Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Grand Cayman/Native Way..time..so unsure about it all!

We will be going on the Fantasy Western at the end of May. My family has cruised 4 times but this will be our first time ever in a port where we tender. I've been reading and reading trying to get as much info as I can about how everything will go down with the tendering process so I can get an idea what time we'll actually be on the island at Grand Cayman. I've booked a private charter thru Native Way for my family and my brother's family. On the confirmation email this is what it said about the meeting time:

The tour departs the pier at 11:30 AM Central Daylight Saving Time (this is ship time). The tour completes at around 2:45 PM Central Daylight Saving Time. We ask that you check in no later than 11:15 AM Central Daylight Saving Time (this is ship time).

My problem is our itinerary gives our all-ashore time as 11:30. So, um, no idea how we'll make it to meet for the tour 15 minutes before we will be going ashore unless the ship routinely arrives early.

I sent an email back questioning the tour time. Really, we need to leave more like noon.

For those who booked themselves thru Native Way, where did you meet? Is it far from where the tenders let you off? Did your confirmations have time conflicts like this? I mentioned in my reservation request that we are coming in on the Disney Fantasy so I'm hoping they are taking the usual Fantasy schedule into account. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I don't know.

Has anyone else done the private charter with Native Way before? How did it go for you?
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Imedley200
Mouseketeer

We cruised the Magic in November and used Native Way. Boat time and Grand Cayman time are the same (this was a major confusion on our trip because we had the time change). Tendering was pretty easy and the meeting place for Native Way is right as you walk through the gate at the pier. I would at least allow 30 minutes after the tender time. The whole process was smooth but just in case you arrive late or don't get on the first tender you would have a buffer. I emailed Sharon a couple times and she was pretty quick to reply. We loved our tour with them! We did the Stingray, Coral Garden and Starfish snorkel. Andrew and Andrew were our guides and the stingrays were a once in a lifetime experience! Hope you get everything worked out and Enjoy!
Imedley200 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

We did the Sting Ray City and Snorkel with Native Way Watersports. Sharon is who we worked with and she was great. They adjusted the time and itinerary to match our ship time in port. Just communicate with Sharon and they will be waiting for you when you get off the ship and they will make sure you are back before it takes off again. One of the people with our DISboard meet group found them and let us know. We ended up filling three of their boats for the excursion.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imedley200 View Post
We cruised the Magic in November and used Native Way. Boat time and Grand Cayman time are the same (this was a major confusion on our trip because we had the time change). Tendering was pretty easy and the meeting place for Native Way is right as you walk through the gate at the pier. I would at least allow 30 minutes after the tender time. The whole process was smooth but just in case you arrive late or don't get on the first tender you would have a buffer. I emailed Sharon a couple times and she was pretty quick to reply. We loved our tour with them! We did the Stingray, Coral Garden and Starfish snorkel. Andrew and Andrew were our guides and the stingrays were a once in a lifetime experience! Hope you get everything worked out and Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post
We did the Sting Ray City and Snorkel with Native Way Watersports. Sharon is who we worked with and she was great. They adjusted the time and itinerary to match our ship time in port. Just communicate with Sharon and they will be waiting for you when you get off the ship and they will make sure you are back before it takes off again. One of the people with our DISboard meet group found them and let us know. We ended up filling three of their boats for the excursion.
Thanks, y'all. Definitely puts my mind at ease. I read a bad review over on Cruise Critic where a person said they arrived for check-in on-time but was left behind by the group they were supposed to be in. They ended up placed on some other operator's boat and didn't have such a fab time. Considering ours is a private charter I don't guess they'd leave without us. LOL! I replied to the confirmation email which I haven't heard back from just yet. Worst case, when I get a phone call for credit card confirmation I'll ask if we can change to a noon or 12:30 departure. If that's not doable then I won't give the credit card info.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
micheleq
DIS Veteran

We did a tour with them last February and they were great to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again. We were on the Magic so our arrival time was much earlier than yours.

Sharon was lovely to work with, and our Captain Chris and first mate CJ were fantastic. I'm sure you'll have no problems adjusting your time, especially since it's a private charter. Enjoy!!

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13

Last edited by micheleq; 02-25-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typo
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Native Way was amazing! Sharon took care of us! Our group really wanted to do the Stingrays, Coral Reef and Starfish so Sharon made sure that happened. We filled two boats and she provide drinks for the kids and adult beverages for the bigger kids

The crew was amazing and very patient. When we go back to Grand Cayman next year my kids have asked to do the rays again. They loved them! And I wont use anyone but Native Way!
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post
It was such a great time Mike! Did you get the pictures I sent of you and Nick from the trip?
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: