Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Surgery on Monday

Hi everyone... The disboards have helped me out in so many disney related ways, that when I didnt know where else to turn - I figured this was the right place.

Monday I am having the scariest surgery of my life - removal of a brain tumor. I am only 31 and I am married with a 7 month old daughter. I am so scared of not waking up and never seeing my family again - but I know that the sooner I have the surgery the better. Earlier this month we took a two week land/sea vacation at disney and I made sure to take pictures of everything! In fact, in order to keep my mind off of the surgery I've begun planning a vacation next year for my entire family (parents, siblings and their families). Believe it or not - it has really helped. Now two days before the surgery I just can't my mind straight... I don't know what I'm looking for from this...maybe just some good vibes...

Katekins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

So sorry you have to go through this. We all handle things differently and in our own way. Its only natural to have so many thoughts racing through your mind.

I had 2 tumors out during my cancer surgery (thy ca). I already knew what I might be facing ahead. the dr. told me I might not be able to speak again. So I sat quietly while crying and wrote a letter to each of my adult sons and my dh. I had a really rough recovery and my dh held my hand while I was in a coma for 2 days.

Before that we also had a disney trip with youngest ds. I treasured every moment of that trip.

Make sure you have lots of help for when you get home from the hospital. I am sure you have a lot of family support so that is so good. My family has passed away and we are blessed to have an amazing church family. They constantly made us meals and that was such a blessing. 3 hungry boys and a hungry dh.

Its good to have another disney trip to look forward too. It got me through the other 4 operations and radiation, drs visits etc. Just dh and i went back and he hugged me and said you are finally here again as we looked at the castle. He said, you made it! That said it all and that picture is one we always cherish.

Take it one day at a time and dont push yourself during your recovery Your body will have been through an ordeal.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Hang in there sweetie!

Are you from NJ? I am one too, but now am living in NY.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

I am sending, hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way. I have never been through what you are going through but one of my friends has. Meeting with his pastor before surgery really helped to ease his mind and calm his soul. I am happy to say he came through and is doing very well. I will pray for the same outcome for you.
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Wyndham Timeshare Owner & RCI Member since 1985
Mrs. Ciz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins
So sorry you have to go through this. We all handle things differently and in our own way. Its only natural to have so many thoughts racing through your mind.

I had 2 tumors out during my cancer surgery (thy ca). I already knew what I might be facing ahead. the dr. told me I might not be able to speak again. So I sat quietly while crying and wrote a letter to each of my adult sons and my dh. I had a really rough recovery and my dh held my hand while I was in a coma for 2 days.

Before that we also had a disney trip with youngest ds. I treasured every moment of that trip.

Make sure you have lots of help for when you get home from the hospital. I am sure you have a lot of family support so that is so good. My family has passed away and we are blessed to have an amazing church family. They constantly made us meals and that was such a blessing. 3 hungry boys and a hungry dh.

Its good to have another disney trip to look forward too. It got me through the other 4 operations and radiation, drs visits etc. Just dh and i went back and he hugged me and said you are finally here again as we looked at the castle. He said, you made it! That said it all and that picture is one we always cherish.

Take it one day at a time and dont push yourself during your recovery Your body will have been through an ordeal.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Hang in there sweetie!

Are you from NJ? I am one too, but now am living in NY.
Thank you - thankfully I have a wonderful family who will make sure everything is taken care - esp bc I'm out of work for three months.

Yes I'm in NJ, currently down by LBI. I'm actually having the surgery in NYC at NYU.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Ciz
I am sending, hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way. I have never been through what you are going through but one of my friends has. Meeting with his pastor before surgery really helped to ease his mind and calm his soul. I am happy to say he came through and is doing very well. I will pray for the same outcome for you.
Thank you so much!

Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
BelleMaria
Earning My Ears

Sending prayers out to you also! Ugh it just sucks....obviously no one deserves or should be sick in a perfect world but you are so young I pray all goes well and a speedy recovery and prayers for your family too.
BelleMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery! Come back when you are feeling better and give us an update!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
MomiTo2SwtGuys
DIS Veteran

Many many prayers coming your way!

MomiTo2SwtGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

I can understand your fear completely.. I have had a few brain surgeries..

You are in constant thoughts and prayers...

I was like yourself. I didn't sleep or even hold a straight thought a few days leading up...

Please update us when it is possible for you.
Wishing you a speedy recovery without any complications..
XO
Old 02-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Thank you everybody. Just reading everybody's kind words helps. Twelve hours until I need to be at the hospital and I doubt ill sleep at all but I'm going to spend the night with my family and enjoy every moment!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katekins13 View Post
Thank you everybody. Just reading everybody's kind words helps. Twelve hours until I need to be at the hospital and I doubt ill sleep at all but I'm going to spend the night with my family and enjoy every moment!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
scootch
DIS Veteran

Tons prayers and love to you. You can do it!
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #13
CrazyDreamer
lost in the clouds

I wish you all the best as you face this challenge. May lots of love (and luck) sustain you in your recovery.

First trip to WDW: March 24th-29th!!
CrazyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #14
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Aww, that is so scary with such a little one. One of the overwhelming fears I had during my whole cancer experience was my kids possibly losing me. It's very common for those with kids going through this type of thing. Keeping you in my prayers for a quick and uncomplicated surgery.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #15
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Thanks again everyone -it's greatly appreciated.

I'm on my way - hope to post again soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: