Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #31
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

We did the Atlantis excursion. I would strongly recommend not wasting the money on this. You basically did it at a run, while you were herded through the premises.

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltTeddy View Post
We did the Atlantis excursion. I would strongly recommend not wasting the money on this. You basically did it at a run, while you were herded through the premises.
Wow! Good to know.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #33
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lorax View Post
My DW & I were on a Carnival cruise that stayed overnight in Nassau, and wanted to spend time on the beach and not use any of the resort facilities. So paying so sit on the beach in front of Atlantis would have been a waste of money.
There is public beach access on Paradise Island, we took a water taxi ($3) that is adjacent to the cruise terminal. The water taxi staff provided commentary (as well as directions to the beach) on Nassau during the short trip. We were dropped us off on Paradise Is. under the Atlantis bridge, it is a 10-15 minute walk to the path public path access beside the RIU resort. There were about a dozen of the water taxi passengers who were walking to the beach, so we had safety in numbers.

DW & I ducked into Atlantis and bought some souvenirs from the shops inside the resort, also to take a shortcut to avoid walking around the large complex.
Once on the beach beside the RIU, you can rent beach chairs and there is a beach bar to quench your thirst.

As other posters wrote you can take a taxi which will drop you off at the same path, for DW & I we got to stretch our legs and do a little 'Atlantis' resort shopping.
This is a great option, and you can always catch a cab back at the staging area in front of Atlantis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltTeddy View Post
and the one time DW and I did this, we took a cab to Atlantis, walked up to the tour desk and purchased a ticket. Our timing was such that while we waited with our guide , no one else joined us. We had a leisurely, in-depth tour, and when the guide saw our genuine interest in her subjects, she went into even more depth, and then brought us places that weren't on her standard itinerary. So, luck of the draw.
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #34
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
This is a great option, and you can always catch a cab back at the staging area in front of Atlantis.

and the one time DW and I did this, we took a cab to Atlantis, walked up to the tour desk and purchased a ticket. Our timing was such that while we waited with our guide , no one else joined us. We had a leisurely, in-depth tour, and when the guide saw our genuine interest in her subjects, she went into even more depth, and then brought us places that weren't on her standard itinerary. So, luck of the draw.
Very good to know. I guess it just depends on the day/guide when it comes to the Atlantis tour, huh?
Where exactly do I find a water taxi and how far from the actual beach does it drop you off? Is this a public beach or do I purchase a day pass from Atlantis or from the Riu?

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: