Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #3646
jemh628
Mouseketeer
 
jemh628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

One other thing- you do have a long stay, so it is important that you are happy with the room. If after a night or two in the room you find that it doesn't meet your needs for some reason (location or noise level)- I think it would be worth checking with the front desk to see if there is something else available that you could move to. It might be worth the switch. Just wanted to let you know that option is available.
I was not aware that was an option, so thank you again. I am so excited to just be at BC that I cannot imagine having an issue but then the practical girl in me tells me not to be naive and to think about potential problems. Quite a battle the two of them have on a daily basis, rainbows and unicorns vs. snakes and alligators!
__________________
>
jemh628 is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #3647
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Quick question for others with trips in the mid-to-late May time period (which latest speculation suggests MAY be first phased rollout of fastpass plus) - has anybody seen anything? Yesterday I added my mom's reservation to our "my disney experience", and the mde then had some brief reference to fp+ as part of "what to enjoy", etc. I have repeatedly tried to retrace my steps, but no longer see any such discussion on either app or website for either her reservation or ours.
EagleScout is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #3648
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 698

Going back to the safe question I do think there are different sizes, last year my macbook pro wouldn't fit in the safe in BWI CL but it has fit in the safe in OKW.
__________________
Ziggy is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #3649
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Quick question for others with trips in the mid-to-late May time period (which latest speculation suggests MAY be first phased rollout of fastpass plus) - has anybody seen anything? Yesterday I added my mom's reservation to our "my disney experience", and the mde then had some brief reference to fp+ as part of "what to enjoy", etc. I have repeatedly tried to retrace my steps, but no longer see any such discussion on either app or website for either her reservation or ours.
I would love to know this too, but sadly I can't even access the My Disney Experience site!! Going to try again.
__________________
me and DH DD9, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #3650
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I would love to know this too, but sadly I can't even access the My Disney Experience site!! Going to try again.
Jenny- I am an eternal optimist, but your temporary technical glitches may be a good sign (assuming you view the fp+ as a good thing) - maybe they are about to unveil the next phase of the "master plan", and are having to tinker with the MDE site?
EagleScout is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #3651
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Jenny- I am an eternal optimist, but your temporary technical glitches may be a good sign (assuming you view the fp+ as a good thing) - maybe they are about to unveil the next phase of the "master plan", and are having to tinker with the MDE site?

ugh, but now I am also getting an error message on my droid app saying password unrecognized- as I said, maybe just the dark before the dawn.
EagleScout is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #3652
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer
 
BusyMom2Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 427

I'm trying to (finally) finish packing as we leave for BC on Wed! Woot!

Has anyone who's been lately received a bounceback offer in their rooms (is this something one can even expect at BC)?
__________________
Me, DH, DD(11), DS(9), DS(6)

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
BusyMom2Three is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #3653
SpartansFan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Going back to the safe question I do think there are different sizes, last year my macbook pro wouldn't fit in the safe in BWI CL but it has fit in the safe in OKW.
There must be because our BC safe wouldn't have fit one iPad, let alone the two (in slim protective covers) that we were hoping to fit in there. However, last year at the Boardwalk we easily fit the iPads and a valuable purse that I carry on occasion. This safe was about the size of a small thick book. Pretty useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
I'm trying to (finally) finish packing as we leave for BC on Wed! Woot!

Has anyone who's been lately received a bounceback offer in their rooms (is this something one can even expect at BC)?
We just checked out on Saturday and there was a 35% bounce back offer in our welcome papers. The dates we were interested in were not included in the offer so I'll just wait to book until late this year. We booked this visit with a 30% discount without much trouble. Loved the BC though.
SpartansFan is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #3654
ekmom
Mouseketeer
 
ekmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Troy Michigan
Posts: 362

Hopefully the weather forecast will change!

We're leaving for our trip on Friday and so far the forecast is for below average temps with highs only in the low 60's Much better than here of course but we were hoping for upper 70's especially since it's our first YC stay!
__________________
ekmom is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #3655
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!
 
nannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 1,289

Undercover Tourist

Question.. I know Undercover Tourist offers a discount on tickets, but I don't remember what the code is... I know I subscribe to the online emails that gives the code, but don't remember what that is I purchased a season pass for myself since I'll be there a lot this year, but I need to purchase a ticket for Mr. Nannette (DH Joe) when he comes with me in September and wanted to do this sooner rather than later! Who remembers the info needed to get the discount through Undercover Tourist??

TIA
~Nannette
__________________



nannette is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #3656
debelfish
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 201

Is there no salads available at HH or BC Marketplace?

I remember eating a great salad at poolside several days on a previous trip. I just looked at the new menus and don't see any. Where could we go to get a chicken type of salad to eat?
Thanks!
Elizabeth
debelfish is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #3657
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette
Question.. I know Undercover Tourist offers a discount on tickets, but I don't remember what the code is... I know I subscribe to the online emails that gives the code, but don't remember what that is I purchased a season pass for myself since I'll be there a lot this year, but I need to purchase a ticket for Mr. Nannette (DH Joe) when he comes with me in September and wanted to do this sooner rather than later! Who remembers the info needed to get the discount through Undercover Tourist??

TIA
~Nannette
There is a link provided in the Mousesavers Newsletter every month. Just search your email for the last newsletter if you subscribe.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #3658
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer
 
BusyMom2Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartansFan
We just checked out on Saturday and there was a 35% bounce back offer in our welcome papers. The dates we were interested in were not included in the offer so I'll just wait to book until late this year. We booked this visit with a 30% discount without much trouble. Loved the BC though.
Good to hear--thank you!
__________________
Me, DH, DD(11), DS(9), DS(6)

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
BusyMom2Three is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #3659
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!
 
nannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 1,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
There is a link provided in the Mousesavers Newsletter every month. Just search your email for the last newsletter if you subscribe.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Yep that would be the one I subscribe to.. thanks!

~Nannette
__________________



nannette is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #3660
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 10,536

Anyone need an afternoon "pick-me-up?"





One of our "friends" is torturing us from the World!

.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-25-2013 at 02:31 PM.
natebenma is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: