DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

The December UY Blues

I recently decided to hunt around for a small BLT add-on. However, my December UY appears to be quite elusive.

Is December the most popular UY and hardest to find resale?

Just curious....

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

I feel your pain. We have a June UY, also BLT. June is quite elusive via resale, as well. Good luck! I hope you find something soon.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
macemc12
Mouseketeer

We would love to add on 25-50 pts at BLT with a December UY as well. I think it is very difficult to find since there are so few Dec contracts out there compared to Feb which is most popular. Direct purchase may be the easiest route to take. Unfortunately, the most expensive as well. Seems like Disney is buying up Dec pts exercising ROFR from resale contracts submitted. Clearly, the points are in demand.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

macemc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniosmom View Post
I recently decided to hunt around for a small BLT add-on. However, my December UY appears to be quite elusive.

Is December the most popular UY and hardest to find resale?

Just curious....
Here is a link to dvcnews.com that shows the distribution by UY for each resort:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...on-by-use-year

It looks like Dec is only 11%, as compared to Feb which is almost 38%. When those Dec UY contracts come available, they may get snapped up more quickly since the frequency of that UY coming available is low. Although, there are also fewer people with Dec UY, so maybe it doesn't matter that much.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Yacht Club Feb '15, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
thptrek
DIS Veteran

Disney rofr'd my contract last week. It was December UY for BLT and at $95/pt I never thought they would but it does seem that December is in high demand. I'm currently trying for a Feb contract

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
Here is a link to dvcnews.com that shows the distribution by UY for each resort:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...on-by-use-year

It looks like Dec is only 11%, as compared to Feb which is almost 38%. When those Dec UY contracts come available, they may get snapped up more quickly since the frequency of that UY coming available is low. Although, there are also fewer people with Dec UY, so maybe it doesn't matter that much.
Wow, I am surpised that June is the second most common UY for BLT after February. June UY resales are few and far between.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thptrek
Disney rofr'd my contract last week. It was December UY for BLT and at $95/pt I never thought they would but it does seem that December is in high demand. I'm currently trying for a Feb contract
Oh no.. I am waiting on an ROFR decision for BLT Dec UY at $95.. Should hear by Thursday as that is 30 days...mine was for 100 points...I'm surprised that your contract got taken...

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
macemc12
Mouseketeer

In the ROFR thread, it looks like many Dec points have been taken by Disney lately. :-(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

macemc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Disney seems to pick and choose what UY's they like to sell for reasons that they only know. I would think that it would have an effect on more than just the number of available resale contracts.

At BLT Disney seemed to offer only February contracts for the longest time. I remember discussing this with a couple of Guides at the time and even they couldn't understand why.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Disney seems to pick and choose what UY's they like to sell for reasons that they only know. I would think that it would have an effect on more than just the number of available resale contracts.

At BLT Disney seemed to offer only February contracts for the longest time. I remember discussing this with a couple of Guides at the time and even they couldn't understand why.

Bill
Do you think that they might be interested in direct selling DEC UY contracts now because we are so new in that use year that they will be able to maximize maintenance fees collected vs. the amount of points they need to give at purchase?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw

Oh no.. I am waiting on an ROFR decision for BLT Dec UY at $95.. Should hear by Thursday as that is 30 days...mine was for 100 points...I'm surprised that your contract got taken...
I am also in waiting on a Dec UY, but on SSR. I saw BLT was mentioned. Does it matter which resort, or is it just Dec UY in general?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

I am waiting on an AKV Dec UY contract to go to through ROFR...I wasn't nervous at all until this thread

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of Figment View Post
I am also in waiting on a Dec UY, but on SSR. I saw BLT was mentioned. Does it matter which resort, or is it just Dec UY in general?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTikiBeckie View Post
I am waiting on an AKV Dec UY contract to go to through ROFR...I wasn't nervous at all until this thread
I don't think either of you have anything to worry about. They are still actively pushing AKV, so they have an abundance of virgin points to sell -- they certainly don't need to be reacquiring "used" AKV points to try to unload.

Looking at the ROFR thread, it does not appear that any reasonable SSR offers have failed to pass in the past 2 years. There was one loaded contract with a Jun UY that was snapped up recently, but a decent sized Dec UY passed at a fairly low price.

Good luck to both of you! Keep us posted!
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Yacht Club Feb '15, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #14
ssawka
DIS Veteran

I guess its good that I have the rarest UY @ BLT. October.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #15
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
I don't think either of you have anything to worry about. They are still actively pushing AKV, so they have an abundance of virgin points to sell -- they certainly don't need to be reacquiring "used" AKV points to try to unload.

Looking at the ROFR thread, it does not appear that any reasonable SSR offers have failed to pass in the past 2 years. There was one loaded contract with a Jun UY that was snapped up recently, but a decent sized Dec UY passed at a fairly low price.

Good luck to both of you! Keep us posted!
Great, thanks so much for the info! I didn't think I had much to worry about, but this puts my mind at ease.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: