Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #16
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the responses -- good and not so good. I know we won't truly know until we experience it for ourselves, but I do appreciate the feedback. We just loved CSR, but I really wanted to try something different this year. My husband didn't care one way or the other and told me to decide. I'm sure we'll enjoy it -- the boats to DTD are what really drew me in (well besides the fact that it looks so serene and peaceful). We are both in our mid-40s with no children, so we're more into the quiet pools and places to just sit and enjoy a nice evening.

Thanks again, everyone!
JeanetteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
ponyboy
Gun slingin DW lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteK View Post
I'm sure we'll enjoy it -- the boats to DTD are what really drew me in (well besides the fact that it looks so serene and peaceful). We are both in our mid-40s with no children, so we're more into the quiet pools and places to just sit and enjoy a nice evening.

Thanks again, everyone!

If serene and peaceful is what you're looking for then you should really enjoy it because those are two things that it most definitely is. Except like others have said, the food court. It can be a madhouse.
ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
tandj
Playing Hooky

Woke us up at 7:30

Stayed in a Royal Room near the pool. A person was leaf blowing at 7:30 in the morning waking my whole family up. She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!
Port Orleans Riverside 2013
tandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
RoosMama
Mouseketeer

I'm surprised at how many people seem not to like POR on this thread! Usually it seems like everyone's fav. Anyway, we loved Magnolia Terrace! Any of the mansion buildings are great. That said, I am from Alabama so southern architecture like that is like home to me. If you don't like that style, then perhaps POR isn't for you. but I hope you love your stay there!
RoosMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

We will be staying there in 18 days!! I can't wait!!!!!

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #21
mymickeyfans
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR in a Royal Room at Parterre Place, river view last October. I highly reccommend the mansion section. It was beautiful, peaceful and we loved watching the boat to DTD go up and down the river. You'll love it there!!

POR-10/8-10/14 2012
Paradise Palms - 10/11-10/20 2013
Windsor Hills - 11/7-11/15/2015
mymickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

I'm happy to see a few more positive reviews here -- it didn't really start off too well and I was getting worried. HA HA. Thanks for all the comments -- they are really appreciated. As much as we wanted to go back to CSR (because that is the only place we've been and knew we loved it), I had some anxiety with clicking on that "BOOK NOW" button and making our reservation at POR. It's always good to try new things, right? Made some dining reservations for places we didn't try out last year, too. So, I really think this year's trip will be quite different from last years. Can't wait to go, and my anxiety level has lowered a bit as well

Thanks again for all the replies.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
luckyfin
Coming out of hiding

We love love love POR. We are getting ready to book our next trip and while I would like to try something new my love for this resort is nagging at me. We stayed at Pop Century last trip and we totally regretted it. We have never had issues with the food court being busy but we eat breakfast on the run and probably miss the crowd at other times during the day.
POR 2011 DD's 1st Trip Pop 2012 POFQ 2013
luckyfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #24
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandj View Post
Stayed in a Royal Room near the pool. A person was leaf blowing at 7:30 in the morning waking my whole family up. She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!
This is the second time I have seen you post this so its evidently really bothering you. You should send an email to Disney to let them know. And FWIW, this could really happen in any section of the resort or at any resort at all so I would not discourage people from staying at POR. If this is the worst thing that happened on your trip, then you had a great trip . Oh, and P.S., who can hear someone yell anything when they are working behind a leaf blower? I could be in my husband's face yelling something and he couldn't hear me if the leaf blower is on. Just saying.

OP - if you re considering Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace, I wouldn't to point out that their location is essentially the same. Magnolia Terrace is a few steps closer to POFQ if you intend to walk there at all. But, the bridge to the main pool and main buildings is directly in the middle of Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace so it doesn't matter either way for that.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
OP - if you re considering Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace, I wouldn't to point out that their location is essentially the same. Magnolia Terrace is a few steps closer to POFQ if you intend to walk there at all. But, the bridge to the main pool and main buildings is directly in the middle of Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace so it doesn't matter either way for that.
Thank you so much for this information That would have eventually been one of my next questions. Good to know. Do you know if one is closer to the quiet pool, or are they also about the same distance apart? Thanks again!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #26
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

For background we've stayed at every Value (with exception of the suites at AoA) and Moderate resort. Far and away POR is our favorite. I lived on the Texas/LA border for a few years and love the Alligator Bayou rooms. Princess & the Frog Themed and felt like I was back in the bayou. Great theming. The only drawback was our room was in building 39 which seemed equidistant from the two bus stops and the main lobby. That was the only drawback. It is very nice to ride the boat over to DTD and just stroll around the grounds. Beautiful resort, have a good time!
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on booking at POR! I hear it is a ery nice resort. The pool and slide are great the food is very good and there is even a boat to DTD. From the pictures i have seen it looks very peaceful and beautiful. Put of all of the moderates this is the one i would like to stay at the most!

Have a great time and would love to ear a trip report once you get back!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post
Congratulations on booking at POR! I hear it is a ery nice resort. The pool and slide are great the food is very good and there is even a boat to DTD. From the pictures i have seen it looks very peaceful and beautiful. Put of all of the moderates this is the one i would like to stay at the most!

Have a great time and would love to ear a trip report once you get back!

-FantasiaMagic
Thanks so much! I will definitely report back about the resort. Didn't do a trip report last year, so maybe I'll attempt one this time. It will be nice to be able to compare CSR and POR for myself. We enjoyed CSR very much and were all set to book there, until I started researching other resorts. Once that happened, it was pretty much all over . . . I wanted to try another resort. So, we shall see, but I am really beginning to look forward to it.

Thanks everyone for helping calm my nerves a bit. You all are great!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #29
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandj View Post

I'm sure had she/he not continued they would have gotten in trouble for not finishing their job..

POR is gorgeous. We stayed there back when it was Dixie Landings and can not wait to stay again in 199 days. We stayed at POFQ in Sept and spent a good deal of time at POR..its a great resort.. lots of Deluxe feel without the deluxe price!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #30
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

Okay, I think I am officially excited to stay at POR!! The more I hear and the more pictures I see, I just can't wait to experience this beautiful resort!! We're about 52 days away -- so it will be here before we know it

Thanks so much everyone for the responses

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: