Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #646
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

As we walked through Cabanas I made a quick stop for the mural and then as I am clicking the picture I got a little photobomber!

So you weren't as lucky starting off with the "empty boat" pictures on this trip?

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #647
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Wait.....I'm Here.... need more pictures......

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #648
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I need a cruise. I wonder if the hubs would kill me for re-booking. I love your photography. You really take beautiful pics.
LOL! Mine would! I really want to get back on a ship, but I am just waiting it out to see how the year turns out for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
So you weren't as lucky starting off with the "empty boat" pictures on this trip?
no. It kind of irked me as the family saw I was trying to take a picture, but I know kids don't pay attention to that sort of stuff, even my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
Wait.....I'm Here.... need more pictures......
I am slowly but surely getting more edited. I am writing another TR as well and I want to get that one done soon so I can work exclusively on this one. But I might get another update here in the next day if time allows.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #649
MEK
DIS Veteran

At least your little photobomber was cute! That mural is pretty amazing.

The Sail Away Party looks crazy crowed, but still looks like a lot of fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #650
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
At least your little photobomber was cute! That mural is pretty amazing.

The Sail Away Party looks crazy crowed, but still looks like a lot of fun!
true.

Yes the sail away is fun. Most other lines really don't do alot to aknowledge that you are leaving. At least in my past experience ...we just started sailing.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #651
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, I am slowing catching up again. All of your pictures are spectacular, but I really like the group shot.

The cabin looks lovely, and lunch looks yummy.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #652
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen!

We are back and I am all caught up here as well. Love a day off after just one day back to work.

Wonderful pics of embarkation day, you brought a lot of fun memories of last week back to life.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #653
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Just looking at the view of the other ship from your verandah is enough to make ME a verandah snob. And I've never stepped foot on a cruise ship!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #654
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Looks like fun! I can't believe they didn't close the pool though during the sail-away party? I would be worried about someone falling in, as there isn't a railing in between there and the party-goers!

Oh well! I'm just glad you had better weather this time!

Don't go too fast with this TR! We leave Friday for a week in the sun, and I don't want too much to catch up on!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #655
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm still here. I was back on page 24 at AKL! I spent last night and tonight catching up.

It always amazes me how much stuff you can get done in one day. I feel like when I'm on vacation time speeds up and gets away from me.

I loved seeing your MNSSHP pictures. That's my favorite party!

I'm glad the great suitcase fiasco worked out and your mom got her luggage back. It sounds like it was a very stressful morning until you got to the ship. It looks like your relaxing and having fun now!

It seems I missed your birthday. So Happy Late Birthday!

I promise to do better keeping up
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #656
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, I am slowing catching up again. All of your pictures are spectacular, but I really like the group shot.

The cabin looks lovely, and lunch looks yummy.
Thanks. It was a good lunch. Once on the ship, the worries started to float away. Yes we had a few stressful times, but they aren't so bad on a Disney ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Hi Jen!

We are back and I am all caught up here as well. Love a day off after just one day back to work.

Wonderful pics of embarkation day, you brought a lot of fun memories of last week back to life.
You should win an award for being caught up. I just am so behind constantly anymore. I mostly work on my own report and slip in a few TR's if I get a chance. I know I will get to read them all eventually.
I wish I was there last week too. So jealous of all your cruises. Are you platinum now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Just looking at the view of the other ship from your verandah is enough to make ME a verandah snob. And I've never stepped foot on a cruise ship!
Yes. Veranda's are so nice. All rooms are nice, but just sitting out and watching the world go by is something extra. Claire will be a bit heartbroken if we ever go to an inside. She's a bit spoiled now. Well she's spoiled in a lot of ways. As she was throwing a fit the other night I reminded her how she gets things and has done things that most of the kids she knows has not done and she should think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Looks like fun! I can't believe they didn't close the pool though during the sail-away party? I would be worried about someone falling in, as there isn't a railing in between there and the party-goers!

Oh well! I'm just glad you had better weather this time!

Don't go too fast with this TR! We leave Friday for a week in the sun, and I don't want too much to catch up on!
I heard on the Dream that they normally keep the one pool open and sometimes booth. I think on the full sailings they might close them.
I plan to finish my other TR today if all goes well. And then full time on this one! I actually have an update ready, but I'm not sure I'll get it up today yet.
I wish I was leaving for a week in the sun. I have something coming up planned, but it's not Florida and not sure how warm it will be. But it will be fun, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Hi I'm still here. I was back on page 24 at AKL! I spent last night and tonight catching up.

It always amazes me how much stuff you can get done in one day. I feel like when I'm on vacation time speeds up and gets away from me.

I loved seeing your MNSSHP pictures. That's my favorite party!

I'm glad the great suitcase fiasco worked out and your mom got her luggage back. It sounds like it was a very stressful morning until you got to the ship. It looks like your relaxing and having fun now!

It seems I missed your birthday. So Happy Late Birthday!

I promise to do better keeping up
If I remember right, didn't you write a TR on another board a few years back about the halloween party. I think yours were the first pictures I ever saw of the parade and party.
I have wanted to go ever since.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #657
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You should win an award for being caught up. I just am so behind constantly anymore. I mostly work on my own report and slip in a few TR's if I get a chance. I know I will get to read them all eventually.
I wish I was there last week too. So jealous of all your cruises. Are you platinum now?
You are so sweet, Jen!
I would not be caught up if it had not been for that day off. For a while it looked like I would never get caught up.

It was awesome last week. We had so much fun. And YES, we turned platinum this cruise. First thing off the cruise .... I went and checked my status.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #658
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Jen, I didn't write a TR about my Halloween trip but I did post all of my pictures.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #659
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You are so sweet, Jen!
I would not be caught up if it had not been for that day off. For a while it looked like I would never get caught up.

It was awesome last week. We had so much fun. And YES, we turned platinum this cruise. First thing off the cruise .... I went and checked my status.
I would too. So fun to be Platinum ....some day ...many years from now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Jen, I didn't write a TR about my Halloween trip but I did post all of my pictures.
LOL. Ok, maybe I saw your pictures...or I read someone elses TR. LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #660
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen,

I just wanted to say that I'm having a blast following along with your trip and eagerly await the next update. We are a family of 6 but we took grandma and grandpa with us on our last cruise in 11 on the Dream, and it's funny to read about your folks because they sound just like my wife's parents. It's always fun to vacation with relatives!! :D

I miss the ship and love remembering all the different areas and events through your pictures.

Mark
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: