DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
kangaroodle
DVC Member

After waitlist over, can you stalk Member Services to see if anything opens up?

OK....I am waitlisted for the end of next month. I know my chances are slim to none, but a girl can dream, can't she?

When the waitlist ends 7 days prior to my arrival date, can I still call Member Services every day to see if something opens up?

Has anyone ever called Member Services for a reservation and gotten something that doesn't show up on the website? Can they see ALL the resorts at once to easily book a split stay? I wish all the resorts would pop up at once on the website....For example, wish you could put in "Any Resort" , "1 bedroom, any view" Or "Deluxe Studio". Why does it make you jump through a million hoops to see all the availability!

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

You can keep on contacting MS.... Keep in mind to remember the rules about points should the villa you want be less points than the villa you may have already booked.

I know when I was at BWV last we added on a night at the beginning of the trip somewhat short notice (3 mos approx) and had to get a Pool/Garden view vs a boardwalk view and I kept on calling after the 7 day mark as it was the same points value.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

You can stalk the site WHILE you have a waitlist. I do We planned a last minute trip to Disney for two nights before we go on a cruise easter break. When I first looked for availability, there were no studios. I was told to stalk the website and within a day, some nights opened here and there, but not together. We booked two separate rooms, and within another few days I was able to get the two nights together in one room. Stalk the site. As we get closer to the 31 day mark when cancellations go into holding, I'm still checking periodically and seeing a night here and there open briefly at resorts like BWV and VWL. They don't stay open for long, and always only one night, but it can't hurt if you don't mind taking the time.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Sur
Love the Dis

Luckyman_apd- I gotta tell ya, that airplane in your countdown clock is REALLY breaking the rules (heigth above ground)! Brought back a fond memory!
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
Luckyman_apd- I gotta tell ya, that airplane in your countdown clock is REALLY breaking the rules (heigth above ground)! Brought back a fond memory!
i dont get it.......but im also laid up on the couch on pain pills after throwing out my back yesterday
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
i dont get it.......but im also laid up on the couch on pain pills after throwing out my back yesterday
The airplane shown in the countdown fails to meet aviation regulations for minimum altitude "above ground level" (AGL).

Edited to add:
Although, the runway on St. Maarten offers a similar view of low flying passenger jets in their final approach ... right over the beach.

Feel better soon!

Last edited by bwvBound; 02-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Awesome Pic. I get it now. We are actually headed to St. Maarten on the cruise we are taking after our 2 nights at OKW! I am SOOOOO looking forward to getting a picture like that myself!

Thanks for the well wishes Bright side of it is I've got my ipad to browse the Disboards all day
Old 02-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
Edited to add:
Although, the runway on St. Maarten offers a similar view of low flying passenger jets in their final approach ... right over the beach.
Yikes! I've flown in there but guess I didn't have a window seat to see that!!

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Okay I did something crazy this morning before I left for work Three nights opened up at Saratoga Springs,but not consecutively. I went ahead and booked them anyway! It's the most I've seen available at any one resort. Now I have to wait list the second and fifth day. Had to take the chance, didn't want to lose those days! I hope at least that second day becomes available. I have faith!

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroodle View Post
Okay I did something crazy this morning before I left for work Three nights opened up at Saratoga Springs,but not consecutively. I went ahead and booked them anyway! It's the most I've seen available at any one resort. Now I have to wait list the second and fifth day. Had to take the chance, didn't want to lose those days! I hope at least that second day becomes available. I have faith!
Good luck! We are pulling for you!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: