Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #31
CSI:Jude
Earning My Ears

I looked at staying on site for a few nights and I thought maybe we could take advantage and get DDP added so we can eat on site at some nice places so I did some calculations. WOW the results were staggering. There's no way we would recoup our money spent on DDP, especially with the $-£ exchange rate at the moment. So we decided to leave it and pay OOP should we do it.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #32
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Our first year we had the free quick service dining plan at a value hotel for 3 adults and 1 child and we had a infant. The free dining over the room discount was a no brainer for us. It was great value!!

The next year was free dining at POR (moderate/reg dining plan) 3 adults and 1 child and a toddler. Again it was a no brainer the room discount did not come close to the free dining value.

Last year we stayed at Poly. The room discount won. It would have been 800.00 more to add the dining plan to our package and we all felt that we would rather take our chances and see if we ended up paying more than 800.00 for dining or breaking about even. We all felt that it was just too much money to have tied up specifically in food and in addition to being tied up in food we would be told by Disney what we could and could not get on the dining plan. We broke about even. We all got exactly what we wanted to eat and drink at every meal though.

This time it would be 1100.00 to add the dining plan to our package. We have 4 table service meals planned, 3 are breakfast. I suspect we will break just about even again as far as pricing goes but we will again get what we want when we want and even if we are 10.00 under the dining plan price we can use that additional 10.00 however we want it will not be specifically tied into eating.

That is why we will never purchase the dining plan. It works for a lot of people just not us when it is purchased.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #33
stky6
Whereabouts Unknown

Whenever we go to a park, Disney, Kings Island, Cedar Point....for any big meals we always use the DRDP...."Dodge Ram Dining Plan"....we get in the truck and either get stuff out of the cooler in the back or drive off site somewhere. Leaves all that extra cash for funnel cakes, blue ice cream and caramel apples in the parks!

Fort Wilderness August 2008

Universal (Left the kids with Grammy because we wanted to check out Universal to make sure they would like it before we took them there trip ) 2009

Watch our son march in the parade with Ross Marching Band 2013

August 2014 Disney/Universal
stky6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #34
Plaid Sheep
What you get when two areas collide

It all boils down to the personal choice of how you eat.

We'd rather pace ourselves throughout the day and eat like hobbits because of all the stuff out there to try.

I don't want to stuff myself at one sitting and be a bloated porky pie sleeping off her food coma on a bench.. or in Hall of Presidents......or the Great Movie Ride.... or the nursing chair in Baby Care....

Plaid Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: