Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #35
Subi WRX
Hangs with Jerry Springer thugs at Universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandNessa View Post
Personal preference, but I would not sail again if we were stuck on 11. I'm sure some people think it fine, but 1.we did not like being on a different floor from the lounge 2. Elevators (forward) were a madhouse after deck parties. You'd be waiting in the bank, and a crowd would come through from outside, and have no regard that you were already waiting and plow through, hogging the elevator you'd been waiting for. 3. Enclosed verandas on 11. This acts like an incubator, a greenhouse, and a megaphone. If you have families on either side, be prepared to hear EVERY conversation and body function of your neighbors. They don't have to be yelling. Just imagine everything they do and say is put through a megaphone. If you have smokers on both sides (we did), there is just no where for the smoke to go. Imagine youre stuck in a greenhouse with smokers, and youre the only one who doesn't. Also, it gets wicked warm on there. If you are already sailing during a warm time of year, expect your balcony to act as a sweat box.

Deck 12 is on the same floor as the lounge, and not as many people come in from outside on Deck 12 as they do 11. The verandas on 12 are not enclosed.

If there is a chance to move to 12, take it. If the choice isn't there currently, check everyday for an opening. And then make the change quickly.

Not inaccurate. I would rather be on deck 11 than 10, but if deck 12 is open, that is a no brainer.

My wife will only book certain rooms as well. Her preference is for the midships on the Magic/Wonder. If she can't get a midship ahead of time, we're not booking.

I always wondered if they wouldn't do a Tiered Suite Category. Like Category T1 (V1) for Deck 12 on D/F and cheaper Category T2 (V2) for Deck 11. Or Category T1 for midships on M/W and Category T2 for non-midships. Would make sense.
Subi WRX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: