Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #211
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
I wonder if a possible solution would be to still post the link, but maybe refer to the specific sections that offer the best information. Something like: "check out pages 3-5 of this link for a detailed discussion of what you're looking for..."

Just an idea!!
I think that is a great idea!

And I want to make sure that all of you on the Yacht & Beach Club thread know I am not calling you out specifically. I haven't visited your fair thread, so I have no idea how far off course you all go! As someone mentioned the Y & B thread, I just used it for an example. No offence intended!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #212
lbv7
Mouseketeer

I think some people are missing the point - if you want to chit chat go ahead, just don't do it on a specific resort thread.

Disboards gidelines point 8 Staying on Topic reads as follows:

Each of the Dis boards focuses on a specific topic. Please look the choices over before posting on the wrong board. For instance, you don't want to ask about park hours on the Restaurants Board or tell everyone about your stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort on the Disney Cruise Line Board. It makes it easier for everyone to find what they're looking for when the boards stay on topic.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #213
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I think that is a great idea!

And I want to make sure that all of you on the Yacht & Beach Club thread know I am not calling you out specifically. I haven't visited your fair thread, so I have no idea how far off course you all go! As someone mentioned the Y & B thread, I just used it for an example. No offence intended!
None taken!

I too was just using the BC/YC and GF threads as examples of very friendly and helpful threads.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #214
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
I think some people are missing the point......
I got your point lbv7. Thanks for directing me to the official rules. There's a bunch of rules on there I wasn't aware of.

Last edited by MickeyT; 02-24-2013 at 06:22 AM.
MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #215
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
I think some people are missing the point - if you want to chit chat go ahead, just don't do it on a specific resort thread.

Disboards gidelines point 8 Staying on Topic reads as follows:

Each of the Dis boards focuses on a specific topic. Please look the choices over before posting on the wrong board. For instance, you don't want to ask about park hours on the Restaurants Board or tell everyone about your stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort on the Disney Cruise Line Board. It makes it easier for everyone to find what they're looking for when the boards stay on topic.
Thanks again for reminding us all about Dis rules. If you find a problem with a thread, you can report it. Simple. Hit that little red and white triangle thingy on the bottom left of any post. Complain to a mod. I'm sure that will take care of it in a flash.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #216
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Thanks again for reminding us all about Dis rules. If you find a problem with a thread, you can report it. Simple. Hit that little red and white triangle thingy on the bottom left of any post. Complain to a mod. I'm sure that will take care of it in a flash.
It's interesting that you posted this because I've been wondering if I should report all the threads that get started in Theme Park Attractions and Strategies that have nothing to do with either. I swear, I think some people think that since that board probably has the most activity that that's where they should post any and every question they have. I mean, I have no problem with reporting spammers (and in fact take great pleasure in doing so), but reporting posters for posting in the wrong forums seems a bit petty, I guess.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #217
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

In fact, I agree with you. It is the moderators job to police the threads, not ours. Although we can and should report flagrant abuses I think it is up to the mods to delete or move threads or posts that are inappropriate. I had always assumed that if the chit chat on some of the resort threads were all that wrong, we would have seen cautions doled out by the mods.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #218
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I had always assumed that if the chit chat on some of the resort threads were all that wrong, we would have seen cautions doled out by the mods.
Exactly, see post #1794, 01/27/2013, page 120 on BC/YC thread for "caution doled out by the mods."
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #219
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

The, will my family of 6 fit in one value? and then get mad when people explain the occupancy rules.

The broad questions like, compare pop to gf. Like there is no comparison why bother asking
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #220
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

I'm really surprised I haven't seen this pet peeve listed yet. I think one of my favorite pet peeves is,"I tipped Mousekeeping every day and they never left us any towel animals! The kids were heartbroken."
Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #221
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Wow! I can't believe after 15 pages...nobody mentioned my biggest pet peeve.

We rode SM in MK. There are a couple of others like this...but my OCD and curiosity totally gets in the way of my having a good time reading. I wonder for pages and pages...Was it Space Mountain or Splash Mountain?

I wish I could remember the rest of these...but there are a few examples of the SM phenomena.

Secondly, I hate it when someone posts itty bitty pictures on a photo thread. I then get confused when someone apologizes for posting a picture that fills the screen. I just saw a beautiful picture of Bay Lake with the Castle in the back of the picture. My eyes! My eyes! Um...a beautiful picture should be big, right?

Quote:

Well said. I often wonder about the people who object to the so called morality police. Do they not have any little voice inside them that says "that's wrong, don't do it"? They advocate things that go against Disney or Disboard rules, or just common decency and good manners and then become indignant if someone calls them on it. Or perhaps they really are that clueless and need to be informed. Either way, I agree with a PP- they're asking for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
But some people do have a problem with it, and the phrase Morality Police often comes out. It is very crazy!

Oh and then they add the ever popular "Well you speed when you drive, don't you? That means you can't judge others!" Yeah most people speed, so that means we throw all laws and rules of conduct out the window!
I will probably get flamed for this because times have changed so much. I get really irritated about the posts that say something like...me and my 9 year old stayed in one room while my 16 year old daughter and her boyfriend stayed in the other room. If I say one word about that being a bad influence on young readers, I will be told bluntly to leave my morality out of it.

Quote:
If it bothers you about someone making a request for being close to an elevator to avoid a long walk, is it also your pet peeve about people who always comment about the "horrendous self parking at the Boardwalk" due to the far walk to the lobby?
I dislike the threads that say all fat people are lazy, and that walking would do them a lot of good. I walk at Disney. I do think its good for me, and I do all that I can do to get around. I walked 27 miles on my last trip. I sat on a lot of benches too. At the end of the day, I was also glad to get to my room and was glad that it wasn't at the end of a very long hallway. I have also asked to be reassigned a room at the Boardwalk after requesting close to an elevator...and getting that request ignored. It's not the first mile or half mile of the day that gets you...its the last one.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #222
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
Wow! I can't believe after 15 pages...nobody mentioned my biggest pet peeve.

We rode SM in MK. There are a couple of others like this...but my OCD and curiosity totally gets in the way of my having a good time reading. I wonder for pages and pages...Was it Space Mountain or Splash Mountain?

I wish I could remember the rest of these...but there are a few examples of the SM phenomena.

Secondly, I hate it when someone posts itty bitty pictures on a photo thread. I then get confused when someone apologizes for posting a picture that fills the screen. I just saw a beautiful picture of Bay Lake with the Castle in the back of the picture. My eyes! My eyes! Um...a beautiful picture should be big, right?

I will probably get flamed for this because times have changed so much. I get really irritated about the posts that say something like...me and my 9 year old stayed in one room while my 16 year old daughter and her boyfriend stayed in the other room. If I say one word about that being a bad influence on young readers, I will be told bluntly to leave my morality out of it.

I dislike the threads that say all fat people are lazy, and that walking would do them a lot of good. I walk at Disney. I do think its good for me, and I do all that I can do to get around. I walked 27 miles on my last trip. I sat on a lot of benches too. At the end of the day, I was also glad to get to my room and was glad that it wasn't at the end of a very long hallway. I have also asked to be reassigned a room at the Boardwalk after requesting close to an elevator...and getting that request ignored. It's not the first mile or half mile of the day that gets you...its the last one.
OK... treading lightly here.

You don't want people to judge overweight people, but it's OK for you to judge other people's lifestyle?

And I agree with you that it is not nice and uncalled for when people make ignorant comments about fat people being "lazy."

But though I would NEVER let my teenager share a room with his girlfriend, it's not my place to tell others how to live their lives either.

Now if someone started a thread that states everyone should let their teenage girl have a room with her boyfriend, then I'd share my opinion.
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #223
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

I also don't have a problem with the chitty chat on thread boards, to me makes it a welcoming atmosphere! They almost always answer questions or bring it up even if the answer is unknown. Also, I've made use of the 'search this thread' button which helps narrow down the search for a question. But, everyone has their peeves, so even tho I don't mind, others do, so that's that.

What does seem get me going a little bit, is that if someone asks a question that they know is a rule-bending question.

"I know it's generally not allowed, but can we use this perk that we didn't pay for if we...?"

If you are going to break the rules, don't let us know or make a thread about it! It makes people and your question won't be received very well. If you are going to break or bend the rules, that's your call, but those of us paying for said perks don't want to be part of it.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #224
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey
I'm really surprised I haven't seen this pet peeve listed yet. I think one of my favorite pet peeves is,"I tipped Mousekeeping every day and they never left us any towel animals! The kids were heartbroken."
Lol and I never tip and 98 percent of the time have a towel animal
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #225
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Ok, I haven't gotten through all of these posts, although I plan to. I HAVE used the search function for this thread and didn't see this, so I'm posting. It's not specific to resorts, but much of what is in this thread isn't anyway. Although it's in A resort, so I guess it counts.

For the love of God, it is 'Ohana. It is not an Irish restaurant run by the O'hana family.

Ok, I feel much better now!

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: