Swan. (ahhhhh)

......now what? lol I'm not getting married till September, but I have tons of ideas already. I'm not sure when I should actually get Diana involved with my planning?

Also, can anyone recommend a good photographer for around 6, 8 or 9 hours of coverage? Thank you in advance!
Hi sweetie
Another shout out for Randy Chapman
I know our lovely Faith says that Regina is the absolute best in the area, but for me, the best is Randy. It's all about personal preference isn't it?
Have a ball with your planning!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #919
Laske121314
Earning My Ears

woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msylvester01 View Post
Woo! I found a twin! We are getting married 12.13.14 too!
I can't wait! My fiance actually picked that date...It's the only 13th in the year that works with everyone's schedule!
Laske121314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #920
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

Hey ladies!

Due to me feeling insecure about finances, I am considering a reception here! I heard tidbits about garden grove and was wondering where I could get more info. Also I am now a disney CM =D so is there a discount there too? I am still going to do my ceremony in front of the castle and with my 30 guests go do brunch after but I want my 100+ guest reception to not cost me 15-20k!! Then I am considering a DP in Epcot since i now work as a convention guide based out of Epcot.
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #921
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbriezyb View Post
Hello me and my FI are looking into a S&D wedding through just marry. Question for old birdes what was your reception? Did you have one? and how was it as far as pricing? we are looking to have between 50-100 people but want to not spennd more than 3,000 on a reception. If we can go less than that would be perfect any help?
I had a high tea reception. Tea--iced and hot, scones, tea sandwiches and pastries. It is my favourite meal and it turned out beautifully. I think it was thirteen a head.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #922
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Here is a link to a blog on my swan vr. http://justmarry.com/just-between-us.../wedding-blog/
Here is a picture of our vow renewal on the just marry blog. It may give you some idea of what our tea reception was like. We had it right in the courtyard where the vow renewal was.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #923
cantalaluna
Earning My Ears

Hello again :)

Hi Swalphins!

How is everyone doing? I posted here awhile ago when I was thinking about doing a Swalphin wedding and now as we are starting to inch our way closer to the time I thought I might throw some questions out there to you veterans!

Me and my fiance are thinking of having a ceremony at S & D and then perhaps going to Fulton's Crab Shack for the reception. Does anyone out there have any experience doing their reception at Downtown Disney? I am curious.

I am also curious how many people planned a Swalphin wedding from outside of FL. We are in GA so going back and forth between Disney and here is not an easy task so we probably wouldn't be able to do it too many times. For those who have done it, was it super difficult? What do you think the hardest part of it was?

We are thinking of a wedding probably of 50-100 ppl on a budget around $10,000. Cheaper is always better but I don't even know if that is doable. We don't need a whole lot of frills with the ceremony so we could probably cut costs there. The reception we are open for too. I don't know, just feeling a bit like a fish out of water here. Thought I'd turn to the Swalphin community for any advice, tips, etc!!

Sorry this was really long! Thanks for reading it!

Sincerely,

Liz
cantalaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #924
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
I had a high tea reception. Tea--iced and hot, scones, tea sandwiches and pastries. It is my favourite meal and it turned out beautifully. I think it was thirteen a head.
Hi Andrea sweetie
I just thought that you may be interested to know that, strictly speaking, the gorgeous reception you had was afternoon tea, not high tea. Here is a link to an article about the difference
http://www.foodiesarewe.com/2012/12/...h-tea-and.html

Hope you are not offended, just thought you might be interested to know xxxx

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #925
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantalaluna View Post

I am also curious how many people planned a Swalphin wedding from outside of FL. We are in GA so going back and forth between Disney and here is not an easy task so we probably wouldn't be able to do it too many times. For those who have done it, was it super difficult? What do you think the hardest part of it was?

We are thinking of a wedding probably of 50-100 ppl on a budget around $10,000. Cheaper is always better but I don't even know if that is doable. We don't need a whole lot of frills with the ceremony so we could probably cut costs there. The reception we are open for too. I don't know, just feeling a bit like a fish out of water here. Thought I'd turn to the Swalphin community for any advice, tips, etc!!

Sorry this was really long! Thanks for reading it!

Sincerely,

Liz
Hi Liz!

Teresa (icecoldpenguin) had her reception at Fulton's! I was a bridesmaid and the venue was very nice.

Most girls plan their weddings from outside of Florida. My biggest piece of advice: let your planner handle everything. They can get good deals and just be in charge. All you gotta do is make the fun decisions and show up.

Lastly, I had 53 people and an initial budget of $10k. We went over ($13k) but $10k is DEFINITELY do-able. Feel free to look at my planning journal for my budget breakdown. Let me know if I can help!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #926
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

did anyone have a large reception at the garden grove? Im thinking 100-150 people. Also do they offer a cast member discount there like at dftw?
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #927
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldora View Post
did anyone have a large reception at the garden grove? Im thinking 100-150 people. Also do they offer a cast member discount there like at dftw?
I don't know about the large party. But there is no cast member discount...anywhere. I too am a cast member and cannot get my discount on my dessert party through catered events.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #928
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldora View Post
I don't know if they'd accommodate that many people. They were a little wary about my group of 53 and we had a pretty early dinner reservation. Hopefully you could work something out with them.

As far as discounts, we got a DVC discount.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #929
cantalaluna
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the info!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Hi Liz!

Teresa (icecoldpenguin) had her reception at Fulton's! I was a bridesmaid and the venue was very nice.

Most girls plan their weddings from outside of Florida. My biggest piece of advice: let your planner handle everything. They can get good deals and just be in charge. All you gotta do is make the fun decisions and show up.

Lastly, I had 53 people and an initial budget of $10k. We went over ($13k) but $10k is DEFINITELY do-able. Feel free to look at my planning journal for my budget breakdown. Let me know if I can help!
Thanks so much for the information! I looked through your whole personal journal and your wedding looked amazing! So fun! Your note gave me hope for the possibility of a Disney wedding!

When I was looking through your PJ I thought of a few questions. For Jellyrolls do you just show up and hang out? How did you organize that? How does the food work at the Garden Grove? Does everyone get a menu and just order what they want or do you set a menu ahead of time?

Also this is totally random but when you were organizing your ceremony did they allow you to talk with your officiant to set out certain things you wanted for the ceremony like music and readings and such?

Eeeeee I am so excited at this possibiliy! Thanks so much for the info! :D

Liz

P.S. I noticed you have done Run Disney stuff in the past! I am doing the Tower of Terror 10 Miler this October! I'm too excited to sleep!
cantalaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #930
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantalaluna View Post
Thanks so much for the information! I looked through your whole personal journal and your wedding looked amazing! So fun! Your note gave me hope for the possibility of a Disney wedding!

When I was looking through your PJ I thought of a few questions. For Jellyrolls do you just show up and hang out? How did you organize that? How does the food work at the Garden Grove? Does everyone get a menu and just order what they want or do you set a menu ahead of time?

Also this is totally random but when you were organizing your ceremony did they allow you to talk with your officiant to set out certain things you wanted for the ceremony like music and readings and such?

Eeeeee I am so excited at this possibiliy! Thanks so much for the info! :D

Liz

P.S. I noticed you have done Run Disney stuff in the past! I am doing the Tower of Terror 10 Miler this October! I'm too excited to sleep!
Liz,
We wound up not going to Jellyrolls and instead went to Atlantic Dance Hall which was WONDERFUL. We just told our guests at the dinner we were going after if anyone wanted to join us.

I don't think there was a menu at Garden Grove. It was just buffet and people went up whenever and got what they wanted. SUPER easy and nice!

My officiant situation was weird. I planned with Rev. Jack Day via phone but he was unable to perform my ceremony due to health. 6 days before the wedding I was switched over to Rev. Tim and he worked with me to plan. Granted, we wanted a standard religious ceremony with a sand ceremony. Nothing fancy so we weren't too stressed about being too hands on with the planning with the officiant. You don't plan music with the officiant - you do that with your planner or the musician!

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask anything! And YAY for RunDisney!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 04-30-2013 at 10:50 AM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: