Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
3happydancers
DIS Veteran
 
3happydancers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,669

How does this work???

We are a family of 3, on the dining plan. On one particular day we are treating 2 other family members to a park day and dinner (they are not on the dining plan). We are eating together. Can I use my credits for all of us to eat or do I need to split the bill using 3 dining credits for my family and paying for 2 OOP? I need to know so I can plan accordingly. Thanks guys!
__________________
DH DW DD 16



2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -
 
Allison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,697

You will have to pay out of pocket for them. You can't use dining credits for others.
__________________
LIFE IS GOOD
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
3happydancers
DIS Veteran
 
3happydancers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
You will have to pay out of pocket for them. You can't use dining credits for others.
Thanks Allison!
__________________
DH DW DD 16



2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
We are a family of 3, on the dining plan. On one particular day we are treating 2 other family members to a park day and dinner (they are not on the dining plan). We are eating together. Can I use my credits for all of us to eat or do I need to split the bill using 3 dining credits for my family and paying for 2 OOP? I need to know so I can plan accordingly. Thanks guys!
Your KTTW will indicate the number of guests on your reservation on the dining plan and you will be limited to those for each meal. So if the third member of your family is under ten, but at least three, your KTTW will indicate 2A 1C. If your third family member is at least ten, it will say 3A.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,168

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
We are a family of 3, on the dining plan. On one particular day we are treating 2 other family members to a park day and dinner (they are not on the dining plan). We are eating together. Can I use my credits for all of us to eat or do I need to split the bill using 3 dining credits for my family and paying for 2 OOP? I need to know so I can plan accordingly. Thanks guys!
As others have said, you cannot use your DDp credits to pay for your guests. However, it's very easy to split the bill. Just tell your server which of you are on the plan and which are not. They'll bring you two bills at the end of the meal. I've found that it's easier to tell them at the start than afterwards at the end which folks are using credits and which are not.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
3happydancers
DIS Veteran
 
3happydancers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Your KTTW will indicate the number of guests on your reservation on the dining plan and you will be limited to those for each meal. So if the third member of your family is under ten, but at least three, your KTTW will indicate 2A 1C. If your third family member is at least ten, it will say 3A.
Ahh, this makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
As others have said, you cannot use your DDp credits to pay for your guests. However, it's very easy to split the bill. Just tell your server which of you are on the plan and which are not. They'll bring you two bills at the end of the meal. I've found that it's easier to tell them at the start than afterwards at the end which folks are using credits and which are not.
This is what I'll do. Certainly easy enough and I am guessing I can charge my cousins's meals to my cc/room key?
__________________
DH DW DD 16



2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
Ahh, this makes perfect sense.

This is what I'll do. Certainly easy enough and I am guessing I can charge my cousins's meals to my cc/room key?
You can do that. And also the tip as well since that is not included in the stardard dining plan.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
We are a family of 3, on the dining plan. On one particular day we are treating 2 other family members to a park day and dinner (they are not on the dining plan). We are eating together. Can I use my credits for all of us to eat or do I need to split the bill using 3 dining credits for my family and paying for 2 OOP? I need to know so I can plan accordingly. Thanks guys!
We have done what you want on do. We were able to use our TS credits on friends that met us for lunch. That was two years ago and maybe it depends on the restaurant. We spoke to the manager first and explained that we wanted to treat these friends and they let us use the table credits. If not we would have put the balance to the room but they let us do it. I would talk to the manager and see. They might do it.
__________________
Me DH DD DD
DS DD Dog

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.