Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #16
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
This is a test. It is only a test. They are only taking a small number of people. It is only ONE meal in an entire stay. For a limited time. How do you extrapolate this to denying "perks" to a large segment of the WDW-going public?

It's a whole different ballgame if they go online full time and only deluxe guests at monorail resorts are allowed to pre-book their BOG lunches. But does anybody actually see this as a possiblility? Just trying to inject a little reality into this dreamscape.
This, this, THIS! No need for me to retype it--you said exactly what I was thinking. Let's all take a deep breath.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Clearly it's a consipiracy
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's just a test. I don't get being upset that only certain resorts are being used for testing. Maybe they picked resorts near MK where guests could be more likely to participate in the test.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It's just a test. I don't get being upset that only certain resorts are being used for testing. Maybe they picked resorts near MK where guests could be more likely to participate in the test.
Just to be clear, personally, I am not upset in the least. I was simply pointing out that if one wants a true statistical sampling, the test should utilize a more diverse test group. I don't see this as a denial of a perk whatsoever. But the feedback will certainly come from a skewed socioeconomic grouping which could be easily avoided by simply adding one Value property to the test. Were one to do a test for feedback on food quality, one would not randomly sample guests who have reservations at Victoria & Alberts and leave out all people who have ADRs at Chef Mickey's. That said, the test is probably geared more toward efficiency than quality, and as such, it shouldn't matter all that much who they use as the test subjects.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Just to be clear, personally, I am not upset in the least. I was simply pointing out that if one wants a true statistical sampling, the test should utilize a more diverse test group. I don't see this as a denial of a perk whatsoever. But the feedback will certainly come from a skewed socioeconomic grouping which could be easily avoided by simply adding one Value property to the test. Were one to do a test for feedback on food quality, one would not randomly sample guests who have reservations at Victoria & Alberts and leave out all people who have ADRs at Chef Mickey's. That said, the test is probably geared more toward efficiency than quality, and as such, it shouldn't matter all that much who they use as the test subjects.
I want to clarify that as well, per my original post (There are far many more important things to get truly upset about)--- I just felt that it was a bit odd that they only selected guests from the Deluxe resorts--- (JimmyV said the same)- Maybe it WAS just logistics---
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
bwang123

hopefully all races and the handicap are included in this random testing or there could be lawsuits.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
hopefully all races and the handicap are included in this random testing or there could be lawsuits.
Are you implying that all races and handicaps wouldn't be represented at Deluxe resorts? And where did it say that this was a random test?

If they are simply testing the functionality and efficiency of advance bookings for lunch, why would they need a random sampling?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #23
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123
Well that's a random and bizarre statement to make.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #24
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum
And where did it say that this was a random test?
"Randomly selected guests at the Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian will receive a FastPass+ card with a specified arrival time for lunch (counter service) at the Be Our Guest restaurant in the new Fantasyland."

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #25
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Why must y'all take the troll bait?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: