Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
Dismomrn3
Earning My Ears

Booking CR garden wing standard view room

1. My family and I are planning a trip for the end of January 2014. Yesterday i called to book with a room only reservation. The room that we wanted, CR garden wing standard view was booked up. How often should I call back to check on availability of this room? Any expericences with this? I know these rooms fill quickly but 1 year in advance? I booked a WL standard view room. This will be fine with us as we have stayed there before but wanted to try something new. We have 3 small kiddos.
2. Also if my parents also want a room at CR near us, is the best thing to do is book those rooms at the same time? Will both rooms be in my name or can you transfer one room to someone else's name?

Hope my questions are not too confusing. I am a new member here but long time lurker. I have gotten some invaluable info from this site in the past and present.
Dismomrn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismomrn3 View Post
1. My family and I are planning a trip for the end of January 2014. Yesterday i called to book with a room only reservation. The room that we wanted, CR garden wing standard view was booked up. How often should I call back to check on availability of this room? Any expericences with this? I know these rooms fill quickly but 1 year in advance? I booked a WL standard view room. This will be fine with us as we have stayed there before but wanted to try something new. We have 3 small kiddos. These rooms fill up fast due to conventions. There is only one wing so few rooms as well. You don't have to call to check, you can go online everyday if you like. People cancel all of the time. The garden view is a good option as well.

2. Also if my parents also want a room at CR near us, is the best thing to do is book those rooms at the same time? Will both rooms be in my name or can you transfer one room to someone else's name? You can put both reservations in your name. Or you can have your parents put the reservation in their name. You can ask to have the reservations associated so that the room assigners know that the parties are traveling together. They try to keep rooms near one another but WDW does not make guarantees.

Hope my questions are not too confusing. I am a new member here but long time lurker. I have gotten some invaluable info from this site in the past and present.
Not confusing at all. We have stayed at CR before and going back to BLT in the Summer. Hope you have a great vacation!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: