Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Lost DCL Luggage Tags/Booklet

27 Days till our cruise and I have not gotten my luggage tags or booklet yet. DBF got his 2 weeks ago tomorrow.

He called today and the CM said they were sent last week and the CM was puzzled as to why they haven't arrived since I live in Central FL.

CM said that if I don't get them and want new documents, we'll have to pay $50???!!!!!!!!

At this point, we already have one booklet and don't need two. I can't imagine how it would cost that much to reprint two luggage tags that are printed for free with DME.

Has anyone experienced this before?? What did you do???

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

You can just get more luggage tags from the porters when you get to the port. People on our cruise at the end of March just got theirs last week, so they might just be lost in the system somewhere. There really isn't anything critical in the cruise docs they send you.
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Mine were lost and we cruise in less than 2 weeks. Our TA just stated to make sure to print out the docs from the web and to get luggage tags from the porters at the port. I'm gonna bring some address labels so I'm not standing there holding things up filling out tags.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Just to add to the reassuring posts above...

The document book is nice but you don't really need anything in there -- to me it's a summary of all the same information you probably already know from your reservation, itinerary, port adventure reservations, etc.

I take the book with me and then it comes back mostly unused.

The luggage tags are the only "needed" thing and it's nice to have them, but as above, the porters can make out ones for you on the spot when you arrive at the terminal.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks everyone!

I called DCL just before they closed at 8 and was told to call back tomorrow when the booklet/tag people are working. She did tell me the info was mailed out on Feb 7th..eek! I told her at this point, I don't even need the booklet but the tags would be nice as it is my first cruise ever and I'd like to have something with my name on to save. We'll see what happens!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Thanks everyone!

I called DCL just before they closed at 8 and was told to call back tomorrow when the booklet/tag people are working. She did tell me the info was mailed out on Feb 7th..eek! I told her at this point, I don't even need the booklet but the tags would be nice as it is my first cruise ever and I'd like to have something with my name on to save. We'll see what happens!
If your BF only needs one tag, you can use his other one.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks everyone! I talked to DCL this morning and they are sending new tags for free. At this point it will be 3 weeks on Thurs that they were mailed so I'm guessing it's lost or thrown away by a fellow tenant in my apartment!

I did find it very odd that when I called both last night and tonight that neither asked for an address/DOB/etc. for security purposes!?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: