Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #16
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Rule no 1 - first picture you take, make it of a piece of paper with a phone number or email.

I once found an 8gb micro SD card on the floor at a rest stop (on my way to WDW from NJ). But even after a while looking at the pictures, I could not tell any discerning information from it to find an owner.

To OP - glad it was found!

- Now, to take a picture of a piece of paper as I never do it and it will bite me in the behind eventually...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
mattykin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Rule no 1 - first picture you take, make it of a piece of paper with a phone number or email.

I once found an 8gb micro SD card on the floor at a rest stop (on my way to WDW from NJ). But even after a while looking at the pictures, I could not tell any discerning information from it to find an owner.

- Now, to take a picture of a piece of paper as I never do it and it will bite me in the behind eventually...
Wow that is a great idea, I will make sure that we do this on our trip. Thank you

mattykin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #18
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

I am so glad you got your camera back!

I was not so lucky, unfortunately. We were on the 1/5/13 sailing aboard the fantasy when my camera was taken (from under my nose, I'm embarrassed to admit) while doing a craft session in LaPiazza. I kept telling mysefl that whoever took it would grow a conscience and turn it in, but no such luck. It had all my WDW and cruise pictures on it.....gone. I too could not believe that someone would be so cruel as to steal my memories. I could care less about the camera, but am devastated at the loss of my memories.

I have learned so many lessons from that one cruel act, that I will NEVER make the same mistake again. I have to say, it has really really lowered my trust and faith in people, and that cruel and selfish people are everywhere.....even on a Disney ship.

2007-7 Day Western Cruise-St. Patrick's Magic-3 day WDW at Pop Century
2008-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Magic-3 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2010-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Wonder-5 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2013-7 Day Western Cruise-New Year's Fantasy-5 day WDW at Art of Animation
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Valentine's Day Fantasy -5 day WDW All Star Music
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Halloween Magic-5 day WDW All Star Movies
2015-7 Day Eastern Cruise-4th of July Fantasy-4 day WDW Port Orleans Riverside
2016-7 Day Western Cruise-Birthday Dream-5 day WDW Caribbean Beach Resort
ShannonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #19
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

So glad that you are getting it back! Last year on the MV I was getting things signed by the captain in the shop and went over to the counter to put the pictures back in their protective covers so I was out of the way. I needed to pay for one of them and the CM said she could help me on the other side so I picked up the items and paid for it there and she helped me put them all in a bag. It was about an hour later that I realized I didn't have my camera anymore and knew I had left it on the counter. It wasn't there so I filled out a form at GS and was in tears when I went back to our room. There was a message on our phone from a DISer who found the camera and recognized my daughter and I on the recent pictures.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #20
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafreckles View Post

. . . THEY FOUND MY CAMERA and are mailing it to me today!!!
I'm very happy for you.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #21
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

There was a neat thread recently where people shared stories about getting lost things back from Disney. I couldn't find it last night, but I'll look again.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #22
ariel68
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I absolutely agree with you on this tip. We always do the same now, after reading so many horror stories of lost vacation memories. I can't imagine how horrifying that would be. We had my camera crash after arriving home from our last DCL cruise (taking with it all of our precious pics we had taken). Thankfully I too had taken my laptop to download pics at the end of each day so only lost one day's worth, luckily most of which my Mom had taken with hers as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:

The only problem with this, is that if you take 800+ pictures like I do, and you have your name on picture number one.....that's an awful lot of scrolling through private pictures before someone stumbles across your name, because the first picture doesn't come up when you open the pics.

Rule Number One should be: Always use a wrist or neck strap.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera dream canon lost

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: