Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #226
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked On The Mouse View Post
I don't know if this is specific to the resort board, but I really dislike when people refer to Ohana as O'hana's, like it's an Irish pub. Not sure why, but it absolutely grates on me.
See? Should've just waited until I read the thread before I posted! Didn't come up in search at all. Ah well....

Last edited by lmc318; 02-24-2013 at 05:48 PM.
lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #227
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmc318 View Post
Ok, I haven't gotten through all of these posts, although I plan to. I HAVE used the search function for this thread and didn't see this, so I'm posting. It's not specific to resorts, but much of what is in this thread isn't anyway. Although it's in A resort, so I guess it counts.

For the love of God, it is 'Ohana. It is not an Irish restaurant run by the O'hana family.

Ok, I feel much better now!
Okay. I am one of the guilty for this pet peeve. However, it's from the Disney website that I got this from. Anytime (in the past - they have now changed it) I went to make an ADR when I looked up 'Ohana you had to put "O'hana" for it to come up. However, now they do have it correct as 'Ohana.

I'm sure I'll type it a few more times, but I promise not to stalk you on the DIS and just throw it in for the fun of it! Even though the thought of an Irish Version of 'Ohana's might be fun! My youngest DD's 1st birthday party was a combination of Stitch and shamrocks (loved Stitch and her bday is the day before St. Patrick's Day) - so it can be done!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #228
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Oh and I might as well insert my pet peeve - people acting inhumane. This is a discussion board - it is opinions and should never be an attack on anyone. I've been unhappy about comments here and there and yes I have once and only once commented back. However, I tried to be direct but not offensive. Sometimes things come out the wrong way and we need to forgive, forget and move on.

On that note - I'm normally not a fan of threads that want to discuss the negatives so I'm outta here!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #229
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday

Okay. I am one of the guilty for this pet peeve. However, it's from the Disney website that I got this from. Anytime (in the past - they have now changed it) I went to make an ADR when I looked up 'Ohana you had to put "O'hana" for it to come up. However, now they do have it correct as 'Ohana.

I'm sure I'll type it a few more times, but I promise not to stalk you on the DIS and just throw it in for the fun of it!
Lol! Please don't stalk me! :D

I'm game for another Irish pub anywhere though! An Irish luau?

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: