DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
tienpa
Earning My Ears

Possible to rent Points for Disneyland Hotel in Paris?

We have just come back from the most amazing holiday at WDW; staying at Kidani Lodge. It was all thanks to finding an amazing lady here at Disboards and renting her DVC points.
I am wondering if renting points is possible for Disneyland Paris? I have tried looking in the 'Search' engine but no luck.
Thanks in advance!!
tienpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Yes, it's possible - BUT - be sure to do the math as you may find it cheaper to just make the reservation directly thru Disney due to the high number of points required for those resorts. There is also a $95 reservation charge to make the reservation - in addition to the points required.

Members who purchased resale after 3/21/11 can't even use those points for DLP reservations at all and I would advise ANY member making a DLP reservation for a renter to get payment in full before making the reservation since a cancellation will result in the points remaining as "Reservation Points" which can no longer be used to reserve at a DVC Resort - they could only be used for another non-DVC stay - limiting their use and likely lowering their potential rental value.

Here is a link to the 2013 Point Chart for the DLP Hotels.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Doc is on the money. Before deciding to rent points, be sure to spend a little time on the Paris section of DISboards. They are very good at helping you find the best deal.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Oh my...
110 points for a weekend night at the Disneyland Hotel?
That's crazy.

Book a cash stay!
And when making comparisons consider that the packages you purchase for DLP include tickets for LOS. On points you have to buy tickets separately.

I'll stay 2 weeks in September in WDW for slightly more than the cost of one night at the DLP hotel. Exchange options are really THAT bad.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

We just examined this option as we wanted to stay at the Sequoia Lodge at DLP using my DVC points. The only reason I would have used the points is because I know I had enough to spare and would not be going back to WDW this use year.

I agree with everyone else, watch the DLP forums. They are very nice group and more than happy to help. We have learned so much from that forum and now call DLP our home resort.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
tienpa
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all that input! I knew you guys qod be a fount of knowledge!
Ok, I will be observing the DLP forum. A shame it is so different in Paris. WDW worked beautifully and was such a straightforward affair.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #7
tienpa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Oh my...
110 points for a weekend night at the Disneyland Hotel?
That's crazy.

Book a cash stay!
And when making comparisons consider that the packages you purchase for DLP include tickets for LOS. On points you have to buy tickets separately.

I'll stay 2 weeks in September in WDW for slightly more than the cost of one night at the DLP hotel. Exchange options are really THAT bad.
That fact is truly shocking!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienpa View Post
That fact is truly shocking!!!!
Not really.....it's just a matter of understanding how DVC/timeshares work.

When you buy into DVC, you're buying the right to use your points within the DVC timeshare system. That's where the value is, that's the core use of DVC - at the DVC resorts. That includes BLT, VWL, SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV and AKV at Disney World, VGC at Disneyland, and HHI, VB and Aulani.

Like many other timeshares, members can also exchange their points for stays out of the DVC system. We can use points for some of the non-DVC resorts at WDW, the resorts at DL, and DLP. BUT - the cost is far higher. It's not the main use of your membership, it's just an option that Disney makes available. Nowadays, it's only for people who buy direct from Disney.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
tienpa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
Not really.....it's just a matter of understanding how DVC/timeshares work.

When you buy into DVC, you're buying the right to use your points within the DVC timeshare system. That's where the value is, that's the core use of DVC - at the DVC resorts. That includes BLT, VWL, SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV and AKV at Disney World, VGC at Disneyland, and HHI, VB and Aulani.

Like many other timeshares, members can also exchange their points for stays out of the DVC system. We can use points for some of the non-DVC resorts at WDW, the resorts at DL, and DLP. BUT - the cost is far higher. It's not the main use of your membership, it's just an option that Disney makes available. Nowadays, it's only for people who buy direct from Disney.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for explaining. So now to look out for great deals and discounts...
Old 02-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

There is still the two night minimum stay but you no longer have to buy park tickets with the reservation. There is always an offer for the 2 for 1 tickets. We just bought AP's since it is our new park but WDW will always be home to us.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc points, paris disneyland, rental

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: