Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #166
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora
Just did my online check-in, to the sound of Wishes playing on Youtube in the background I'm SO excited!!! Online check-in today, and then tomorrow onwards it's the single-digit countdown

When it gave me the option to make 2 room/amenity requests, I chose "Highest Floor" (no bugs walking in off the grounds or noisy people above, thank ya) and then I was a bit confused about the building choices. I'd hoped to choose Jazz as it's the closest non-preferred building to the food court/buses, but it wasn't an option. The three choices it gave me were Calypso, Rock or Broadway. Rock and Broadway are further back, but Calypso is Preferred category and I booked a Standard room . I didn't want to choose that and get charged the extra amount at check-in, so I selected the other option that just said "Close To Transportation". I don't know if I should call and ask for Jazz, or just do it at check-in.

On the other hand, I should be at the resort by 10am on arrival day, so I may well just wind up getting put wherever they like. As long as I'm there, I'll be happy
I did the same during my online check in. I check in tomorrow. I'll let you know where we end up!!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #167
AuroraRora
Princess

Thanks Kathy, that would be awesome!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #168
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
When it gave me the option to make 2 room/amenity requests, I chose "Highest Floor" (no bugs walking in off the grounds or noisy people above, thank ya) and then I was a bit confused about the building choices. I'd hoped to choose Jazz as it's the closest non-preferred building to the food court/buses, but it wasn't an option. The three choices it gave me were Calypso, Rock or Broadway. Rock and Broadway are further back, but Calypso is Preferred category and I booked a Standard room . I didn't want to choose that and get charged the extra amount at check-in, so I selected the other option that just said "Close To Transportation". I don't know if I should call and ask for Jazz, or just do it at check-in.

On the other hand, I should be at the resort by 10am on arrival day, so I may well just wind up getting put wherever they like. As long as I'm there, I'll be happy
I would call and request Jazz. It can't hurt and it might help.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #169
ilovedisneyworld
Mouseketeer

do they have a small hairdryer in each room or do I need to bring my own?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #170
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill

I would call and request Jazz. It can't hurt and it might help.
So here's the deal. I had originally put a request on my reservation for Broadway and high floor. When I did online checkin, I chickened out and chose high floor, close to transportation. We are in broadway building 7, on the back side of the building no less. Honestly, it's a bit far. Could I get send to it, probably, but we're trying to see if we an move.

In fact, they just called and will be moving us to Jazz building 2 tomorrow. Very happy about this and glad they were able to accommodate us.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #171
swasyluk
Earning My Ears

I stayed in the Broadway building in September (my first visit to WDW) and had requested a king bes but unfortunately we recieved two doubles (which, after a long day at the parks, was nice to sprawl out on alone) I noticed the room we had was kind of tired looking and was wondering if any of the rooms had been renovated? The pictures at the beginning of the thread showed a very different room than what we had. Regardless, I still loved it and can't wait until our trip in May! We'll never stay off property
swasyluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #172
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swasyluk View Post
I stayed in the Broadway building in September (my first visit to WDW) and had requested a king bes but unfortunately we recieved two doubles (which, after a long day at the parks, was nice to sprawl out on alone) I noticed the room we had was kind of tired looking and was wondering if any of the rooms had been renovated? The pictures at the beginning of the thread showed a very different room than what we had. Regardless, I still loved it and can't wait until our trip in May! We'll never stay off property
There are very few king rooms so it's not easy to get one.

The rooms were reno'd a few years ago....maybe 5 at the most. All the values have had a makeover in the last couple of years. The rooms I have had there looked exactly like the pics on the first page.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #173
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisneyworld View Post
do they have a small hairdryer in each room or do I need to bring my own?
yes....they have the small wall mounted ones. If you have thick hair you might want to bring your own. They are not very powerful.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #174
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swasyluk View Post
Renovations were done in 2008.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #175
texasbelle12
Earning My Ears

We will be checking in in just 10 days! How many safes are in the family suites, and about how big are they? Thanks!
texasbelle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #176
bellabambina12
Bellabambina

So glad to see this thread! we will be there in April, I hope the crowds are low and the weather is good!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #177
thatgirl23
Mouseketeer

I know the TVs are LG, but does anyone know any specifics? Like if it's LCD or plasma, etc? The model? Thank you!
10/01: offsite -- 6/02: offsite -- 1/04: ASMusic -- 4/04: ASMusic -- 5/05: offsite -- 7/05: ASMovies -- 12/07: ASMovies -- 12/08: ASMusic -- 5/09: ASMusic -- 10/09: ASMusic -- 3/10: ASMusic -- 8/10: ASMusic -- 3/11: ASMusic -- 7/11: offsite -- 10/11: ASMusic -- 10/12: ASSports -- 7/13: ASMusic -- 12/13: ASMusic -- 7/14: ASMusic

Discovery Cove Trainer for a Day review - July 21, 2014

thatgirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #178
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
a quick question.
The drawers under the tv set area...are NOT MANY...and now with the refrig taking up the other side of the drawers...
they have a few hangers to hang clothes on...wonder if they would give us more to use from housekeeping..
We are four adults.
and two of us are FEMALES...catch my drift....so we will need to at least hang up our shirts..
Has anyone done this for their clothes..?
Just got back last week and YES! there is a lot less space for clothes now. Not just the fridge, but the flat screen TVs took away half of the wardrobe.

You can get lots more hangers from Mousekeeping -- just call down from your room phone and they'll bring as many as you need. We also put our sweaters on the shelf above the rod but I'm thinking of bringing one of those folding clothes organizers that hangs off the rod for next time. It was just 2 of us this time and we needed all 3 drawers -- we'll let my husband come next time if we can figure out a place for his clothes

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #179
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Renovations were done in 2008.
That reno started just before our first trip, 6 years ago -- so we got a totally redone room in Rock. The last couple of years we noticed that the mattresses were getting spongy, but they started replacing them before our trip last year.

Tbh, I think every resort except for AoA could do with a re-do. Music and Sports are still the most recent total renos.

As for the sounds of water flushing, we have noticed this less at Music than at other disney resorts, especially Pop (that was very very loud). AoA was no worse than Music.

We did online check-in and got NONE of our requests -- totally opposite of what we asked for. Our room had already been assigned so it was hard to get it changed. Not sure I'll ever do it again, but it may have just been because we had a much shorter trip -- usually we're there at least a week and have always gotten everything we requested.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #180
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post

Tbh, I think every resort except for AoA could do with a re-do. Music and Sports are still the most recent total renos.
All Star Movies was done in 2011.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: