Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #2716
Paul Couturier
Future Disneymooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerrn View Post
We are also checking in tomorrow! So excited! Honeymoon Suite CL here we come!!!
I'll be staying at WL in a Honeymoon Suite myself with my new wife the last week of September!

Can you give us a review when you return?

Paul

Future Husband of Maria

Disneymooning 9/22-9/29, WL CL
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #2717
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I have scanned back several (10) pages and don't see the answer to the question: when are the Christmas decorations in the lobby up? (just a ballpark guess will do!) I want to go back during the holidays this year, and would like to make sure that the tree is up! We had a trip planned to the WL for April, and changed to the GF....but will be ready for some cozy time at the Lodge come Christmas-time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I had also gone back through the pages to find out when the decorations went up because I plan to return to see them. The best I could figure out from the comments is that they were up around Nov 19th.
Early November.

Enjoy!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #2718
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Early November.

Enjoy!
Great!!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #2719
Tinkerbelljean
Earning My Ears

Bluecastle,

Let me try and answer your questions. Regarding the flow of water, I think the water pressure is fine. The showers are equipped with low flow nozzles to decrease water use as an energy saving measure so water flow may not be what you are used to.

Beds were great-I have had back issues in the past, but no complaints from anyone this trip.

I was at VWL for a week in November and 8 days in February. We requested pool view both times. In November we were on the 5th floor in a 1 bdrm and this trip in 4535 and 4533 (2BRM lock off). We could see the pool from the balcony and were relatively close to the elevator which were our requests. Both visits we got quiet rooms with not too much walking. We could enjoy the Electric Parade on the balcony. Also birds visited the balcony.

The room in November was not that clean, cleanliness was better in February. In Nov. we had a glass/dish collection that resembled my Goodwill collection from college. Multiple sized glasses, 3 different types of wine glasses. I am sure you'd never see what we were given on a Marketing picture. Surfaces in the kitchen in November could have used a better cleaning. However, the angle of the light also caught everything at that time of year. Many things were missing from the room on both trips, November we needed pot holders, a paring knife, light bulbs replaced and we had a replacement lamp that didn't go with the room theme. We had to get batteries for the remote control in November. Many of these things should have been taken care of by former users, like burned out light bulbs and dead batteries. In Feb the Main bedroom TV did not work, upon investigation a cable on the tv was not connected, an easy fix. There were things left by prior users in the rooms, photo pass cards, receipts, Disney ribbons and Disney confetti. We had to get a new carafe as the one we had was broken and we needed pot holders again. The room was pretty clean, in February. It was missing a few finishing touches, like covers on the toilet paper dispenser but it was comfy.

Enough drawer space hmmm we had enough in the lock off. The person who had to sleep in the main living room on the sofa really did not have enough drawer space, but we made do. There is room in the closet. We don't bring that many clothes due to the washer.

The washer is one of the new energy efficient washers which makes a lot of noise. It bothered my in-laws a lot. I could not use it at bedtime as it kept them awake.

That is about all I can remember.

Jean
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #2720
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Just booked our second trip to the Lodge -- Dec 7-13, Courtyard Bunk Bed. Can't wait to get back!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #2721
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelljean View Post
Bluecastle,

Let me try and answer your questions. Regarding the flow of water, I think the water pressure is fine. The showers are equipped with low flow nozzles to decrease water use as an energy saving measure so water flow may not be what you are used to.

Beds were great-I have had back issues in the past, but no complaints from anyone this trip.

I was at VWL for a week in November and 8 days in February. We requested pool view both times. In November we were on the 5th floor in a 1 bdrm and this trip in 4535 and 4533 (2BRM lock off). We could see the pool from the balcony and were relatively close to the elevator which were our requests. Both visits we got quiet rooms with not too much walking. We could enjoy the Electric Parade on the balcony. Also birds visited the balcony.

The room in November was not that clean, cleanliness was better in February. In Nov. we had a glass/dish collection that resembled my Goodwill collection from college. Multiple sized glasses, 3 different types of wine glasses. I am sure you'd never see what we were given on a Marketing picture. Surfaces in the kitchen in November could have used a better cleaning. However, the angle of the light also caught everything at that time of year. Many things were missing from the room on both trips, November we needed pot holders, a paring knife, light bulbs replaced and we had a replacement lamp that didn't go with the room theme. We had to get batteries for the remote control in November. Many of these things should have been taken care of by former users, like burned out light bulbs and dead batteries. In Feb the Main bedroom TV did not work, upon investigation a cable on the tv was not connected, an easy fix. There were things left by prior users in the rooms, photo pass cards, receipts, Disney ribbons and Disney confetti. We had to get a new carafe as the one we had was broken and we needed pot holders again. The room was pretty clean, in February. It was missing a few finishing touches, like covers on the toilet paper dispenser but it was comfy.

Enough drawer space hmmm we had enough in the lock off. The person who had to sleep in the main living room on the sofa really did not have enough drawer space, but we made do. There is room in the closet. We don't bring that many clothes due to the washer.

The washer is one of the new energy efficient washers which makes a lot of noise. It bothered my in-laws a lot. I could not use it at bedtime as it kept them awake.

Jean
Thanks TBjean for your honest and detailed appraisal. Since we are driving, I am planning on bringing a few kitchen items of my own, (including thermal mugs for taking our coffee with us in the morning), and stopping at Wal-Mart or someplace to get paper goods on our way from Uni to WDW. I plan to check everything from faucets to lightbulbs as soon as we check in and before I unpack. This will not assure me that any/all issues will be addressed, but I don't want to discover any of this stuff after I have unpacked and gone into vacation mode!
I am glad to hear about the beds since that is something that will affect me the most. I guess I will just have to hope that the unit we get is thoroughly cleaned before we check in! Thanks for the tip about the washer. I probably wouldn't be doing laundry in the evenings, but it's good to know. (honestly, the only person who would be bothered by the noise would be me!)
Thanks again for your quick and thorough answers to my questions!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #2722
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelljean View Post
......The washer is one of the new energy efficient washers which makes a lot of noise. It bothered my in-laws a lot. I could not use it at bedtime as it kept them awake.

Jean
That must be new. We were at VWL in a dedicated two bedroom villa and we didn't have a HE washer, just the regular stackable. I didn't know they made HE in stackables.

I did just purchase a HE washer for my home and it is very quiet. All the noise I hear is the sweet little chimes when it if finished.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #2723
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Popping in to say that we'll be there in no time! A day early in fact. We are going to be arriving Tuesday evening rather than Wednesday afternoon. So excited
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #2724
PrincessPaczki
Mom of 2 Prince's

AngiTN, Have a Magical trip! Yaaaa for a day early.!
1992 - CBR
1993 - 2003 - OBX / BUSCH GARDENS VA.
2004 - BEACH CLUB / ROYAL PACIFIC
2005 - WILDERNESS LODGE
2006 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2007 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2008 - GRAND FLORIDIAN RPC
2010 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2011 - POLYNESIAN
2012 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2013 - CORONADO SPRINGS

Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #2725
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
Popping in to say that we'll be there in no time! A day early in fact. We are going to be arriving Tuesday evening rather than Wednesday afternoon. So excited
Yay! Have a magical trip, and especially enjoy that extra day! Can't wait to hear all about it!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 02-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #2726
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

I would love some opinions from WL lovers about a possible stay at an Epcot resort next June.

We adore/love the Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like home. With that said, we are planning on a trip in June and wanted to test the waters at an Epcot resort. Does anyone have a recomendation for one of them,and if so, why?

If it helps, the trip is my 15 year old son, my mother, and myself. We drive, so no magical express, and if needed, we would think of driving to parks.

Thank you in advance -

Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #2727
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser
I have scanned back several (10) pages and don't see the answer to the question: when are the Christmas decorations in the lobby up? (just a ballpark guess will do!) I want to go back during the holidays this year, and would like to make sure that the tree is up! We had a trip planned to the WL for April, and changed to the GF....but will be ready for some cozy time at the Lodge come Christmas-time!
We arrived on the Sunday before Thanksgiving this past year and everything was up.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #2728
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca
I would love some opinions from WL lovers about a possible stay at an Epcot resort next June.

We adore/love the Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like home. With that said, we are planning on a trip in June and wanted to test the waters at an Epcot resort. Does anyone have a recomendation for one of them,and if so, why?

If it helps, the trip is my 15 year old son, my mother, and myself. We drive, so no magical express, and if needed, we would think of driving to parks.

Thank you in advance -
We love the Beach Club because it is a short walk to Epcot, the Marketplace is located in that building and the theme of the resort appeals to us. The whole area is great. There is a boat to both HS and Epcot. There is a lot less bus riding to do when staying there, which is really nice.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the Epcot resorts.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #2729
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Hi again!

We've just about decided we're doing another WDW trip!! Aiming for Nov 9-16, 2013. We did November 2012 over Veteran's Day, so we're aiming for a few days later to try to avoid some of the crowd's, but still take advantage of the holiday off!

We'll be traveling with DD, who will be 26 months - so excited to see her reaction this time around!

We're thinking Woods View with a bunk bed...and keeping our fingers crossed for a pin and/or room only discount.

Glad to be joining you all again!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #2730
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC
Hi again!

We've just about decided we're doing another WDW trip!! Aiming for Nov 9-16, 2013. We did November 2012 over Veteran's Day, so we're aiming for a few days later to try to avoid some of the crowd's, but still take advantage of the holiday off!

We'll be traveling with DD, who will be 26 months - so excited to see her reaction this time around!

We're thinking Woods View with a bunk bed...and keeping our fingers crossed for a pin and/or room only discount.

Glad to be joining you all again!!
If you aren't against a room only reservation check with Disney to see if they have any rooms with the AAA discount. We are going the week after you and we're able to get a percent off. I think it was like 20%.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: