Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

BOG reservation problem

hi all
i have been trying to make a reservation for BOG from 17th august through 2 weeks but keeps comimg up as no places, surely there not booked up 180 days in advance, anybody had success over last few days booking for dinner
also i have read there are no ADR for lunch but they have lunch times in the drop down menu in the online booking process
if it is walk in for lunch i will try that if i cant get dinner as my 4yo grandaughter is desperate to get into BOG
thanks in advance
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Jennifer815
Mouseketeer

All the dinner times I looked at for August 8-18 were booked solid until about 9 pm or so. I managed to luck into a 6:55 on one day, but every other day was a no go. It looks to be just that popular right now.

I would keep trying, you never know what might pop up, but in the meantime, I'd plan on a lunch (which is walk-in only), and if you can get dinner, then great.

If I wasn't already married...I might have said yes.
Jennifer815 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

BOG usually books at the 180+10 that resort guests are allowed to book at. So in other words at 190 days out. Lunch is a quick service meal from about 10 to 2 PM. From what I understand there can be an hour long wait to get in for lunch. When we were there, they were also accepting walkups for dinner with about an hour wait. So that may be an option as well.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingken View Post
hi all
i have been trying to make a reservation for BOG from 17th august through 2 weeks but keeps comimg up as no places, surely there not booked up 180 days in advance, anybody had success over last few days booking for dinner
also i have read there are no ADR for lunch but they have lunch times in the drop down menu in the online booking process
if it is walk in for lunch i will try that if i cant get dinner as my 4yo grandaughter is desperate to get into BOG
thanks in advance
First, try not to stress too much if you can't get a dinner ADR. You can keep checking but it has been difficult to get an ADR even 180 days out. If you can't get dinner, go for lunch.

Yes you have to wait, but the earlier you go the better. If you're going mid-August the crowds should start to "lighten" up from the middle of the month on. Lunch is really fun there and you can tour all of the rooms which your 4 yr old gd should enjoy. Note that all of the rooms are not open at dinner and it's less conducive to "touring".

We were in line at 11:00am and sat by 11:25, it only took 15 min to get inside the bldg and once in there, there's lots of stuff to look at while waiting. You order at a kiosk and then find a seat and the food is brought out to you so it's much easier with young ones than a "regular" CS restaurant. (no trays to carry, etc)

Please take a look at my review from lunch as this will give you an idea how lunch works so you have that option if you can't get dinner, (it's not worth stressing over). Many people actually like lunch better there, believe it or not.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/b...-review-jw.htm
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
labst60
DIS Veteran

we live locally to wdw and I was trying this morning to get a BOG reservation for ANYTIME - and there was literally NOTHING through 8/26.
labst60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
mickey2000
Pin trader

Try NOTHING thru 9/1

mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Yes, it really is that popular right now.
It's possible that the hype could die down by August, and people could start canceling, but it's doubtful.

Just keep checking...people cancel ADRs all the time. I got an ADR for an April trip a few weeks ago. It's for 9pm, but I doubt I'll be able to convince my 2 year old to wait in line for lunch happily, so even a late dinner ADR will get me in. I'm continuing to check just about every day for something earlier to open up.
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
First, try not to stress too much if you can't get a dinner ADR. You can keep checking but it has been difficult to get an ADR even 180 days out. If you can't get dinner, go for lunch.

Yes you have to wait, but the earlier you go the better. If you're going mid-August the crowds should start to "lighten" up from the middle of the month on. Lunch is really fun there and you can tour all of the rooms which your 4 yr old gd should enjoy. Note that all of the rooms are not open at dinner and it's less conducive to "touring".

We were in line at 11:00am and sat by 11:25, it only took 15 min to get inside the bldg and once in there, there's lots of stuff to look at while waiting. You order at a kiosk and then find a seat and the food is brought out to you so it's much easier with young ones than a "regular" CS restaurant. (no trays to carry, etc)

Please take a look at my review from lunch as this will give you an idea how lunch works so you have that option if you can't get dinner, (it's not worth stressing over). Many people actually like lunch better there, believe it or not.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/b...-review-jw.htm
Hmmm, I thought you could tour all the rooms at dinner too. Can anyone confirm that you cannot tour them.
nugov2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
patty57
DIS Veteran

I had been checking online for a reservation for May 3rd for a few weeks. A 9:00 pm popped up two weeks ago, but I didn't want it because I'm hoping to get a reservation to the dessert party that day also. Last week a 4:00 pm showed up, which I grabbed. I was hoping for very early so we won't be too full for desserts. Just keep checking everyone. People do cancel.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
Hmmm, I thought you could tour all the rooms at dinner too. Can anyone confirm that you cannot tour them.
We did both lunch and dinner in January. At lunch all 3 rooms were open (including the "green room" with the B&B dancing in the middle). When we went back for dinner the "green room" was closed off and looked as if it was being used for service purposes.

I don't quite understand it. If the restaurant is *that* popular why they aren't opening up that green section for all those additional seats. I suppose the kitchen was not created to serve that many people for dinner? I don't know but it seems odd to me. And it's such a beautiful room that it would be closed off ????
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We went for dinner in December. We ate in the Ballroom and we were allowed to tour the West Wing. The Rose Gallery was closed off and you could not walk through it.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
We went for dinner in December. We ate in the Ballroom and we were allowed to tour the West Wing. The Rose Gallery was closed off and you could not walk through it.
So where Belle's Rose is?? I just called and the girl checked with her supervisor(b/c too new even they don't know all the answers she said) and they said yes you can tour...just like at lunch they just ask you are respectful of people dining. She said at dinner you get a better view b/c only people with reservations are allowed in where lunch is open to anyone. I specifically asked about seeing the rose and she said yes. I am going to be mad if I get in and we can't see that. My dd is going to want to see that.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

We **REALLY want BOG ressies for our Oct trip and I'm going to call as soon as they open for the day on my 180 ADR....

I'm so nervous and people keeps saying they don't book up that quickly, however this thread makes it sound like it does!!
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
**July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
**August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
**Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So where Belle's Rose is?? I just called and the girl checked with her supervisor(b/c too new even they don't know all the answers she said) and they said yes you can tour...just like at lunch they just ask you are respectful of people dining. She said at dinner you get a better view b/c only people with reservations are allowed in where lunch is open to anyone. I specifically asked about seeing the rose and she said yes. I am going to be mad if I get in and we can't see that. My dd is going to want to see that.
The rose is in the West Wing, just like in the movie. The West Wing is open at dinner as I said and you can walk through and see it. The West Wing is also where the enchanted portrait is.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
The rose is in the West Wing, just like in the movie. The West Wing is open at dinner as I said and you can walk through and see it. The West Wing is also where the enchanted portrait is.

Phew!!! Thanks for the info I have watched the movie several times, but should pay more attention. I have no idea where it is in the movie LOL. I thought rose room...where the rose is

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: