Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #16
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

There's loads to do in Dublin but a really lovely way to spend the day, weather permitting, is to take a trip to Malahide Castle Malahide is a pretty seaside village about 20 mins by train from Dublin. Lovely walks,great food and I think they still run tours of the actual castle buildings but its been a while since I've been!
Dublin zoo and Kilmainham Jail are also great to visit. The zoo is the 3rd oldest in europe (after England and France's zoo). Look on the Dublin tourist boards websitte for lots more ideas Hope you have a great trip!
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

The Westin Dublin concierge is just wonderful to deal with. Since we will be staying a few nights pre ABD and it will be my DD's birthday my TA sent me the concierge info to set up a birthday surprise. The concierge was so quick to email me with options. I set up a personalized Bday cake for her big day. Even more excited to visit Ireland now.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksGirlz View Post
The Westin Dublin concierge is just wonderful to deal with. Since we will be staying a few nights pre ABD and it will be my DD's birthday my TA sent me the concierge info to set up a birthday surprise. The concierge was so quick to email me with options. I set up a personalized Bday cake for her big day. Even more excited to visit Ireland now.
Very cool!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #19
acndis
Earning My Ears

We are on the 7/2-7/9 Trip!

It will be me, DH, DS (5), my Dad and his friend.

We did the Greek Odyssey last summer and loved it. We are really looking forward to Ireland and glad there are so many on this board on our trip.

acndis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acndis View Post
It will be me, DH, DS (5), my Dad and his friend.

We did the Greek Odyssey last summer and loved it. We are really looking forward to Ireland and glad there are so many on this board on our trip.

I love to hear that others have done ABD before and liked it so much they book more.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
Old 02-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
acndis
Earning My Ears

Yes, we LOVED the Greece trip. My son was only 4 at the time but he really loved it. The guides (Landon and Elena) were terrific with him and he did everything (4 mile Lava Walk, Kayaking, Museums) except the Donkey Ride and the jump into the Aegean. He still says, "I miss Greece." He is excited about Ireland, too.

My husband and I loved not having to plan ANYTHING and we loved meeting the terrific people on the trip. Is this your first? If so, you will LOVE it. It is addictive. We've already booked Winter Wonderland for Dec 2013.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #22
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we LOVED the Greece trip. My son was only 4 at the time but he really loved it. The guides (Landon and Elena) were terrific with him and he did everything (4 mile Lava Walk, Kayaking, Museums) except the Donkey Ride and the jump into the Aegean. He still says, "I miss Greece." He is excited about Ireland, too.

My husband and I loved not having to plan ANYTHING and we loved meeting the terrific people on the trip. Is this your first? If so, you will LOVE it. It is addictive. We've already booked Winter Wonderland for Dec 2013.
We are doing back to back trips so, technically, our first ABD will be Germany from June 21-29. We plan on doing a daytrip to Salzburg from Munich then heading to Dublin on the 30th for a few days before the Ireland ABD. When dates for 2014 come out we'll probably sign up for either the Southern Cali or the Mid Atlantic trips depending on which dates work the best. The cost of airfare to Europe is something I can only afford every other year or so.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #23
acndis
Earning My Ears

Well, you will love that! The Germany trip has also been on our radar.

I look very forward to meeting you in Ireland. I am already so excited about Dromoland. I am a big Downton Abbey fan and will look forward to the chance to pretend I am the Irish version of Lady Mary for a few days.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #24
kmc33
DIS Veteran

We having been booking flights and making plans for a pre-trip ABD trip to London so it's starting to seem real.

We are going to go to the Harry Potter Studios and to see Wicked along with seeing some other London sights before flying from London to Dublin.

Oh and this is our 1st ABD trip.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
acndis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc33
We having been booking flights and making plans for a pre-trip ABD trip to London so it's starting to seem real.

We are going to go to the Harry Potter Studios and to see Wicked along with seeing some other London sights before flying from London to Dublin.

Oh and this is our 1st ABD trip.
KMC,

You are on the 7/2 trip, too, right? It is going to be such fun. A trip to London beforehand sounds terrific. Doing pre nights is the way to go. It gets rid of any stress about "getting there."
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #26
kmc33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acndis

KMC,

You are on the 7/2 trip, too, right? It is going to be such fun. A trip to London beforehand sounds terrific. Doing pre nights is the way to go. It gets rid of any stress about "getting there."
Yes, we are on the 7/2 trip as well! I was just telling my DS there will be a 5 year old boy on the trip. My DS turns 14 in May but he is good with young kids.

We wanted to arrive at least a couple days early to get acclimated to the time before the ABD starts. At first we were thinking of going to Dublin directly for a couple days early but then I read about the Harry Potter Studios! My son and I are big HP fans, so we decided London would be a good starting point.

We look forward to meeting you and the others on our trip! I called ABD about a month ago and they said it's 72% full, so no chance that it will be cancelled due to not enough people booked.
Kim
Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
acndis
Earning My Ears

So far there are 8 kids on the 7/2-9 trip, their ages are: 5, 6, 12, 13, 13, 14, 15, 16. Yeah! I had my travel agent check.

Of course that's subject to change but I am glad we have a nice big group. We had lots of kids on the trip last year. My DS was by far the youngest but they all got along really well and traveled in a pack. They treated DS like a mascot and he LOVED the attention. He's looking forward to having another great group of kids this summer.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, you will love that! The Germany trip has also been on our radar.

I look very forward to meeting you in Ireland. I am already so excited about Dromoland. I am a big Downton Abbey fan and will look forward to the chance to pretend I am the Irish version of Lady Mary for a few days.
I'm with you on Downton Abbey. I had to keep my head down and my ears closed so I wouldn't see/hear any spoilers for the season finale.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #29
HollyH
Are we there yet!!!!!

Done! Last payment made for our 7/02 trip! Now we need to decide what to do on our pre night in Dublin. ABD said we are 73% full 32 total so far with 7 kiddos. I know acndis said her TA mentioned 8 kids. Close enough. Maybe they're counting the 16 yr old as an adult?

She also said they redesigned the backpacks to be lighter and more water resistant. That will be coming in "the box" about a month before with the itinerary, packing list, luggage tags, luggage spotters, etc.

Very.... exciting.....
Too many trips to list!
DCL Eastern 6/26/04
DCL Western 2/26/05
WDW Grand Gathering 6/24/06
Granddaughter's first trip! 7/11/10
Granddaughter's first cruise! 6/20/12
ABD - Emerald Isle - 7/02/13
HollyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
acndis
Earning My Ears

Pre-days

Can't wait! We are getting closer and closer. As you come up with ideas for your pre-days, please post. We are totally undecided on what to do. My 5 year old loves Museums and the rest of us prioritize eating great food very high on the list. Dublin seems to have lots of options! The problem is what to choose!

We will be arriving fairly early on the morning of 7/1.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: