Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #31
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
I bring a stool that folds down almost as small as my rain poncho bag and so far nobody has said anything. I had knee problems so it worked well for watching parades. http://www.amazon.com/Walkstool-Comf...rds=walk+stool
When I first saw the photo I thought "that's nice for petite people" but then I saw the image of 4 of them holding up a car! Wow!
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #32
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
I bring a stool that folds down almost as small as my rain poncho bag and so far nobody has said anything. I had knee problems so it worked well for watching parades. http://www.amazon.com/Walkstool-Comf...rds=walk+stool
I have knee problems too and that was my whole reason for starting this thread.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #33
Bill3
Mouseketeer

Parade seats

We always get great seats, but if I told you I'd have to.......
Bill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #34
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
We always get great seats, but if I told you I'd have to.......
Spill it!

Share the Disney magic. Good Karma will come your way!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #35
starjazz
Mouseketeer

Low wall right outside of HoP.
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #36
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjazz View Post
Low wall right outside of HoP.
That's funny. I was sitting there once and had someone else come up and pretty much expect me to get up and let her sit there. She complained that she was a senior citizen and needed to sit down. The funny part was I was older than she was. She just looked older.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #37
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

I guessed there was a issue like kneee problems. I was goiing ti suggest that we are often ableto sit on the ground, but if knee problems are an issue, that's not goiing to work.

We're not ones to camp out especially early. I see lots of folks sitting on curbs.

One thing that you might be able to do is a split deployment, where you family find a good spot, then you find a place so sit. (nearby ) When the show is just about to start- that's when you make your move to join them.

You probably are not going to like my other suggestion...but you could rent a scooter for MK days. You don't have get one the whole vacation, and you don't have to sit in it all day.

A few years ago, a family member suffered an injury just before our vacation. As the vacation progressed, so did her ability to walk. The scooter really helped. She could walk for short intervals, then as soon as she was sore, she coud sit. That way her muscles did not tighten up.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #38
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
I guessed there was a issue like kneee problems. I was goiing ti suggest that we are often ableto sit on the ground, but if knee problems are an issue, that's not goiing to work.

We're not ones to camp out especially early. I see lots of folks sitting on curbs.

One thing that you might be able to do is a split deployment, where you family find a good spot, then you find a place so sit. (nearby ) When the show is just about to start- that's when you make your move to join them.

You probably are not going to like my other suggestion...but you could rent a scooter for MK days. You don't have get one the whole vacation, and you don't have to sit in it all day.

A few years ago, a family member suffered an injury just before our vacation. As the vacation progressed, so did her ability to walk. The scooter really helped. She could walk for short intervals, then as soon as she was sore, she coud sit. That way her muscles did not tighten up.
Oh no! Not a scooter! That will really traumatize me about turning 30, haha!

It's not THAT bad, thank goodness. I just have fluid accumulation in my knees and it can get really painful so yeah, the curb probably won't work. I know I will have to take my pain medication every 6 hours on the dot and I'm hoping to rest every chance I get! For Wishes I will probably just watch from Main Street and then for MS Electrical Parade, I'll head over to Liberty Square or Frontierland and hope to find a seat there like PPs have suggested. It will only be my boyfriend and I so the split deployment wouldn't be nice to him.

Thanks for your concern and the suggestions!

8 days to go!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #39
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

I know we sat on a low wall in Frontierland. My MIL was with us and has knee problems and we wanted her to sit. So I know we found it there..just can't remember where exactly!
Oh and this was for the parade not the fireworks.
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
6/89-FW (trailers back then)
3girls4me05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: