Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
jacobjennasmom
Earning My Ears

Akershus for Breakfast or Dinner? And Dessert Party Question

Hi!
I am fairly new to these boards. I have been reading them for quite some time but haven't posted much.

We are going on our 2nd Disney trip in 34 days!! Yay! I have quite a few reservations made and was looking over what I have today and was wondering if someone could help me. We have Akershus scheduled for a dinner and also a breakfast as I wasn't sure what my family would prefer. We did the dinner last year and really enjoyed it but was wondering if we should try the breakfast this time around. Do the same princesses usually appear at breakfast? Also, is the food pretty good at breakfast? We have Tusker House scheduled also for breakfast for one other day.

My other question was we have the Dessert party scheduled for our first full day there. I have an ADR at the Plaza for a lunch and dinner as I wasn't sure what we would be doing and I wasn't sure if I'd get the Dessert Party reservation. I would like to try and do BOG for lunch that day earlyish, probably try and get in line right at 10:30. Do you think the Plaza for dinner around 6:30 will be too much food before the Dessert party? We could try and grab a different CS meal slightly earlier as I know my kids (and DH and I!) won't be able to go from 11am until 8pm with out food. Just didn't quite know what to do with the Dessert Party and dinner. I had read somewhere that you don't need a dinner before the DP but wasn't sure what others thought.

Thanks so much for your input! You all are so helpful!

jacobjennasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Tgtown
Mouseketeer

We do the dessert party every trip and either eat a late lunch or a very light dinner. DW, DD10, and DD9 would skip eating all day for the party if they could.

Next Trip March 2013
Tgtown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
mint
lovely

IMO Akershus breakfast is great. I enjoyed the foods they brought and I liked what they offer on the buffet as well. I wish there were waffles, but dining with the princesses is a decent trade off. My husband who is a breakfast food lover enjoyed it and demanded I book it again for our upcoming trip the second we started making ADRs. Last time we saw Ariel, Alice, Jasmine, and Cinderella (and Belle at the front of course).

WDW: 2/93 MK daytrip - 2/04 MK daytrip - 3-4/11 Shades Of Green - 3/13 AOA
DL: 1/12 Disneyland daytrip - 10/12 Mickey's Halloween Party, Disneyland & DCA
❤ currently saving for: 10k fundraiser! ❤
mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobjennasmom View Post
Hi!

We are going on our 2nd Disney trip in 34 days!! Yay! I have quite a few reservations made and was looking over what I have today and was wondering if someone could help me. We have Akershus scheduled for a dinner and also a breakfast as I wasn't sure what my family would prefer. We did the dinner last year and really enjoyed it but was wondering if we should try the breakfast this time around. Do the same princesses usually appear at breakfast? Also, is the food pretty good at breakfast? We have Tusker House scheduled also for breakfast for one other day.
The same princesses are scheduled for every meal, however no princess is guaranteed. You meet Belle in the foyer and then inside Snow White, Ariel, Aurora and Cinderella will come to your tables. In the event that Belle is unwell, Ariel will take her place at the front. If any of the other princesses are unwell, Alice, Mary Poppins, Jasmine and on a very rare occasion Mulan will appear.

For breakfast, they offer eggs, bacon, breakfast sausages, various bread, various fruit, usual breakfast drinks (juice, coffee, tea ect) There is also a cold buffet that is offered.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 02-25-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: