Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #3616
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Yes...our new dates are arrival on 5/17 and checking out on 5/27. Now that we have 2 extra days I would love some suggestions on things to do....other than visit the parks. I think we will need a day or two to just chill and relax ( we aren't young like most of you here on this board, our 10 grandchildren can verify that for you!)

Jan
You could definitely spend a day just enjoying the YC/BC resorts and the boardwalk area. Then maybe the other day head to Downtown Disney!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #3617
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Where were all you people when MickeyT was in charge of the list!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
Our first stay at the BC!!! September 29th to October 4th Mother-daughter food and wine trip! Can't wait!!

Can you add us to your Be Our Guest List? Thank you!!!

I would be glad to add you to the list. A mother-daughter F&W getaway sounds awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Lucky! I love F&W- and what better place to stay!

Could I be added to the B.O.G. list? We'll be at YC August 3-9!

I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Yes...our new dates are arrival on 5/17 and checking out on 5/27. Now that we have 2 extra days I would love some suggestions on things to do....other than visit the parks. I think we will need a day or two to just chill and relax ( we aren't young like most of you here on this board, our 10 grandchildren can verify that for you!)

Jan
Thanks for the clarification on the dates.

I'll make the additions and changes to the Be Our Guest list in the morning.

Dee
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #3618
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Old 02-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #3619
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I have a question about the BC/YC room safes. I've seen some pictures of the safe that shows a really narrow safe that has a metal key. Did they replace these with ones that have a combination you can enter? Carrying around a metal key is not ideal, and I'd worry about losing it. Can someone enlighten me?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #3620
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Beaches and Cream actually doesn't take ADR's. It's 1st come, 1st serve. You should be all set and just hope you hit a non busy period.
In case Beaches n Cream's too busy or you need another non ADR place Espn & the brewery at Boardwalk are 2 other restaurants that don't take reservations!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #3621
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Hey everyone I've missed you all!!!!! I'm so excited to have another YC/BC stay booked so I can come back and hang out here on this thread again! We will be returning to the YC this May, our last stay was August 2012 at the BC, and our last time at the YC was March 2012. What's the latest on Hurricane Hannah's? Is it all completed? I need to scroll back through this thread and catch up on all the news. I've missed being here!!

Also a question, what's the difference between YC CL standard and GV? Previously we've always been standard, overlooking the front entrance, so I'm curious as to where we will be this time since I booked as GV. Do we have a chance for a gazebo view? Maybe a partially obstructed lake view? It was only an extra $5 per night so I figured it was worth the chance of maybe getting something better. Even though I love the room locations of standard because they are so close to the lounge.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to go read pages and try to catch up!
We will be there in May too. What are your dates? I'm a fan of yours from way back in the day when you did your Travel Channel Ultimate Fan Show. We had it on DVR for years. Hope we get to see you.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #3622
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

I'm home!! Had a great time at Disney! I wasn't at the YC/BC this time... I was at SSR and had a good time! Thank you to all who wished me a safe and fun trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just letting you all know I am back in the country. Atlanta airport. I was able to find a bartender in mexico to make me a sunken treasure. Boarding soon. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Welcome back.. I'm a bit late, but I just returned home today!

~Nannette

Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #3623
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
You could definitely spend a day just enjoying the YC/BC resorts and the boardwalk area.
So true!! We just returned from a 9-day trip earlier this month, and loved our slow days in the Epcot resort area! One morning, we went over to DHS for a few last ToT rides and then spent the rest of the day relaxing at SAB and on the SEA RACERS at the YC marina. Soon, you will all tire of me raving about those sea racers, but for now, I just have to put in another plug. It was my husband's idea in the first place, and while I was timing the walk from Picabu to YC, I discovered he had rented boats. Our 13-year-old could drive and loved it. Our 12-year-old was too short to drive, and was a little scared riding with his older brother, but gave it a big thumbs up in the end. I didn't think I would really want to drive, but I loved it (and hit zero friendship boats while doing so - yay!) Our 6-year-old was a happy passenger. So between SAB, shopping, eating, renting sea racers, enjoying the CL lounge - wonderful day!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #3624
bell.of.the.ball
DIS Veteran

August 17-23

Heading down there for my first stay. Now I can cross another resort of my list.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #3625
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
We will be there in May too. What are your dates? I'm a fan of yours from way back in the day when you did your Travel Channel Ultimate Fan Show. We had it on DVR for years. Hope we get to see you.

What was this show? I'm not familiar with it. Lately there's no actual travel shows on travel channel in my opinion, theyre all reality shows! I loved watching the shows on cruises & exotic destinations!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #3626
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

I have a Disney question that's from BC/YC. On some of the other resort forums I've seen people say that they buy 2 day tickets prior to arrival & then upgrade when they arrive to 4,5,6, etc days when they arrive. I don't understand this, is there a discount or bonus by increasing ticket days when you arrive? We've always had all our tickets paid with our package for total days we need before we arrived. Thank you Disney experts in advance!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #3627
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

New "Must Be the Sunshine" Visit Florida Commercial

Okay. Please note this will be my first visit to the BC so I am not an expert...but is that the "Kitchen Sink" that they have in the new Visit Florida commercial titled "Must Be the Sunshine"?

It's not a round sink - it's rectangular, but it is filled with ice cream! I'm sorry but I can't find the video, nor any photo clips from the commercial. They are playing like crazy in the Chicago market!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #3628
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Was it this commercial?

http://visitflorida.org/am/downloads...realright.html

Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #3629
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

So true!! We just returned from a 9-day trip earlier this month, and loved our slow days in the Epcot resort area! One morning, we went over to DHS for a few last ToT rides and then spent the rest of the day relaxing at SAB and on the SEA RACERS at the YC marina. Soon, you will all tire of me raving about those sea racers, but for now, I just have to put in another plug. It was my husband's idea in the first place, and while I was timing the walk from Picabu to YC, I discovered he had rented boats. Our 13-year-old could drive and loved it. Our 12-year-old was too short to drive, and was a little scared riding with his older brother, but gave it a big thumbs up in the end. I didn't think I would really want to drive, but I loved it (and hit zero friendship boats while doing so - yay!) Our 6-year-old was a happy passenger. So between SAB, shopping, eating, renting sea racers, enjoying the CL lounge - wonderful day!

So true!!!

We also love renting the sea racers. The first year we rented them my oldest DS was 13 and was beyond thrilled that he could drive mom. This was the highlight of the trip for him. They have become a regular off day activity.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #3630
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
YES! (Google - you failed me )....it's at about 00:36 into the video.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: